Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

SO MANY REINFORCEMENTS (Let's Play Super Robot Wars J)Current Series: Voltes V

<< < (59/59)

Seriyu:
I lied, I'm gonna take another week off. Maybe next week? I don't wanna say anything for sure, and I'd rather go into this full speed rather then limping along like I have been recently. Thank you for understanding.

EDIT 9/23/12: Maybe next week. Feeling better about it but again, I don't wanna jump in half cocked.

EDIT: 9/30/12: See above. Gettin there.

EDIT: 10/7/12 Sooner or later.

EDIT: 10/14/12 Not quiiiiite yet, but I'm starting to feel it again. Within a couple of weeks prolly.

EDIT: 10/22/12 Not quite yet, soon.

EDIT: 10/29/12 Only so much I can say. It draws near. How near, who can say.

EDIT: 11/04/12 See above.

EDIT: 11/11/12 Again. I may stop updating this on sundays as I really am feeling like I'l lbe back into this fairly soon, and this post is getting kind've sad. I'll prolly just post again when I've got another update. Until then!

Seriyu:
Annnnnd we're baaaaaaack. Update tomorrow, got it all wrote up (it was partway finished so it wasn't that big a deal), just need to upload images and hook them up.

Seriyu:
Kay, put the Dustproof on Dancougar, the mega booster on Zeorymer, an apogee motor on Great Mazinger (Got it from puzzle robo, +5 mobility +1 movement.), along with a solar panel, flight unit on boss borot, and replaced the HE thrusters on shining gundam with the Hovercraft. I'm saving the water jet for the future, as we don't have a lot of units that are terribly gimped by water aside from shining gundam. Since no one voted on upgrades, I threw my own hat into the ring. Two weapon upgrades for Nadesico, and a mobility upgrade for the shining gundam. Annnd boss borot gets a set of upgrades too because we're focusing on him... Six ticks of armor, since we have so much money kicking around. That should help a ton.

He's clearly upset about having another enemy faction to keep track of.

Sayaka:Koji, are you awake?!
 Koji:Sayaka...?
 Sayaka:Thank God! I was worried you'd never wake up!
 Koji:Whooooa! W-Wait, Sayaka!
 Shiro:Sayaka, those Nergal guys came here to check on how my Bro's do- ...W-Whoa!
 Boss:D-Damn you, Kabuto!
 Ryoko:W-What the hell are you two doing together on the bed like that?!
 Akito:I know the urges can be hard to control, Koji, but this is hardly the time or place...
 Shiro:I saw it! I saw it! Heheh, you're never gonna live this one down, Bro!
 Boss:Damn, I'm jealous, Kabuto!
 Koji:N-No, it's all right... We weren't doing anything!
 Sayaka:T-That's right! N-Nothing at all!
 Ryoko:You both seem to be in rather good spirits... I guess there was no need to check on you, huh?
 Koji:Man, everyone's here! Akito, Roanne... Even Melua?!
 Akito:Yurika was really worried about you, so she told Calvina to come in her place. Melua asked to tag along to see how you were doing, too.
 Melua:Um, are you going to eat those chocolates? We bought them just for you...
 Koji:Huh?
 Melua: There's also come candy... It's really tasty... I-I hope you get better soon!

Melua is basically a foodie.

Ryoko:I was wondering what that mountain of things you bought for him was! You're really somethin' else, Melua, you know that?
 Koji:A-Ah... No, it's all right, Melua. Really!
 Melua:...Really?
 Sayaka:Koji!
 Koji:Oh, uh, I mean.... Thank you, I really appreciate it... But I, ah, just ate lunch. Sorry! I'll be sure to take a few bites of this when I get hungry, though.
 Shiro:Bro, you realize you were sleeping for 3 days straight, right? We were all worried sick about you!
 Akito:Still, at this point we're just glad you're okay.
 Koji:3 days...
 Boss:Yeah. We were searching high and low for you, and then you just show up piloting that wild and crazy robot! What happened, Kabuto?
 Sayaka:That's right! Tell us what happened, Koji!
 Koji: I was searching for a place to land the Pilder safely after it got shot down. Suddenly, the controls stopped working and it started flying itself! Then...

Meanwhile, on the nadesico...

Oki:...And that's what happened. Thanks to several unresolved issues, I can't leave Last Guardian. We were oredered to assist you to the best of our abilities, however, so for the time being, I was thinking of leaving Zeorymer under this ship's command. Sorry for the trouble, Ms. Yurika Misumaru.
 Yurika:.......
 Oki:...Is there a problem?
 Erina:Hey, Captain! Answer the man!
 Yurika:Huh?! Oh uh, right... Sorry about that! We'd be happy to assist you! I believe that you'll turn out to be a great ally! Oh, and um, nice to meet you too, Miku. Let's both do our best!
 Miku:I've heard so much about the Nadesico, the ship that returned from Mars. It's a pleasure to meet you all!

On another part of the bridge...

Ruri:Thinking about something?
 Minato:I'm sure you must be wondering about it too, Ruri. It's about Akito. I was just thinking... Why did Ryoko insist on going with him to the Photon Power Labs?
 Hikaru:Is it me, or does something smell fishy in here?
 Sara:Perhaps our Captain would like to take a look into that?
 Megumi:Well, that's something I can't condone... What a strange girl.

And back to Oki and Erina and such.

Akatsuki:If you want my opinion, I think they're simply going to visit Mr. Kabuto as fellow pilots, and nothing more. Although... Perhaps there IS something going on with those two, after all?
 Erina:You think the backer of International Electronc Brains was that secret organization, the Tekkoryu? Because it sounds a little hard to believe...
 Oki:When their main building was destroyed, we confirmed the silhouettes of several Hakkeshu robots. There's no mistake. Now that they're acting openly, there's no need for their disguise.
 Inez:...There's more to it then that.
 Yurika:What do you mean?
 Inez:I don't think they used IEB soley to acquire money for their robots. Their hardware and network techology are widely used on both colonies and the Moon. If what you say is true, then their main goal probably lies somewhere within the telecommunications framework IEB developed...

Brief note, that is unchanged from the series, Hades Project Zeorymer features an organization that builds devil robots powered by the bodies of genetically engineered children (in a way), that doubles as a hardware and network technology firm. They must have some excellent lawyers.

Oki:That can't be... You think their products were developed to achieve some kind of hidden goal?
 Inez:There's a good chance of that being the case. In fact, it's extremely likely. Consider, for example, that all attempts by Nergal to reverse-engineer their equipment failed. Just like Zeorymer, when we couldn't even analyze it. Even if we're certain they're up to something secret, nobody can be sure what their goal is.
 Prospector:Still, even knowing what we know, we can't simply wave our hands and phase out the use of their products across the Earth Sphere.
 Inez:That's why issuing a warning would be meaningless. There's no way we can put a stop to such a widespread plan. Our only option is to give up.
 Yurika:N-No way!
 Oki:They lurked in secrecy for 15 years... I'm sure they didn't waste that time sitting around.
 Yurika:Oh, hell Calvina! We were just talking about Zeorymer's... Hey, what's with the serious face?
 Calvina:Captain, we've recieved word from the army. Adm. Misumaru's 3rd Fleet is engaged in combat with some kind of alien-like force.
 Yurika:"Alien-LIKE"?! Engaged with Dad's fleet?! Oh no, don't tell me... ...Are they the Gradosians' main force?!
 Calvina:I don't know. They didn't provide any details. It appears they were unable to confirm any SPTs, however. What we know is they easily broke through our lines and fell into the atmosphere... After that, we lost track of them. If they end up coming down around here, there's a good chance we'll need to scramble.
 Yurika:Yeah, and we'll be ready to fight 'em! If they're the Gradosians, then we'll make sure to win this time!
 Oki:The Gradosians... they're the aliens you encountered on Mars, correct?
 Inez:But if that's really them, then there's no explanation for them not sending any SPTs out. I think they may be another enemy.
 Erina:Hey, don't even joke about that! We already have our hands full with all these enemies, and now you're saying there are MORE?!

After all that excitement, back to the photon power labs...

Dr. Yumi:...And this is the readout of Mazinkaiser's technical specifications.

Meet Professor Yotsuya! He did NOT make Combattler V, but he is his successor. In super robot wars universe he's typically portrayed as being buddy buddy with the photon power labs and also the saotome labs if getter's around. Them 70's super robot shows gotta stick together, ya know.

