Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Author Topic: SO MANY REINFORCEMENTS (Let's Play Super Robot Wars J)Current Series: Voltes V  (Read 99685 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: SO MANY REINFORCEMENTS (Let's Play Super Robot Wars Judgement)
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2012, 09:59:16 pm »

Just mentioning the mission is still on track for tomarrow, but it may be a couple hours later then usual. Take note!

EDIT: Yeah, it's gonna be late. I may have to take a break for a day too, due to how my schedule's lined up. Fair warning.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 03:02:51 am by Seriyu »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2012, 08:43:59 pm »

Kay, now getting around to updating the thread. Tons of images, gonna have to ramp it down for future updates.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2012, 09:33:43 pm »

Whurgghh

Katia:Commencing ignition sequence. Starting up OS. Initiating Orgone Extractor activation. Cytron activation confirmed. Linkage rate is within tolerated levels. Output stabilized... Systems are all green! Bellzelute's activation is complete. We can launch whenever you want.
Calvina:Bellzelute, preparing for launch. Eiji Asuka... We've never fought an enemy like this before. We'll be counting on you for help.
Eiji:Understood.
Grados Sold.:Looks like the hairy monkeys are running away!

but you also joined up with one of their warships! That ship was able to make it this far... We can't underestimate them!
Eiji:Gale...
Gale:Eiji, can you hear me? While we can overlook you smuggling yourself aboard one of our ships, the crime of stealing an SPT is another matter entirely. I can still intervene in your favor. As your brother-in-law, I don't want to think of you as a traitor. If you surrender now, it's not too late to redeem yourself.
Eiji:Forgive me, Gale. I can't.
Gale:Don't make me suffer, Eiji. You're confused! You've deluded yourself into thinking the Earthlings are your friends, but remember your heritage. You were born on the fertile plains of Grados. You're a Gradosian, Eiji!
Eiji:But half my blood is that of an Earthling!
Gale:There's nothing I can do, is there? I'll just have to take you back by force! All units commence attack. Exterminate the Earthlings!
Eiji:Enemy forces are beginning their attack. We have to intercept!

TURN ONE!

Annnd we start. This mission will also be introducing another small mechanic, that I'll introduce when I pull off. We have four new units, the Baybull, a short-mid range real, The Buldy , a mid-long range real, ala coustwell with less attacks. Annnnd the SPT Eiji stole, Layzner. A very dodgy flexible mostly ranged real robot. All from Blue Comet SPT Layzner. The Aestivalises also aren't using their ground frames. Luckily I can fix this by moving them into the nadesico and switching frames there via the "exchange" option. Takes a turn and ten will, but given that there's no water on this map at all, it's probably worth the tradeoff. Nothing particularly flashy happens, so no screenshots. They also don't change appearence for this form, but they do for others.

I land everyone that does well on the ground, and move to the left to smash up that segment of the enemy force. Nobody gets in range, so turn end.

ENEMY PHASE

A skullgunner(Blue comet SPT layzner) attacks the nadesico, using AP cannon. The Nadesico also actually has a chance to miss it. THis is where the game stops messing around with you. The enemy robots actually have meaningful amounts of stats, admittantly not amazing amounts at this point, but it'll go up quick. On top of that we have an enemy boss unit. We'll get to him when we get there.

The skullgunner gets what you'd expect for attacking a battleship. Meanwhile a battta attacks the baybull, with a 40% chance to hit without him evading, and thereby proves it is already becoming dangerously outdated. Poor thing. At least it had the sense to attack outside of it's attack range. Admittantly it's not hard to do, considering it's longest range weapon is 4 spaces, but I'm gonna let it have this.

Naturally, despite all my yammering, it still manages to hit. Another skullgunner does the exact same thing it's predecessor did and explodes for its trouble. Meanwhile, Eiji gets his first combat round! Let's watch.

As you can see, Eiji is easily our dodgiest fellow right now. He's our first "real" real robot, in that his primary defense is not a barrier, like the aestivalis, but it's evasive maneuvers. It being a small size also helps. Now for Eiji's strongest attack, Calf Missle.

This is an excellent start.

TURN TWO!

Bellzelute attacks the batta that managed to nick Baybull last turn.

Still no kill. Hmm. I suppose it was a middle strength attack, and it still almost one shotted it. Attack power is probably fine. Baybull finishes it with Knuckle Shot. Baybull's best attack, it also uses no ammo or energy! Pretty nice.

Eiji almost picks off another batta with Calf Missle. Yeah, Bellzelute's attack power is doing fine, matching up with other units pretty well. Buldy gets his first turn and finishes off Eiji's batta. As seen here.

Shoulder cannon has a range of 2-7, and hits like a truck. Pretty nice. Baybull and Buldy can also repair, as a note. Blue Earth flies in and repairs baybull. Aphrodite does the same thing. Nadesico heads down and smacks around a skullgunner with it's missles, almost killing it, and unloads the ground frames. All five pilots gain a level from this.

Note, Akito here is using immediate knife, which is a melee attack. Since the ground frames can't fly, the vast majority of it's melee attacks can't hit flying enemies, like the greyed out skullgunner there. It has one exception.

Wired knuckle! One of the only melee attacks that works on air units. The rest of the Aesti's deploy, and wreck three of the enemy units. Here is Gai demonstrating.

The famed Gai Super Upper. Was it worth it? Eh. Mazinger moves up and bashes a Batta with a Rocket Punch.

ENEMY PHASE

The commander's vanguard in the lower left corner start to move towards our forces. A katonbo attacks Ryoko, and misses.

Note the "gai:1/1" in the lower right hand corner. This means he'll hop in and take a hit for Mazinger. 1/1 is how many times he can do this a turn, in this case once. Since he's got a pretty hefty barrier, I'll take him up on that.

Definatly worth it. A batta leaps into the fray, attacking mazinger and getting roasted with photon beam for the trouble.

Perhaps the ideal eye laser weapon. I approve. More dudes jump Mazinger. Let's get a decent shot of Breast Fire while we're at this.

One shotted again.Koji get's a level for it. A batta leaps at Mazinger and gets wrecked, activating MAZINPOWER. Still no shot. The text is up for a startlingly small amount of time. It raises his offense by 25%. Activates at 120 will. Very nice.

TURN THREE!

I move the Nadesico and Aesties towards the "elite" units in the lower left. The Nadesico tags the rightmost Katanbo with some missles. The Aesties move in and pound the crap out of it with wired fist attacks, with Mazinger landing the killing blow with rocket punch. As a note, Hikaru took a hit, and took about 2.5k damage. Gai took a hit, and took about 800 damage. This is the difference a charecter that is well statted for the defense it is using makes.

Calvina and Katia move in and attack a braver with shot launcher. It has a 22% chance to get hit by the braver, as opposed to the 60% it was having last match against a batta. HMMMM. Maybe size difference.

Takes out the majority of his health, despite being our second strongest attack. Nice. Maybe battas are just heavily armored. Baybull heads south, and nails a katanbo with his lasered Rifle. A common attack among most humanoid blue comet SPT layzner units.

Aphrodite A moves in and finishes healing Baybull, blue earth moves down towards the main force. Layzner and combattler finish off the right end of the enemy forces.

ENEMY PHASE

A braver, (blue comet SPT Layzner) one of the "elite grunts" moves in on the Nadesico and Knuckle Shot's it.

Being an elite grunt isn't all it's cracked up to be, at this point. The rest of the bravers dogpile the Nadesico, killing two of thme, and setting up the other two to be finished off next turn.

The remaining katanbo attacks Aphrodite A, David takes the attack, and she counters with missles. A dimage rushes in and attacks Aphrodite again. David can't take this one for her, so she defends.

Note that this mech has a notable pilot. THis makes all the difference. The Greimkaiser rushes Aphrodite A too, she defends again. Not Sayaka's lucky day I guess.

TURN FOUR!

Now, for a secret. A secret is an event, that, after performing a ton of other related activities throughout the game, will unlock a secret unit later in the game. THis is the first step in this particular secret. Let Eiji talk to gale.

Eiji:Gale, please! You have to stop this!
Gale:Eiji, if you're not going to surrender, then I've no choice but to shoot you down. Please, don't make me do it...
Eiji:I just... I can't abandon them, Gale!
Gale:You fool! I'll bring you back alive for Julia's sake, but nothing says you have to be unharmed. Prepare yourself, Eiji!
Eiji:Gale, why?!

After that exchange, the secret is completed for this stage. Some stages have more then one secret, and they are often subtly hinted at through the plot and usually result in "non canon" activities that didn't happen in the show.

Bellzelute fires off O rifle A at the Dimage, hits, and nearly one shots it. Yep, we're doing fine on firepower. Baybull finishes the job, and being a plot important charecter, Karla escapes, rather then exploding.

Buldy hits the katanbo with shoulder cannon, contributing to whittling it down. Meanwhile, combattler attacks a braver, and finishes it.

Izumi finishes off the last braver, and Gai attacks Gale, with Gekigan shot.

Gai: I'm gonna return peace with my own two hands! As long as Gai Daigoji is here, the evil Gradosians'll never have their way! LET'S GO, GEKIGANGER!
Gale:Blasted Earthlings! You think you can beat me with raw power? Fools!

Many units will have special dialogue with notable enemy pilots. It's usually pretty good stuff. I'll be noting what I see during the playthrough. Gai is destroyed in the counterattack, and misses his attack, thereby resulting in our first loss of the game! Hooraaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy, wait

While Koji would be in range of gale after moving, he has a 52% chance to hit him, and no accuracy increasing spirits right now. this is the big drawback of super robots, and koji inparticular. As a result he just moves up towards the katanbo and doesn't take a shot at Gale. Akito attacks Gale, and...

Akito:Because of you... Because of you, Mars is...! Damn!
Gale: Hmph! Your moves are far too imprecise. This is as far as you go, it seems.

Akito hits gale, and while he had a 14% chance or so to be hit, still gets hit. He barely survives. RNG is upset at something I see. Ryoko follows Akito's lead, maybe she'll be more fortunate...

Ryoko:You're the real face of the Jovian Lizards?! You bastard!
Gale:We can't let anyone who sees us, return alive. You may be a woman, but I will show you no mercy!

She is ALSO HIT at a 34% chance, but causes him to retreat. by reducing his HP into the "danger zone", usually 10% or lower. I meant to get a set of screenshots for the "Final battle" but it can be hard to tell when he's going to run early or run after he loses all his HP. Oh well.

Gale:Looks like this is as far as I go. Eiji... I see how determined you are to follow your own path, but there will be no mercy next time. All units, retreat.

The remaining Katanbo and Gale fall back.

Eiji:Forgive me, Gale...
Ruri:Second wave, approaching.

[Rei intro]
Rei is the computer of the Layzner, Blue comet SPT Layzner obviously, and well that's about it.

Eiji:What?!

Several ships teleport in.

Thanks to you, I get to spend some quality time monkey hunting! Hyaahahaha!
Eiji:Lt. Gosterro?!
Gosterro:Earthlings are miserable insects with no place in the universe. First I'll destroy your ship, and then I'll kill every last one of you. ...Slowly. I'm gonna enjoy gutting you and ripping you to shreds! Hyaahahaha! Eiji, it's time for you to realize how pointless this all was!
Eiji:I only want to prevent a meaningless war!
Gosterro:Enough with the speeches! Don't lump me together with Gale, who gets all soft after just a few words! You're here, and you're going to DIE! Gyahahhah! I can hardly wait to see Julia's sobbing face when she finds out!

Yeah, gosterro's kind've a freak.

Second wave, as usual. I'll be hanging back and doing what repairing I can, besides, with all the cliffs around it's a pretty nice position anyway.

ENEMY PHASE

Everything moves closer to us. I'm gonna just fast forward to when they've made contact, as I'm not gonna be doing anything aside from minor positioning and repairing. SOOOOO...

