Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23

Author Topic: Age of Man  (Read 78559 times)

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Man
« Reply #195 on: June 30, 2012, 07:45:10 am »

I believe so, given the similiarities of the animal and plant life to earth and the atomosphere being the same.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 01, 2012, 03:53:44 pm »

'Bout becoming urban - sometime back there was talk about religious centers as the locations of the first cities, without even agriculture. How about picking that up? convince the other tribe that we follow some higher being that protects us from the evil everywhere, and that the masks are necessary for that. If they don't give in, present them with some (poisoned) meat and warn them about stomachache being the consequence of not following the surpreme being beforehand.

(Only a little bit poisoned, of course; we don't want them to actually die :D )
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 01, 2012, 07:29:29 pm »

'Bout becoming urban - sometime back there was talk about religious centers as the locations of the first cities, without even agriculture. How about picking that up? convince the other tribe that we follow some higher being that protects us from the evil everywhere, and that the masks are necessary for that. If they don't give in, present them with some (poisoned) meat and warn them about stomachache being the consequence of not following the surpreme being beforehand.

(Only a little bit poisoned, of course; we don't want them to actually die :D )
Let's not poison our allies?

I think our religion will evolve naturally, or if it doesn't we can adopt someone elses. Founding a religion right now is a little bit of a waste, since it'll destroy any secularism we can develop. Imagine a democratic society in 5,000 B.C?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 02, 2012, 03:27:00 am »

I would try to trade the fishing tech for our stone-tipped spear tech.  ;D

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 02, 2012, 04:07:09 am »

Let's not poison our allies?
We could poison them a little bit... You know, to make them fear the evil that is all around us.

And democracy in 5000 BC - I doubt this would work technologically, at least for systems larger than a few towns. If it does, though, I see no mutual exclusivity between religion and democracy; we would just need a bit less of a "cover in fear" approach ;)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 02, 2012, 02:01:52 pm »

What about the wolf-noticing?  ???

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 02, 2012, 02:15:33 pm »

Set up that permanent settlement and begin specialization. That's the key to advancement.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 02, 2012, 02:44:14 pm »

Set up that permanent settlement and begin specialization. That's the key to advancement.
Yes.
The Bay12 postcard club

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 02, 2012, 03:11:10 pm »

Make a fishing stick.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 02, 2012, 03:13:23 pm »

Name: No'ke.

Start farming with people who will from now on do nothing else; set a few people apart to hone their weapon skills and maybe explore a bit.

Have someone take a good look at the kinds of rock that are around, and how they behve in a fire; also observe that hollow things tend to float.

Look for large amounts of trees, i.e. a forest.
The Bay12 postcard club

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 03, 2012, 01:52:55 am »

The Mali Tribe, soon to be Empire.

Set to work gathering many, many berries to plant. Tell a good 6/10ths of the tribe that from now on their sole purpose in life is to provide food by cultivating these bushes, and that they will form the backbone of your new society.

After they have begun their work, gather the rest of the tribe. A pair is to be warriors/hunters, and the rest are craftsmen of various trades. The warriors will defend the tribe, and the craftsmen will provide us with the tools we need.

After this is begun, fast forward until a major event happens, or until our population hits 100.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 03, 2012, 02:10:20 am »

NONONONONONO, i didn't trade these fishing poles without a reason!
Half of these gatherers have to fish!
And we need a bone carver who makes bone arrows or .... wait, we don't even have a bow or his tech!
Research bow and arrow!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 03, 2012, 04:29:13 am »

NONONONONONO, i didn't trade these fishing poles without a reason!
Half of these gatherers have to fish!
And we need a bone carver who makes bone arrows or .... wait, we don't even have a bow or his tech!
Research bow and arrow!
we only have ten people in the tribe right now, we can't do much more than gather food.
Plus, we need some major redundancy on the crops because someone is GOING to fuck it up.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 03, 2012, 06:18:50 am »

Set to work gathering many, many berries to plant. Tell a good 6/10ths of the tribe that from now on their sole purpose in life is to provide food by cultivating these bushes, and that they will form the backbone of your new society.

After they have begun their work, gather the rest of the tribe. A pair is to be warriors/hunters, and the rest are craftsmen of various trades. The warriors will defend the tribe, and the craftsmen will provide us with the tools we need.
Yeah, as someone said before: Specialization is the key to success. For specialization, however, we need more technology; I suggest (as can be seen on the previous page) metalworking and sailing/canooing. Bow & arrow is good too though.

How fast exactly can we do research? How long does it take for something new to be discovered? How exactly does that happen?
The Bay12 postcard club

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 03, 2012, 10:32:01 am »

Take them and have someone in our tribe that knows how to heal take care of him in one of the tents.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23