Dr. Yumi:I don't know. From what Koji could remember, it was stored in some kind of secret hangar.
 Tetsuya:Why would the Pilder fly by itself to Kaiser's hangar, though?
 Dr. Yumi:That's probably the work of Prof. Kabuto. Perhaps it's some kind of system installed in Mazinger Z that activates in the event of extreme danger?
 Kosuke:Yes, that sounds plausible. It's certainly a valid explanation for why it didn't respond to Koji's commands.
 Hyoma:Dang, that Prof. Kabuto was seriously amazing!
 Shiro:By the way, Bro, was Grandpa there?
 Koji:I only saw his hologram when he told me about Kaiser. Rest assured, nobody was in that hangar for a looooooong time.
 Shiro:......
 Koji:Is Kaiser safe to use now, Professor? We never know when the enemy's gonna pop up again.
 Dr. Yumi:Based on our analysis, Mazinkaiser's control systems were slightly defective, which ended up damaging your body. The result was your loss of consciousness, and subsequent loss of control over Kaiser. With some training, however, I'm sure you'll be able to pilot it.
 Sayaka:Koji, don't do anything reckless. We have everybody here with us. We'll be able to take care of things around here for the forseeable future...
 Koji:But that doesn't mean I'm in any position to just kick back and relax, Sayaka!
 Dr. Yumi:Be that as it may, you're going to have to recover from your wounds, first. After that, you'll need to train dilligently to control Mazinkaiser.
 Hyoma:We'll help you. That's why we came here today, after all. The sooner Kaiser gets added to our ranks, the better!
 Sayaka:Father, about Aphrodite...
 Dr. Yumi: I'm sorry, but... It's done for. I'll be speeding up the development of its successor. Please focus on supporting Koji until it's complete.

Time passes.

Yotsuya:Giant Missle, Turbo Smasher Punch, and Rust Tornado?! It has a Fire Blaster, too?! If we're going up against something like this, I'll have to work extra hard with Kosuke to finalize Combattler's power-up plans. We have to finish them soon, and they're going to have to compete with this thing?!
 Ropet:THAT'S TRUE. IT WOULD BE BEST FOR YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM THE BOTTLE UNTIL THEN.

Yeah, Yotsuya's an alcoholic too.

Lori:Oh, my! I thought you went sober, Prof. Yotsuya!
 Yotsuya: Drinking is my lifeline! If I quit, I die!
 Loru:Still, you might want to ease up a little...
 Yotsuya:That's none of your business!
 Dr. Yumi: It seems like there's something bothering you, Prof. Yotsuya.
 Yotsuya:I've spoken with the Federation. It seems they've gone ahead with the 2nd Combattler project. Prof. Nanbara did an excellent job of gathering people like Hyoma and the others. He even went so far as to select his own granddaughter to be a member of the combat personnel... From his research we realized that the five pilots would need to be young in order to synchronize their brain waves. What a world we live in...

Meanwhile, at a place called "Big Falcon"...

Hamaguchi:And we turned those children into demons as a result.
Mitsuyo:I had to, for their sake. We must think only of the survival of the Earth from now on.

That seems like a kind've bullshit excuse. For THEIR sake? Uhhh. Not buyin it. For the EARTH'S sake? Sure!

Hamaguchi:You just want them to survive these upcoming battles, don't you?
Mitsuyo:That's right.
Hamaguchi:The time has finally come for the next Super Electromagnetic Machine, following in Combattler's footsteps, to make itself known. Unfortunately, Prof. Nanbara hid the truth from Yotsuya, and ended up losing his life to the Jovian Lizards. We'll have to talk to Mr. Yotsuya about it, before long.

Prof. Nanbara is the guy that made combattler V, but ended up dying, and declaring Professor Yotsuya his successor. Mitsuyo is the mother of a few characters that are litterally going to show up in a second.

(meanwhile a long blue haired fella named Ippei comes in and whines about how bad the training was and how horrible it was and whine whine whine. Not that everyone else didn't do it but he yaks about it longer. Dunno how I missed the one screenshot in the set that tied it all together, but here we are.)

I think we found the whiny one.

FINALLY. All five of those people are the new Combattler V team. Although they're not going in the current combattler V as you know if you've been paying attention.

Hamaguchi: We couldn't speak to you about the situation before this moment. That's why we called you here today.
 Ippei:Fine, then spill it! I don't mind having to fight the Jovian Lizards or the aliens, but if you don't tell us the reason for this chaos we've had to live through, my bullwhip's gonna have some serious words with you!

Yep, he's the whiny one.

Mitsuyo:You must all be aware of the condition the Earth is in right now. However... We posess knowledge of another alien species that was after Earth long before our current enemies set their sights on it.
 Kenichi: More aliens?!
 Megumi:I've already heard about the Gradosians, but... I can't believe there are more aliens!
 Mitsuyo: There's no mistake about it. They've already been to Earth several times in the past, and now they're ready for a full-scale invasion. With the Earth already busy fighting ZAFT, the Gradosians and numerous other enemies, we're the only ones who can concentrate on THESE aliens, the Boazanians!
 Hamaguchi:All of you were chosen as warriors, and trained specifically for this task. Look at the screen. THAT is what you will use to protect this planet!
 Kenichi:What the...
 Hiyoshi:Is that... a robot?!
 Megumi:The resemblence to Combattler is uncanny...
 Hamaguchi:Yes. It was entrusted to me by the father of Kenichi and the others, the now missing  Prof. Go, as well as Prof. Mitsuyo. It is the other Super Electromagnetic Machine: Voltes!
 Kenichi:Voltes...
 [b[Hamaguchi:[/b]Voltes V (pronounced "five")!