One turn later, an AP gunner attacks combattler and gets one shotted in return with big blast. A batta attacks nadesico, and similarly, is one shotted. More enemies dive into the grinder! Have some screenshots I guess.

I mean really, they're not even doing much damage to combattler.

TURN SIX!

[missed this set of maps because they looked litterally exactly the same as the next map screen, and I thought I got a copy accidentally. Huh.]

A few units had already moved, I forgot I was getting a map shot. Most of them didn't move much, only ones that did anything much were the two northmost ones, David and Eiji.

Bellzelute fires at a distant skullgunner, and misses with a 90% chance to hit. I rush Eiji and David (Baybull) up to a nearby cliff and one shot two battas with knuckle shot. After that, I end turn.

ENEMY PHASE

A skullgunner flies up and is one shotted by combattler's EM Yoyo. Then a Katonbo flies up and does the sime, minus being one shotted.Batta attacks Nadesico, One shotted. Both Combattler pilots and nadesico pilots gained a level from this. Megumi got Break, which is an interesting skill that will be very useful later on. I'll explain it when what it breaks actually shows up. Another skullgunner suicides combattler. The second katanbo charges at him too, I have him defend since he's at about 1/3rd his max health at this point. Another batta kills himself on the Nadesico. Calvina one shots a skullgunner, levels up. Katia gains break too! I'll be. Buldy almost oneshots a skullgunner. I have blue earth finish off buldy's for him, and noal and aki level up for it! Noal finally gets focus, his first directly defensive skill.

So, in a turn, the entire enemy force litterally threw itself into combattler and exploded.

Again, this does get a bit rougher later on, and you'll just have to trust me on this, it'll get interesting here in a few missions, when bosses with special abilities and such show up. Really all gale had going for him was that he hit damn hard and dodged just as well. Eventually even grunts will be dodging and taking hits better, and then things will get more interesting. I pass the turn to repair more while gosterro and his two "Braver" buddies close the distance, as the aestivalises are still in bad shape.

ENEMY PHASE

Both katanbos attack the nadesico and get half their max HP chopped off in retaliation. Excellent.

TURN EIGHT!

Bellzelute attacks a katanbo with O Rifle A. Bellzelute is really pretty awesome for holding a defensive position, and what with all the reinforcements we'll be getting, and my poor defensive habits this'll likely come in handy.

Not quite a one shot, but it is a battleship, with a barrier to boot. I have mazinger Z rust hurricane the very same katanbo, lowering it's armor. Eiji And David take his lead and finish it off, and start work on the second katanbo. I then have Combattler V's pilot, Daisuke, use Guts, which restores all of a robot's health, then rush it with EM spin, finishing it. All that's left is Gosterro and his two buddies. More repairing occurs.

ENEMY PHASE

One of the bravers hits Layzner, and attacks with a lasered rifle.

Eiji counters and almost kills it. Again, your generic grunt is going to be closer to your "elite grunt" in just a few missions, and I feel that's about where it should be.

TURN NINE!

I MOVED AGAIN DAMNIT, Calvina moved up and attacked the weakened braver with shot launcher, since no one was in range of any O rifle attacks. The rest repaired, and I don't think they moved at all. Incidentally it's situations like this where the Aestivalis suffers. They can't leave the battleship for long if they don't want their damage to suffer, So in defensive battles they just kinda have to hang back and wait for enemies to come to them, which usually doesn't happen due to all the other robots. They have an artillery frame for exactly this reason, and while the range is nice, it's not nice enough to outrange the intercepting units very often. And equipping it makes them less effective at breaking into the terrain. Trade off, and all that.

Good for breaking into some nice terrain bonuses, but not so good otherwise.

ANYWAY, Eiji one shots the remaining Braver with his calf missles. Gosterro is all that's left.

ENEMY PHASE

Gosterro rushes up and attacks Eiji. He's got a 67% chance to hit eiji, so that's pretty worrysome. We have him evade. I feel if it hits, it might one shot eiji, so I definatly don't want that happening, as that'll end the mission.

