Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23

Author Topic: Age of Man  (Read 78539 times)

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Man
« Reply #285 on: August 01, 2012, 04:46:15 am »

fruit juice?

wozzat?
Alright then, make a brew from sprouted seeds to strengthen us. On discovering that it tastes terrible, leave it in the sun to subsequently discover -completely accidentally, of course - the intoxicating properties of the brew.

(I would have expected at least some fruit in the area...)

there is some fruit, but we don't know that we can get juice out of it.

But anyway, BECOME A DEMON
rest until you feel a little better and then put your wrist alternately in cold and warm water.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 02, 2012, 02:29:08 pm »

fruit juice?

wozzat?
Alright then, make a brew from sprouted seeds to strengthen us. On discovering that it tastes terrible, leave it in the sun to subsequently discover -completely accidentally, of course - the intoxicating properties of the brew.

(I would have expected at least some fruit in the area...)

there is some fruit, but we don't know that we can get juice out of it.

But anyway, BECOME A DEMON
rest until you feel a little better and then put your wrist alternately in cold and warm water.
It's broken, we need to set it. But the water treatment should help nevertheless.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 02, 2012, 07:42:28 pm »

hey, if you want fruit, you could always try finding a desert gourd.

no promises it'll leave you alive.
Or sober.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 04, 2012, 04:16:19 am »

also, you could have a problem and accidentally make methylated spirits. methanol=toxic.
Yeah, that doesn't really happen with fermented stuff. Most of the stories of people going blind come from these people drinking denatured (mixed with methanol for tax purposes) alcohol. Even when making moonshine you're pretty safe if you throw away the first ~10% of liquid that distills over.

Leave some whole fruit out in the sun; observe how insects behave oddly when eating from them and decide to try it out yourself.

Set the d**n wrist bone.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 01, 2012, 11:22:50 pm »

We're the leader, right?

Since we're out of commission temporarily, see if we can't get some men to get some logs, long and sturdy. Save the longest sticks as well. Embed the logs in the earth in a circle, then use the long sticks to make a conical frame, to be placed on top. Then it's a matter of finding some long fronds or leaves to cover it with, or grasses if no real leaves are present.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 02, 2012, 12:45:10 pm »

Train the lion to hunt alongside the men. Develop a signel for the lion to attack.

Send some men out to search for stones that make better, sharper, stronger spearheads (this is how we discover things like copper, and iron, and minerals in general. :D Also whoever said that surface ores would be more common now is right. If you think about the major mining areas today, they are areas that historically never contained a civilization that was exploiting the surface or near-surface ore deposits of many major minerals (Austrailia, North America (not including Mexico), Siberia, Mongolia, South-Eastern Africa , Brazil, etc). That is because there exist in those areas minerals closer to the surface that are easier to exploit than minerals elsewhere, in large part thanks to the previous lack of explotation of resources. So there should be much greater concentrations of minerals near the surface now, since nobody has been around to mine the deposits. Copper won't be all over the place, but there should be atleast a very small vein in our area.)

Also take a look at your wrist now, to make sure it is healing correctly.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 02, 2012, 04:46:11 pm »

Meh. Typical first contact for a formerly isolated tribe.

Are we still allied with the Fishers? If so, we probably don't have much to fear from them. Regardless, make a few spears, and then on a whim, take a shorter stick and several sharp rocks and tie them on sideways. Try it out, see if it works better.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 02, 2012, 04:49:48 pm »

I think the fishers were absorbed into the tribe.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 02, 2012, 04:59:06 pm »

Go set some food in the area they where with a spear sticking in the ground.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 02, 2012, 05:22:09 pm »

Have the other men of the tribe make wooden breastplates for themselves, if they do not have any already. Get some fur to wear under the breast plate, we don't want to suffer internel trauma through the breastplate. Have the other men do so as well.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 02, 2012, 07:15:06 pm »

Release the grown lions w/wooden battle gear?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 02, 2012, 08:10:54 pm »

Remember to leave the bodies of their fallen dead impaled on spears outside the village,also experiment with different known objects inside COMPLETELY enclosed spaceswith an active flame(wood=charcoal,meat=smoked meat) and remember a ruling class only truly develops when a surplus of food can be made,and stored when also the distribution of said food is controlled by us
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 07:43:52 am by javierpwn »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 03, 2012, 04:16:56 pm »

Ok. here is how you do it. Your lions need some serious training, but, i dont think it is wise to have them take commands but from one person. Other than that, we need to do some more constructive hunting. . . . More like, finding out what else we can train to do what we want. We concord lions for gods sake. They were our biggest threat once, and we made them subservient to us. All we had to do is feed it and take care of it at a young age.
 We also have to protect our people. Maybe a mega-project is in order? We need more effective ways to dig up dirt than our hands. our back is to the lake, so only our front is exposed. The only thing keeping them out of our town is the water behind us and our people in front. But out people in front have a wide area to defend. So why not shrink it a bit by moving some of the water to the front. Hints why we need better digging devices.
Any ideas?
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 03, 2012, 04:41:50 pm »

I think we should work on better tools right now.

Note how large firewood burns longer. It'd be nice to have a good way of gathering big sticks, but right now you have to wait for them to fall off. They're too hard for knives, but if you could just add more force... if you could get some way for putting your whole arm into it, unlike with a knife where its small size makes it difficult to get a big cut. You obviously can't just size up the knife though, there aren't any stones that size that can be knapped to make one. Not to mention it'd be heavy.

Maybe if you knapped one side of the stone and tied it to a stick. Try that and see what feels natural.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 03, 2012, 04:58:13 pm »

But our lions are trained to hunt, so we could command Them to hunt enemy tribesmen
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23