I'm not sure if that parenthesis was a translator note or what.

Kenichi:Incredible... Just incredible. With this robot, we can take on the Jovian Lizards any day!
 Mitsuyo: Of course... But you are to also repel the first wave of the Baozanian forces. Is that understood?
 Daijiro:We're going to pilot that thing, Mother?
 Hiyoshi:M-Me too?
 Mitsuyo:That's right. Voltes is a battle mech formed from the combination of five individual machines. Each of you will pilot one. Mr. Mine will take No. 2, Kenichi No. 1, Daijirou No. 3, Hiyoshi No. 4 and Ms. Oka No. 5. Quickly! Get inside them!
 Kenichi:Right now?!
 Ippei:We don't even know the first thing about this crazy contraption!
 Mitsuyo:And just what do you think all that training was for? Quit talking and get inside!
 Daijiro:But we don't know how to control it...
 Mitsuyo:We never know when the Boazanians will attack. That's why we're beginning your final lessons now. Hurry!

MEANWHILE BACK AT THE PHOTON POWER LABS AGAIN

There's a flash of light and an explosion.

Boss:Daaaaaaaamn! That was nuts!
 Nuke:S-Sorry, guys... I've gotta take a bathroom break...!
 Hyoma:Koji, are you all right?
 Koji:Argh, this isn't working at all! My head's killin' me already, and all I did was fire a Photon Beam! Attacking is a totally different story than just controlling it...
 Sayaka:Koji, can you hear me? We're going to have to cut training short for today.
 Koji:What? Don't give me that crap, Sayaka! From here on, the real battle is only-
 Sayaka:We just detected some kind of unknown force in the area. The Nadesico is already on its way, and they've requested that Great and Combattler provide support in the battle, too.

I guess Great Mazinger and Combattler are on hand for the off chance Mazinkaiser goes nuts again.

Tetsuya:Unknown force, you say?
 Hyoma:Just those Tekkoryu wackos, right?
 Sayaka:I don't know... It looks like they're also sending Zeorymer out, but we're unable to confirm the identity of the enemy at this time.
 Juzo:In that case, let's go take a peek at them!
 Kosuke:We'll be going, too. Sayaka, please send me their data.
 Koji:Professor, let me and Kaiser go, too!
 Dr. Yumi:No! If you fight with Kaiser in your current condition, there's a good chance you could lose your life! I won't allow it!

Also a berserk robot trashing everyone else but that's a good point too, I'll admit.

Tetsuya:Don't be so sure of yourself, Kabuto. Right now, you'd be nothing more than a burden.
 Hyoma:Just leave this to us!
 Chizuru:We'll make sure to fight for you and Sayaka!
 Boss:Yeah! Boss Borot'll go, too, so you can just take a nap, okay?
 Tetsuya:Who said YOU were coming?!
 Boss: There's no way I'm stayin' behind, Tetsuya! We'll hitch a ride on Great's back or somethin'!
 Tetsuya:Get in my way, and you'll be sorry. Just stick to your role as support, and we won't have any problems.

Dayum.

Nearby, at the "Bousou Peninsula".

Kenichi: All right...

Ippei:This has gotta be some kinda bad joke. There's no other explanation for why your machine would be higher-leveled than mine!
 Kenichi:Yeah, yeah. Keep complaining. See if I care!
 Hiyoshi:Well, at least we've got a bunch of practice for this, Big Brother!
 Kenichi:Volt Cruiser speaking.
 Hamaguchi:This is Hamaguchi. Moments ago, we received a report on the sighting of that mysterious force, confirmed by Big Falcon's systems. There's no question that they're the Boazinians! It seems they've dropped to the surface so hurry and intercept them!

Big Falcon is the base of Voltes V, it's their photon power labs or whathaveyou. The Boazinians we'll see in a bit, and they are actually kind've notable. But again, we'll get to that.

Megumi:No way...
 Ippei:We're diving head first into a battle?!
 Mitsuyo:Correct. I won't excuse any violations of orders, either.
 Kenichi:As long as we're fighting to protect the Earth, I can't complain. Come on, everyone! Let's see what we can do!

And that's the end of that. Next time, the first stage in the game that gave me trouble. Not a whole ton, but we'll go over it when we get there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version