Eiji:How dare you kill people for fun, Gosterro!
Gosterro:Ha! If it isn't the traitor's cub! You can play innocent all you want, but I'll still tear you limb from limb!

Luckily, he dodges. 30% is definatly in that range of "almost threatening, but not quite enough to be reliable", so those ironically are the situations you dislike the most. You can't really predict it, which is a key factor in a lot of these games.

TURN TEN!

Let's finish this up! Bellzelute attacks with O Rifle A, which should Kill him. And it does.

Calvina:Argh... THis one's strong, too!
Gosterro:Oooh, let's have some fun, girl! Heeeeeheeheehee!

She got a level from that combat, and got Snipe, which increases range of all weapons except ones with 1 range, by 2. Very nice for bellzelute. She also gets a level in support attack, which is of questionable usefulness.

Gosterro: What?! Dammit... You monkeys have more luck than you know what to do with! Don't worry, though... I'll return the favor twice over!
He escapes.

Ruri:Enemy units in surrounding area: zero.
Prospector:Well, well... It seems we've overstayed our welcome.
Elizabeth: Yes, but what choice do we have?
Minato: That was the Gradosian Army, huh...
Perhaps the least competant army I have EVER SEEN. at least 70% of the attacking force crashed into combattler and exploded.

Inez:You can bet they'll be back with reinforcements.
Fukube: Captain.
Yurika: Recover all units. Advance at maximum speed while deploying the Field.

So, Gai went down so we have to pay 4000 cash to repair his unit. Oh well.

Following this post, a brief note for future updates!

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2012, 09:36:30 pm »

Yeah, this took a lot longer then I thought it would, and I was just setting up the screenshots. :P

My distraction also ended up taking longer then I thought it would, and there's still a few days of it left this week, SO, no more updates for another... three days. Luckily after this week I'll be able to get back to doing this "full time", and I can continue. So, until then!

Sorry for the abruptness of this, but it did kind've swoop in on me. Nothing serious though, so don't worry about that.

While we're in this break, if you have any criticisms about my current update layout, (Too many pictures, not enough, too much yammering, not enough, etc) lemme know! I'll take them into account.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2012, 12:12:02 am »

Nice update!

Aside from the repair costs, what are the penalties for losing a unit?

I know in some games they take away all experience earned in mission, do they do that here?

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2012, 03:57:54 pm »

They do not! You just have to pay cash. Frankly with big O in later games reducing all repair costs to 0 if deployed, they've more or less phased out a penalty for a unit dying in the later games, unless you hate big O for some reason. Super robot wars is pretty easygoing for the most part.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2012, 06:57:09 pm »

Alrighty, LP continuing tomarrow (Presuming the weather doesn't sweep in and carry kansas away as it threatens to do every summer, it seems), sorry about the delay! I'm also gonna be trying something different for the battle segments also, so those may be taking an extra day or so (or perhaps not!), so keep that in mind.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2012, 04:36:26 pm »

Annnd, writing the update now. Presuming I do not get eaten by a tornado, It should be out any time now.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2012, 04:52:24 pm »

I dedicate this update to the vengeful wind spirits that even now are tearing unchecked through my state.

Just being in their presence makes me a little misty-eyed...

Noal: Damn, though! Who would've thought you kids could fight like that?
David:It was too hard for Eiji to protect us by himself so he taught us how to pilot SPTs.
Roanne: Right. Eiji captured 3 units, but he's only one man. We've done our best to help him by training ourselves in SPT combat.
Gai: Nice! You kids have some serious guts! And guts? Why, that's what TRUE passion's all about!
Festenia:Great job, guys! You were awesome out there!
Katia:Hmm? What's the matter, Calvina?
Calvina:Can I speak to you for a moment, Eiji Asuka?
Eiji:...What is it?
Calvina:You gave the enemy several chances to escape during your attacks. I understand how you feel about your former comrades, and I admire your skill in even being able to pull something like that off, but if you continue, you're only going to get yourself killed.
Eiji:I know, but please, allow me to explain...
Chizuru:So... Everyone who lived on Mars is now dead...
Aki:Yes... It's such a shame that things turned out this way. The worst part was that horrible situation Capt. Misumaru got thrown into...
Ryoko:Yeah, that's for sure.
Noal: Hey bridge. This is Noal. The Captain there?

