Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

!!DALEKS!! and Introducing: Cybermen!

(1/42) > >>

WillowLuman:
Ladies and gentlemen, finally a creature that can exterminate husks! I present to you...

Crashed on a dirty, backwater fantasy universe, the Daleks mobilize to quickly take over and exterminate so that they can rebuild and escape! The Dalek empire is a hostile civ which will seige you (and everyone else). They have no weapons, gear, or items whatsoever aside from their casings, but that is enough. However, if you can figure out a way to harvest their shells you can get Dalekanium, which is harder than steel, incredibly dense and temperature resistant, but can't take an edge. They sometimes send raiders to steal supplies to feed their reconstruction efforts. Daleks can reproduce through special cloning units (Progenitors) which are found only at their sites. In world gen, it is likely their empire will grow very large, but stop after a while.

Download here:
For DF .43 (Thanks to Enemy Post!)
For DF .34

Questions you may have:
What the hell is a Dalek?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Can they destroy my buildings and workshops?
What do they do to my dorfs?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)Daleks will try to shoot you full of laser, causing severe burns to anything and the blasts hit with extreme force. Up close they will attempt to plunger you to death

How do I kill them?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)That's the bit you have to find out! Have FUN!

Let the !!EXTERMINATION!! Begin!

And now, Introducing: THE CYBERMEN!

They are uniform. They are eternal. They are legion! And they will make you like them. Cybermen are unfeeling cyborgs who seek to end pain and suffering by turning everyone into more of them. While seemingly noble, they want to remove your emotions, identity, and free will as well, because these things can cause pain. They will show up if a civilized being, wanting immortality, finds an infostamp transcribed on stone containing the secrets of cybernetics. They will thank the god of crafts for it, and proceed to follow it's instructions, becoming a cyber leader.

Well, what will these ones do to my dorfs?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)They can convert dwarves, goblins, humans, and elves. Probably some animal men, too. If pressed for numbers, they may even make flimsy cyber slaves out of the recently deceased. Rotten or dismembered corpses are no good, though. The Cyber Leaders basically are walking conversion stations. Do not engage in melee!

How can I kill them?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)Try anything that works against armored foes.

On the flip side, finding a cyber tablet in adventure mode can be very fun. Enjoy converting your very own horde of cyborgs!

BigD145:

Crazy Cow:

Old Greg:
This is brilliant, glad you got it to work!

Looking at this, I came up with a little idea for how weeping angels might work... I'll test it and let you know if it pans out.

Lielac:

--- Quote from: BigD145 on March 31, 2012, 10:16:30 am ---Spoiler (click to show/hide)
--- End quote ---

E-LE-VATE!

Oh hell yes, Daleks. (I vote for Old Greg testing Weeping Angels.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version