Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Guide] Voltage's guide for an easy play-through.  (Read 2682 times)

VoltageHero

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
[Guide] Voltage's guide for an easy play-through.
« on: March 30, 2012, 10:54:01 pm »

I'm not certain this is in the right area, but if it is, feel free to read on. I've seen a bunch of tactics, with only one that lasts me for at least some in-game years. The character in this guide is a, "Gifted Leader", if you may. You, when starting with this character, start with higher Charisma, than going on the "E/Charismatic Leader", path. I will now explain how to create and use this said character.

1: On the starting questions, choose "E" for the first, and then "D" for the second, alternating between these two. When you get to "Age 18", I would suggest picking C, seeing as it gives you enough money to start off, obviously though, you don't have to do this.

2: Head to the Internet Cafe when you start, and look for Programmers. When you have around three or four set up for meetings, return to your current hideout. Keep the four Programmers in your meetings until their "Computer" skill is reveled. You want a high leveled Programmer, although six seems the be the norm. If you find one with 7-8 Computer Skill, DO NOT lose that one, and make sure to recruit them. You only need one programmer, or two tops. This is to ensure they aren't easily tracked down by the police.

3: With your new Programmer, create a new squad with only them in it. I would suggest moving them to an "Old" anything, and then have them start on Credit Card Fraud. When you have around $3,500, set up a business front and buy a bunch of food. Once that is done, your Programmer is set! All you have to worry about now is the police finding them, so I would suggest giving them a weapon and armor. Remember to keep the "Credit Card Fraud" status on.

4: Go back to your leader's squad. You are going to need a thief now. This is where it gets boring, and sometimes long. Head to the Juice Bar, and set up meetings with an Clerks, Socialites, Officer Workers, and Critics (both kinds) that you see. Try not set up TOO many meetings, around 7-10 at a time, because doing so can possibly make you miss a meeting. On the first meetings, look next to the person's name. If it does not say "Professional Thief", break off the meetings. Repeat the previous steps in Part 4, until you find and recruit a Thief.

5: You have a Thief. Next you need a car. Have your thief steal a car, of your liking. Note, if you get a message such as "x didn't find a x, but they did find a x!", approach the car, and then call it a day. This allows you to keep looking for the cars, without having to set up the status for your Thief again. Once you have the car, go on to the next step.

6: You are going to need fighters. Soldiers, for that matter. At the moment though, you can not recruit any soldiers, much less have them listen to you. So, now do whatever you can to raise your Persuasion skill, and your Juice. Once you have a decent skill number in Persuasion (you can test this by going to the Army Base and trying to recruit a soldier. If they refuse to talk to you/you can't recruit them, go back to raise the skill higher. ). This may sound a bit strange, but the soldier's are very strong when fighting against people such as the Police or Angry Mobs.

7: Once you have recruited around 2-3 soldiers, you are going to need clothes to avoid detection. Go to the Juice Bar and recruit a Fashion Designer. You want one with a Tailoring Skill on 8-10, don't worry because both the designers, and their high skill level is common.

8: By now, your Programmer has brought you in a decent amount of money, and if you haven't already, buy weapons for all your Liberals. After this, have your Fashion Designer to start working on clothes. I would suggest Army Uniforms, because, even though it is out of place at some places, it can provide very good protection for your men and women.

9: Go shoot up the AM Radio Station, Police Station, Court House, Cable News Station, pretty much anywhere you want. This SHOULD be easy enough.

10: You're making a name for yourself by now. You are going to need a Doctor sooner or later, also. Instead of going through the time-consuming process of finding one, (much less recruiting one), just have one of your Liberals tend to the wounds of the others. Soon, they will start having their First Aid  skill rise, and by quite a bit. So now, that you have the basic members, keep recruiting people you think may be useful to your cause.

11: Keep shooting places up, and recruiting. Try to keep the Police Station locked down at all times, if possible.

12: You are becoming TOO big of a name. People want to put you in jail. What you need now are some Judges on your side. Recruit as many Liberal Judges as you can, and make them Sleepers in the Court-House. This is a major plus, seeing as they will try to reduce your sentencing. You can tell if you have a Sleeper Judge judging your case, because you will get "x tries to hide a smile while they read off the charges."

13: Repeat step 11 for a year or so, moving your Liberals to other safe-houses if need-be.

14: By now, if you have done everything correctly, most people will love the LCS and be mainly LCS. You'll see more Liberal juries, and government workers. Continue step 11 and you should be set, for a sure win.

Good luck!

Edit: I had to change "Body Armor" to "Army Uniform". I had forgotten that you can't create body armor, and the uniform still provides defense.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 07:03:31 am by VoltageHero »

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
Re: [Guide] Voltage's guide for an easy play-through.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 02:43:22 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Pesi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 07:31:53 am »

Want to start with more money? Instead of $1000, pick the beetle and sell it.

Alpheus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 01:37:25 am »

If you start in nightmare mode you can seduce or recruit whoever and have them sell brownies until the fuzz tries to arrest them.  Have your dealer resist and he'll be killed in short order, even if they don't kill you while trying to run they'll still execute you on the spot due to the C+ drug and police laws.  Works great for getting some initial scratch in nightmare mode and has the advantage of not drawing as much heat as fraud in the long run, as long as you don't mind brutally exploiting and discarding your starry eyed recruits.