Noal:Well, it's like... I was worried from the start about your dependability. Hell, it wouldn't be a stretch to say that I was a total jackass! So I mean, I wanted to apologize. You're one helluva Captain, and lemme tell you: what happened earlier wasn't your fault! Whatever you do, don't let it drag you down, okay?
Eyyy, Noal isn't so bad after all.

Yurika:Yeah... Thanks for your concern.
Noal:Geez, she's in a funk, all right. Hey, Akito, go cheer her up!
Akito: W-why me?!
Sayaka:Isn't it obvious? You're the only one here who can console the Captain.
Koji:Yeah, you saw how depressed she is. C'mon!
Ryoko:Just go talk to her already, Tenkawa!

Yurika:Akito... What did we come to Mars for? I'm sorry... So, so sorry. I couldn't help anyone...
Akito:Yurika... We were able to save David, Anna and the others. Ms. Inez, too. We also met up with Eiji and discovered the true identity of our enemy. Nothing we've done has been even close to a waste. We're doing the right thing.
Yurika:Thank you for saying that, Akito... THis is the first time you've shown me that wonderful, caring side of you since you boarded the Nadesico.
Akito:You dummy, I'm just... ...Hold on. THis isn't like you.
Yurika:Akito, you... love me, right?
Akito:W-What are you talking about?! This isn't the time for that!
Yurika:Will you tell me to keep going? Just like long ago, when you looked at me with those gentle eyes of yours and told me to keep going... If you tell me that now, I think I'll be able to hang in there for just a little longer...
Akito:(Just like... long ago? I don't remember saying that, Yurika. You need to stop twisting your memories just to suit yourself. ...Oh, whatever. Fine.) Yurika, keep on going. I'll help you as much as I can. Let's take the Nadesico back to earth and show the world what we can do! Please, Yurika... Hang in there!
D'aww.

END. We currently have....

A servo motor - Mobility +5, raises dodging ability. For reference your average mobility score is 100 or so, so 5 is a larger boost then you'd think. Still not terribly amazing. Is a part, so equips to robots.

A Chobham Armor - Adds 500 HP, and 100 armor. Average armor score is 1000. Also a part.

Annnd we have two modules, a defense +5 and an Evade +5. They equip to pilots and both do exactly what they say. +5 to defense and evade.

And on top of all this, 44270 credits to spend.

Annd I'll just go ahead and assign BP, because I keep forgetting about it, and really there's nothing too neat you can do with it aside from, like frumple said, work on strengths. For the next intermission I'll get us a nice chart of units that have upgrades, and how much.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MAKE YOUR DECISIONS! This will resume in two days. (Which is also conviniently when the severe weather around here will stop.)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 06:03:24 pm by Seriyu »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2012, 11:55:33 pm »

Can only barely remember what we have acess to at th'mo, so I'll throw in a "Do what we did last time" with a side order of "maybe a bit into the layzner (did I get the spelling right on that?), too." A bit being... whatever really. Except probably armor. Maybe a pip into weapons and mobility, if that doesn't cut too hard into funds for better units?

Anyway, remember that guy (E... something. Names, bah.) being pretty helpful throughout, so a little cash thrown 'is mech's way probably wouldn't hurt.

Item wise, just throw whatever where'er. The lower number stuff's never really been particularly noticeable t'me. I usually dump chobhams on whatever has the lowest HP (That I actually intend to launch, anyway.). Maybe the blue earth or whatev'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2012, 04:35:55 pm »

A pip into mobility and weapons is prolly fine, yep. First weapon upgrade, for a four weapon mech is only like,10k? Maybe it was 8k. Not terrible.

EDIT: Update may be later today, or tomarrow. In any case people have until the update comes out to keep voting.

