Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23

Author Topic: Age of Man  (Read 79514 times)

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Man
« Reply #225 on: July 05, 2012, 01:53:23 am »

NO!
We don't want to replicate what happend here but want to go on another path and become something diffrent!   Or at least me. :-\

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 05, 2012, 04:08:35 am »

Convert, slowly move to monotheism.

(Nature spirits --> Earth mother ---> greek/roman-style pantheon ----> monotheistic god in whose name we shall commit horrible atrocities! )
That's not really how it worked though, the Hebrew were fairly monotheistic from the beginning, it was the Diaspora that started converting everyone else.
Then christianity took over. It was almost usurped by Islam, but Islam began too late, I think. The enlightenment hit before it could convert enough people to be bigger than Christianity.
I know it didn't happen like that - that was just a suggestion how it might work for us: Slowly moving away from pagan concepts towards more and more abstract concepts of the divine. Maybe after monotheism we can go to something like enlightened pantheism (google pantheism if you don't know it; it's a cool concept :D )
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 06, 2012, 07:11:13 pm »

Save his ass.

Or, at least try to. I doubt we have the skill, but we may be able to make him more comfortable.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 06, 2012, 07:16:03 pm »

Gah. Try to save him.

It will have no use and will waste ressources, but whatever.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 07, 2012, 12:02:51 pm »

Gah. Try to save him.

The less Xenophobic we make ourselves, the harder we become to conquer, as the enemy that takes our land is slowly transformed into the Mali by a different name.

We become a Center Nation.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Minority

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 07, 2012, 07:00:32 pm »

Get someone to find some magots to clean the woundwound.
Also woo for Mali No'ke Tribe :-)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 07, 2012, 07:08:46 pm »

Gah. Try to save him.

The less Xenophobic we make ourselves, the harder we become to conquer, as the enemy that takes our land is slowly transformed into the Mali by a different name.

We become a Center Nation.
Something like that kept happening to the historical babylonians: They would get conquered, and their temple-tower would be desecrated by the new ruler. But only a few generations later, the ruler's offspring would once again have everyone worship the old babylonian gods...

(Say, does this thing work similar to spore with regards to Karma? So we save that dude ---> less xenophobia, less militarism, more social & commercial orientation? )

EDIT: And yeah, try to save him. If it works, attribute it to some sort of earth-mother; if it doesn't, either to hostile sorcerers or some transcendental kind of evil... concept.
Yeah.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 07:10:38 pm by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 09, 2012, 09:45:37 am »

Idea <3 Lets take a couple of yards of vine and intertwine them in a crisscross pattern. We need a row of 20 (near) equal sized vines and a column of the same. Make the spacing (holes in between where the column and rows meet) half the size of the average size of the fish we catch. it must be strong enough to be able to hold a man or two, so we would need to test it out by lifting one volunteer up via a strong arm, tree branch, and the vine mesh.

Spoiler: example picture (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:41:03 am by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 09, 2012, 11:05:54 am »

Try to breed the lions.
And if a solareclips comes, predict evil to come.( again because of our religion.)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 09, 2012, 11:10:30 am »

Try to breed the lions.
And if a solareclips comes, predict evil to come.( again because of our religion.)
Lets keep out of the religious aspect. Let it form naturaly, not rushed, or we might loose respect.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 09, 2012, 11:12:43 am »

Good idee!
Also, try to catch some animals. But do nothing dangerous.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 09, 2012, 04:36:45 pm »

Try to breed the lions.
Lets keep out of the religious aspect. Let it form naturaly, not rushed, or we might loose respect.
Well, we should promote religion as it develops (opium for the masses and all that :D )(I mean that as a compliment to religion btw), pushing it in a peaceful, non-xenophobic, solidarity-promoting direction. But do nothing that could harm our social standing!
(Can you call it street cred when there are no streets?)

Also, try to catch some animals. But do nothing dangerous.
Animal farming may be a viable tactic. To make use of the parts of the steppe that can't be used for agriculture, you know.
The Bay12 postcard club

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 10, 2012, 06:43:03 am »

added a picture. It might be better for fishing than anything else. And, when i thought of it, it is impractical for long term use (more than a week) because the fibers will dry out, but, it gives us the knowledge, ant that's what we need. We can work out the long term use later with strips of hide.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 12, 2012, 02:28:14 pm »

make another net.

Since we've settled down permanently, we should start gardening. Any frits we eat should be buried nearby the tribe, on a hunch that they might be responsible for plants. How else do they grow?

Thou art I, I art Thou.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 13, 2012, 08:19:45 am »

Yup, start agriculture with a few full-time farmers.

Also look for ores!
The Bay12 postcard club
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23