Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23

Author Topic: Age of Man  (Read 78541 times)

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Man
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2012, 03:44:45 pm »

Let's store our tool and spear across our backs. Do you guys want to head back and maybe try and make some footwraps out of the snake skin? I think that way we will be able to go longer distances. Or maybe we should look for a gourd, to hold water. Right after that we need to find a flint or obsidian. Knapping a simple tool is really easy (just a single edge blade the size of a razor) and if we find one stone about, there is bound to be others, so multiple tries until we get something useful. From there making a knife, then a lancehead, eventually should only be a leap.
Well if there isn't a sharp flint rock attached to our spear we should fix that.

And I think to make a proper knife we would need some sort of metal, which is beyond our ability to shape. I don't know how footwraps would enable us to go longer distances, amybe just increase our endurance a little bit since our feet won't hurt.

But lets find a flint or whatever is the sharpest rock avalible and attach it to our spear, and then go kill some animals so we can make waterskins out of their skin.  That'll improve our butchering skill, which we are sure to need in the future.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2012, 03:46:11 pm »

Let's store our tool and spear across our backs. Do you guys want to head back and maybe try and make some footwraps out of the snake skin? I think that way we will be able to go longer distances. Or maybe we should look for a gourd, to hold water. Right after that we need to find a flint or obsidian. Knapping a simple tool is really easy (just a single edge blade the size of a razor) and if we find one stone about, there is bound to be others, so multiple tries until we get something useful. From there making a knife, then a lancehead, eventually should only be a leap.
Well if there isn't a sharp flint rock attached to our spear we should fix that.

And I think to make a proper knife we would need some sort of metal, which is beyond our ability to shape. I don't know how footwraps would enable us to go longer distances, amybe just increase our endurance a little bit since our feet won't hurt.

But lets find a flint or whatever is the sharpest rock avalible and attach it to our spear, and then go kill some animals so we can make waterskins out of their skin.  That'll improve our butchering skill, which we are sure to need in the future.
+1
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2012, 04:09:05 pm »

We got a penalty for using a moderately sharp rock. A well made stone knife would remove that penalty as well as heve a vast number of uses. A spear only has a couple. Knives are important for survival and we are in the stone age, a long way off from metal shaping. There are plenty of proper knives to be made with stone.

Ours needn't be so pretty. We can also probably better shape our spear and maybe even make an atlatl.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 04:10:59 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2012, 05:13:55 pm »

Hot damn that probably cuts better than most of the knives in my kitchen, thats a real piece of work. That would take a long time to make, as you have noted our knife need not be as good. So lets find another rock, one that is heavy and strong, and knape it into a knife shape and find some dead wood and attach it to the dead wood with the same kind of plants that we used to make the belt. After that we can use the knife as our butchering tool, and use the stone in order to make a sharper tip for our spear. I think an atlatl is beyond our comprehension, even if we could make one our guy just couldn't make the leap from spear to atlatl without any simpler ranged weapons in between.

A good spear is more valuable than a good knife, you can use it to kill food and if you ever really need a sharp edge you can use the tip of the spear. And if you really need a knife you can break your spear and then have a knife. A knife is more versatile but the things a spear can do for you are more important than the things a average knife can do for you. Regardless we are making a knife first because we are not hungry for now and so don't need to catch food for a while, and the knife will allow us to make our spear, and butcher the corpses better. Then we will be able to protect ourselves with the hides of our fallen enemies.

So here is what I believe we should do
>Find 3 rocks, one rock that is hard to knap other rocks into tool, and two sharp rocks, one for the knife and one that we can attach to the spear later.
>Collect some of the plants we made the belt out of, in order to attach the knife to the handle.
>Find a dead peice of wood for the handle.
>Go back to the cave, knap the rock that will become the knife, attach the knife to the handle, knap rock that will become the spear tip, attach to spear.

Complete the first three tasks before going back to the cave, once you have returned to the cave feel free to sleep and then knap, or knap then sleep.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2012, 05:39:46 pm »

Well, with that said, I want to ask you guys something. I am DFing it out and I dumped 5 goblins in a pit. They all survived. What should I do next? Repit them, let them bleed to death slowly, or kill them outright?
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2012, 05:59:04 pm »

Well, with that said, I want to ask you guys something. I am DFing it out and I dumped 5 goblins in a pit. They all survived. What should I do next? Repit them, let them bleed to death slowly, or kill them outright?
wooden training weapons, and use them as living dummies for your military to train upon.
They all managed to get shot in the heart by the two crossbow Dwarves that made it to the bottom. I decided to extend the pit and turn it into the blood arena.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2012, 06:08:23 pm »

Ya know whats weird, I played a forum game here about rebuilding civilization after a nuclear apocolypse, and now I am playing one about building it in the first place. Kinda feels like it went full circle, like when you are child and build a towwer out of legos, have it fall down, and think "Aw hell, now I gotta start again". Of course without hell cus small children don't curse.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2012, 06:12:05 pm »

Ya know whats weird, I played a forum game here about rebuilding civilization after a nuclear apocolypse, and now I am playing one about building it in the first place. Kinda feels like it went full circle, like when you are child and build a towwer out of legos, have it fall down, and think "Aw hell, now I gotta start again". Of course without hell cus small children don't curse.
you think

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2012, 06:39:56 pm »

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2012, 06:53:23 pm »

Let's take a nap (knap LOL). I think we have earned it. Then, it's off to whip up either a waterskin or catch some food, depending on how we are feeling.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2012, 07:06:34 pm »

I would say it is about time to start rapping up day one. Lets go get some drink and see if any in the tribe has gone out hunting. If so, make sure to to try and get a piece. if not. Arrange to test out the spears tomorrow. Last but not least, see if anyone will be guarding the tribe tonight. Hope, to whatever god exist, that it isn't us

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2012, 08:03:35 pm »

Let's take a nap (knap LOL).
Wow, lol.  :D
I would say it is about time to start rapping up day one.
:D, intentional?

Yeah I agree we should just go to sleep, when we wake up tommorow test our spears and knife out like Zomara suggested, on whatever tasty thing is nearby, that won't kill us if we try and kill it. Don't go hunting zombie elepants, don't want these guys to end up like my DF hunters. They always died... :'(

BTW Great Order every time I see your avatar I have the urge to google polar bear forum avatar... again.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 08:35:10 pm by Mr. Palau »

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2012, 07:45:23 pm »

Update bump? I know there hasn't been a lot of delibreation but it has been 24 hours so I don't think any one has any new ideas.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 07:46:58 pm by Mr. Palau »

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2012, 08:06:20 pm »

yeah, I kinda got sucked into minecraft and the day just... went.

I'll *try* to do an update tomorrow. depends on whether or not my life gets sucked up again >.>
Don't worry I can empahize.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2012, 05:54:18 am »

Gazelles!

Well, that is luck.

We should try to hunt them down... With the help of our tribe. Throwing spears, ftw.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23