Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 946457 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #2865 on: September 09, 2012, 01:38:38 pm »

You could always make an age that has the same design as the overworld but with a flaw to create decay. Then start from there.
Yeah it works when I placed them in an Age but not in the Overworld so I'll have to do that.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: September 09, 2012, 09:13:38 pm »

I'd like to point to this awesome mod I found.

Monster Spawn Highlighter

It's client side, so you can install it and use in any server.

With a hotkey, it highlights those floor blocks where the light is low enough that monsters can spawn. Works also in daylight, telling you where they'll spawn during nighttime.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: September 09, 2012, 09:46:08 pm »

That sounds very very useful, actually.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: September 10, 2012, 12:50:49 am »

That sounds very very useful, actually.

I've been looking for it my whole life (slight exaggeration). I guess I never knew the right keywords :P

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: September 10, 2012, 12:53:14 am »

I've been using Zombe's modpack for spawn highlighting.

Zombe's mods are rather hard to integrate with other mods, and fiddly to configure, so I might try this one.  It's just... at a glance, it looks ugly.

Edit: link changed to Peewee's corrected version per following post.  (And yeah, the minecraft forums' programming is kind of weird.)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 11:37:12 am by 0x517A5D »

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: September 10, 2012, 03:34:49 am »

Minecraft forum handles forum thread links strangely, so I fixed it... What's not to understand?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2873 on: September 10, 2012, 03:42:14 am »

Huh, I thought you fixed the normal link and changed it into a redirect to the main page, so I was wondering what deep meaning it held. :P

Turns out I mixed up the two links, since I tabbed them.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: September 10, 2012, 09:32:26 am »

I've been using Zombe's modpack for spawn highlighting.

Zombe's mods are rather hard to integrate with other mods, and fiddly to configure, so I might try this one.  It's just... at a glance, it looks ugly.

I found Zombe's first, then I found the second one.

It's actually not ugly at all. Just blue rectangles on top of blocks that show spawn points.

One glitch it has is that the hotkey is recognized even when chatting, so you could end up inadvertently turning it on and off.

Also... this one just goes into the Mods folder.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: September 10, 2012, 10:16:30 am »

The monster spawn highlighter guy also made an auto-stacking utility!
This must be really great for all people with slow computers.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: September 10, 2012, 06:45:35 pm »

On note about frameships and mega-frameships - the key is to fracture it up.  You basically have two traits that work together to allow for mega-frameship operation.  1: Frames only make attached blocks, but not secondhand attached blocks.  2: A frame with a cover on it, touching another frame, will not pull the second frame, though this WILL cause issues with how the motors push it.

I've been doing a bit of research in how to make extra-sized frameships and how to get them to behave correctly.  With creative application of panels, covers, non-frame blocks, and especially sticky pistons, you can achieve some very fun results.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: September 10, 2012, 07:14:57 pm »

... by fun results, would you mean a functioning to-scale Krogath?

No? Maybe an oversized peewee, then? Though I guess an AK would be better... you could stick the zappy runes or what'ev from thaumcraft on the arms and call them lasers. Or use actual lasers. I guess the zappy would be for a Thor replica.

What I'm asking is has anyone made Total Annihilation stuff in minecraft yet and, if so, pictures?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: September 10, 2012, 07:16:47 pm »

Actually, I have plans to make a functional "laser" and in fact a nuclear laser.  I'll toss about some creative mode and take some pictures later.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: September 10, 2012, 07:18:19 pm »

On note about frameships and mega-frameships - the key is to fracture it up.  You basically have two traits that work together to allow for mega-frameship operation.  1: Frames only make attached blocks, but not secondhand attached blocks.  2: A frame with a cover on it, touching another frame, will not pull the second frame, though this WILL cause issues with how the motors push it.

I've been doing a bit of research in how to make extra-sized frameships and how to get them to behave correctly.  With creative application of panels, covers, non-frame blocks, and especially sticky pistons, you can achieve some very fun results.

Can't you just make mega-frameships by building multiple adjacent small frameships and having them move in sync?
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 326