Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: No iron, what do  (Read 7325 times)

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No iron, what do
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2012, 05:16:16 pm »

You could use dfhack to "changevein" to iron ore.  Because the universe owes you iron ore.

nightwhips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2012, 06:56:38 pm »

Goblinmas

How does that work with no way to kill them except by flinging them into the magma with my bridges (which would make retrieval of their gear rather difficult)
Silver and Bronze make great blunt weapons, start with those

Bronze is not so hot for blunt, but is fine for edged weapons. I was going to suggest this if you have copper and tin ores. It works just find until the caravans come. I have yet to get a long ways into a fort with iron (for various reasons! so sue me!) and have done well with bronze and melting.
: Miner dwarves? In my volcano?

:I put childs into danger room...
They die, and their parents care nothing because legendary dining room.

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2012, 09:19:59 pm »

Goblinmas

How does that work with no way to kill them except by flinging them into the magma with my bridges (which would make retrieval of their gear rather difficult)

The biggest freaking pitfall bridge contraption levere'ed up ever. We're talking at least 5 separate brigdes all linked together over a massive 20 level drop (preferably into cage traps?). If goblins are still making it over you should have animalsplosion and wood crossbow dwarf bikers with bone bolts ready. Be a dwarf. Make their overthrowing of you as epic as possible.
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

Captain Crazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2012, 09:32:55 pm »

If you aren't above exploits (or decency to your fellow creatures) you can simply forbid the depot once the hoomans dump their goods. Then all their junk is yours to melt!

Back in my day, we din' use elfy things like cage traps an' we were too POOR to have weapons and armor. An' we lived in a DESERT, so we din' have wood like an elf anyhow. The drill sergeant said "Here's your leather cap an' leather shield. You'll get a weapon when you take one from a goblin. Now here's "Teeth" Tirist  come to show you little runts how to BITE!"

Pappy Dorf once saw his buddy bite some'n in half. They was pickin up the entrails for days!
I usually think of Armok as the pure essence of FUCK YOU!

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2012, 10:16:11 pm »

You cant argue with teeth
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

dragginmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile