Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Books as Weapons  (Read 831 times)

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
  • Deciever, I name thee Cael
    • View Profile
Books as Weapons
« on: January 30, 2017, 09:14:29 pm »

So, i've been working on a giant new magic mod for DF, and to keep things balanced for non-spellcaster chars, im adding in magic weapons. By adding in new magical weapons, such as  Giantsteel, i can make magic weapons that kill certain enemies very well - but i also want to make readable weapons. The idea is, when you read them, you are "afflicted" with a syndrome. This can increase strength or speed or agility, of course, but also there can be things like a Dragon Blade which lets you shoot dragonfire once a day, or a Staff of the Winds which allows you to fly for awhile when "read". Anyone know how one might go about doing that? Thx for your time in advance!
My magic mod, Schools of Magic:
----------------------------------
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162596.0
GENERATION 28:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Books as Weapons
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 03:52:36 am »

DFHack is the only way to do this, with item-trigger.

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
  • Deciever, I name thee Cael
    • View Profile
Re: Books as Weapons
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 01:37:52 pm »

Damn - im have no idea how to use DFHack, i was trying to keep my game mostly to RAWS. Well, i'll just make that a later concern, and just put out the magical metal weapons for now. Thx for the help!
My magic mod, Schools of Magic:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162596.0
GENERATION 28:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.