No time for a full update actually, but I'll go ahead and update the robot roll call, as I've just realized I forgot that yesterday. Voting is still open, and the pre mission text will go up tomorrow.

Robot roll call is up! More wonderful animations.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 05:07:29 pm by Seriyu »

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2012, 04:21:21 pm »

Still can't believe someone can make a SRW game without this goddamn thing. Thankfuly they've fixed this in the latest games. I mean, they could've ditched mazinger instead :P

Still an enjoyable LP though.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2012, 05:06:55 pm »

Alrighty, gettin the update started! Voting closed.

And yeah, mazinger has been in, I'm pretty sure every single super robot wars game, seeing the plot get played out so often is kinda getting old. It could skip a game or two, as much as I like the design of it. :P

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2012, 07:23:43 pm »

Okay! A pip of EN into Nadesico, and a Pip of mobility into layzner.About 7000 cash spent in total, 37k left. Stuck the Evade +5 on Eiji, and the Defense +5 on Kouji. Servo motor on Layzner, Chobham Armor on Mazinger. Early on you really tend to just have one or two decent units. Not that Bellzelute isn't decent, quite the opposite, but if I use it right it should never be in range of the vast majority of enemies. Combattler V is also good, but tends to be made of paper, to the point where no amount of armor is going to save it from gettin kicked around a bit. Better to keep some repair units near it in my opinionx. Anyway.

Simone:We don't have a choice, Arthur. Everyone else is in shock, too, so stop whining.
Arthur:But just when I thought we were saved, we... Oh God, WHY?!
Geez, dude, chill. You do have several giant robots onboard. It could be worse.

Anna:...What are we going to do now?
David:It'll be all right, anna. Don't worry. As long as Eiji is with us, we'll be fine.
Anna:Yeah...
Prospector:If it's any consolation, we're not just waiting around.
Fukube:You have a plan then?
Prospector:We'll head to a Nergal reasearch institute at the North Pole. Confirming its condition was one of our goals, but we've been unable to check it out so far for obvious reasons. I believe heading there now will be the best chance we have to find spare parts for our engines.
Minato:But the North Pole is so far away...
Kouji:Not to mention that the Tulips and SPTs will be all over us. Can we really do it?
If Kouji's worried about it, you know it's serious. Maybe Arthur was right to be so worried. Hmm.

Elizabeth:Eiji, what do you think?
Eiji:The SPT force deployed on Mars is only an advance force, with clearing out the survivors as their primary mission. It should be impossible for a force that small to cover the entire planet, so I think we have a good chance. Still, the longer we wait around, the sooner their main force will arrive. We have to return to Earth before that happens!
Katia:No matter which path we take, we'll either meet with the enemy or be unable to escape the Martian Sphere. I think the time has come for a gamble.
Calvina:I want to get out of here, and this is the only real plan we've got. I'm for it.
Gai:Even you kids are rising up to answer our desperate plea! A daring and dangerous gamble to save us from death in the nick of time! Oh my GOD, it's just one BLAZING situation after the other!
Uribitake:Who're the "kids" in this situation, exactly?
Hyoma:All right, then. What are we going to do, Captain?
Yurika:Well, dying here is out of the question, so... Let's do it, everyone! Don't you agree, Admiral?
Fukube:Fine. I'll follow your lead, Captain.

David:You said it! We have to return to Earth with Eiji at all costs!
Simone:Yeah! There's no way we'll give up now!
Roanne: We've only been scraping by so far... From here on, we'll be taking our chances.
Aki:We also have to return to warn the Earth Sphere of the Gradosians' advance force.
Yurika:That's right! And it's all for the sake of the love between me and Akito!
Akito:Huh? What the heck are you talking about?!
Noal:Hey, Akito. I know that sometimes a guy just needs encouragement, but... ...Your lady's a little bonkers, isn't she?
Megumi: How tactless! Seriously though, Akito... Is the Captain telling the truth?!
Ryoko:Yeah, hey! Explain yourself, Tenkawa!
Akito:I-I didn't say anything!
Yurika:He doesn't need to say a word. His love for me is self-evident! That's why I'll do my best to protect the Nadesico... For the sake of our love!
Akito:Heyyyy, wait a minute!
Hikaru:I'm just wondering how far you two have already gone with this... Wink, wink!
Megumi:Ooh, I want to know, too! Akito, please! Tell us everything!
Ryoko:Tenkawa, you dog!
Incidentally, there are little bonuses in combat segments, one of them is a "love bonus", akito and yurika have one for each other, Ryoko has one for Akito, but Akito only has a "friend" bonus for Ryoko. So if you've been getting that vibe from Ryoko, you're dead on! I'll be going more in depth about those bonuses in the next combat segment.

