Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23

Author Topic: Age of Man  (Read 79394 times)

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Man
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2012, 05:42:33 pm »

We should make some axes and shields to increase the amount of wood we can get and to keep ourselves alive.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2012, 07:55:48 pm »

We should make some axes and shields to increase the amount of wood we can get and to keep ourselves alive.
I don't think shields are necessecry against animals, and that is all we are fighting for now, but axes would come in handy.

I think they already got the idea how you make knifes.

They got stone tiped spears.

Make random drawings in the cave! :P
Well I was thinking of the knives as more of a gift to the entire tribe then instruction. Yeah making drawings of tribes achievments would earn us some respect. Lets catalogue our acheivements in chronological order in the cave, left to right of course.

Or maybe do something awsome and then a drawing about it!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 08:13:37 pm by Mr. Palau »
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2012, 06:30:32 am »

Lets see if there is anything that the tribe really fears.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2012, 03:45:19 pm »

Oh yeah +1 to asking tribe what their worst fear is. Worst fear we can kill that is. I presume you wanted us to kill what they fear the most.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2012, 04:16:21 pm »

Oh yeah +1 to asking tribe what their worst fear is. Worst fear we can kill that is. I presume you wanted us to kill what they fear the most.
No No No. I want to see what its innereds look like while it lives.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2012, 05:16:50 pm »

That would be even more impressive! /jk.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2012, 12:17:25 pm »

Idea. how 'bout throwing sharp rocks on the ground, in a narrow point where it will have to go through. Or baiting it into a deep pit?

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2012, 04:59:13 pm »

Idea. how 'bout throwing sharp rocks on the ground, in a narrow point where it will have to go through. Or baiting it into a deep pit?
Yeah lets just kill something easier, then dig a hole deep enough the lion can't come out near a tree, cover aforementioned hole with leaves and sticks, put corpse above hole, use pant fibers to hold it up, and wait.

Horray for unhonorable kills!

And also I take it the fact there are no suitable brances nearby is your way of hinting we couldn't make a javelin. So I assume to make a javelin we will either need a stone axe, which would be hard to make, or go to somewhere with more plentiful branches than our Savanna.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2012, 06:15:35 pm »

Oh I'll just make a sacrifice to the RNG God then.

In that case screw the elaborate trap wander around unil we find some damn branches and make ourselves a javelin to kill that thing. Perform multiple searches, have us change location in between, moving something like a 100 feet or so, so it counts as a new roll each time we try to find the materials and make the javelin.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2012, 08:28:56 pm »

Well Shit, we can use leather to make straps to hold together clothes or weapon heads those aren't that big and the leather's already cut.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2012, 08:44:26 pm »

Lets find some rocks to make the end of that spear more deadly, as before one sharp one intended for the tip and one hard one to shape it.

Any one have any ideas for lion fighting in addition to throwin the Javelin at it?

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2012, 09:00:06 pm »

May I point out that this is a large pride of lions, not just a single lion. we'll need a lot more throwing spears. can we get the rest of the tribe making them?
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2012, 09:17:27 pm »

May I point out that this is a large pride of lions, not just a single lion. we'll need a lot more throwing spears. can we get the rest of the tribe making them?
Yeah they are affraid of a pride of lions, but we can wait and single out a single lion, kill it and bring it back as a trophy to the tribe. If they are affraid of the pride than that will be impressive enough, it will show lions can be killed. I don't think that until we come back with a lion we should ge the tribe involved and that will make it a tribal effort and not just our effort thereby making the kill less impressive.  But the idea of having the entire tibe making Javelins is a good one, and your reminder that it is a tibe of lionis also a good point. I think the best course of action would be we kill one lion and then lead a hunting band armed with Javelins, our new and impressive creation. That would outline us as a leader of the tribe and multiply the respect earned by the single lion kill.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2012, 11:50:04 am »

Yeah they are affraid of a pride of lions, but we can wait and single out a single lion, kill it and bring it back as a trophy to the tribe. If they are affraid of the pride than that will be impressive enough, it will show lions can be killed. I don't think that until we come back with a lion we should ge the tribe involved and that will make it a tribal effort and not just our effort thereby making the kill less impressive.  But the idea of having the entire tibe making Javelins is a good one, and your reminder that it is a tibe of lionis also a good point. I think the best course of action would be we kill one lion and then lead a hunting band armed with Javelins, our new and impressive creation. That would outline us as a leader of the tribe and multiply the respect earned by the single lion kill.

Agreed, but I like my trapping plan either way. If we manage to dig the hole deep and wide enough, we can kill it at our leisure. if not, I would like the Javelin to get that good through off. Hopefully it will strike it somewhere in the legs or back, slowing it down. If we can hit the spine, even better. We might want to make a sling, though, too. So, instead of having an area lined with sharp rocks, we can toss really sharp rocks at it, which, if we undershoot, it will step on, causing it to trip up and maybe buy us enough time to spear its throat or head.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2012, 03:23:23 pm »

Agreed, but I like my trapping plan either way. If we manage to dig the hole deep and wide enough, we can kill it at our leisure. if not, I would like the Javelin to get that good through off. Hopefully it will strike it somewhere in the legs or back, slowing it down. If we can hit the spine, even better. We might want to make a sling, though, too. So, instead of having an area lined with sharp rocks, we can toss really sharp rocks at it, which, if we undershoot, it will step on, causing it to trip up and maybe buy us enough time to spear its throat or head.
explain to me how we can get the lion in the hole and I agree completely, that is the only possible flaw I can see in this. Exempt that and it is perfect. We need a sound way to get the cat in the bag so to speak.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 04:01:50 pm by Mr. Palau »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23