Akito:I didn't do anything! ...And quit elbowing me in the ribs, Hikaru!
Sayaka:Seems like the Captain's back to being herself. That's a relief!
Hyoma:Yup! Small consolation at a time like this, but whatever.
Juzo:If you ask me, I think she may have regressed a little TOO much...
Jun:Oh, Yurika...
Chizuru:I don't think Capt. Misumaru is a bad person, but...
Kouji:...She isn't totally sane, either. An interesting girl, that's for sure.
Ruri:Nothing but idiots...
Anna: Huh? Ruri, did you say something?
Ruri:No one here seems to understand the severity of our situation.

I'd like to mention, Simone is a lady, in case the portrait is throwing you off.

Ruri:It's because I'm already an adult. You wouldn't understand.

Meanwhile, near the... vending machines? On a warship? Well whatever I guess.

Melua:Really? What makes you say that?
Noal:Seriously, kiddo. I figured something like this would happen from the start... I know this may seem short-sighted, but we were only able to rescue seven people in the end. That means we technically fulfilled our duty, but...
Calvina:Everything will be fine if we manage to get back to Earth. That's all we can do at the moment, anyway. It's just like Inez said... Nobody can become a hero here. (That's right... I've come to realize that for myself yet again. Just like that day I fought on Mars...)
Aki:Why are you on the Nadesico, Calvina?
Calvina:I had nothing better to do with my life, so I accepted the contract. Along the way I've ended up with these girls and Bellzelute in my protection. That's about it. Whether I live or die... *shrug*
Festenia:Oh, don't say that! You're gonna return to Earth with us, so just hang in there, Calvina! Please, you gotta help us protect Bellzelute!
Calvina:I've already told you. There's no guarantees. Besides, we're not exactly in an exceptionally positive situation right now.
Festenia:But-!
Noal:Give it a rest, sweetie. So... Aki, whaddaya say to you and me sneaking into a shelter all alone and becoming Mars' new Adam and Eve? Eh? Eh?
Aki:Noal, now isn't the time for jokes.
Katia:Besides, if you leave the Nadesico now, the gradosian anti-personnel weapons will get you for sure.
Noal:Hey, way to give a guy a cold shower... Sheesh! I can't even tell a joke 'round these parts!
Aki:Still, I'm sure we'll be all right. Capt. Misumaru was so upbeat...
Calvina:Despite her character problems, the girl is strong.
Noal:That doesn't sound a little negative to you? "Despite being crazy"...
Calvina:I'm confident it's not worth worrying about. There aren't many people out there who can control their emotions the way she can. I... I definatly can't, for example...

Off to the cafeteria.

Hyoma:What about my Martian Bowl, Akito?
Gai:Don't forget mine, too! The burning passion is building within me! ...Wait, no. Just hunger.
Festenia:Me too! Me too!
Katia:You want even MORE, Tenia?
Akito:All right, All right! Just hang on, okay?! I'm only one man!

Uhhh, kay.

Bunny Yurika:It's time for "The How and Why of the Nadesico"!
Koji:W-What the?!
Sayaka:Is... Is that Ruri and the Captain...?
Big sis Ruri:Do all of you know how the Nadesico moves?
Bunny Yurika:This rabbit here doesn't have the slightest idea! Hey, Sis! Tell me! How does it move?
Jun:Aww, they're adorable... ...No way! What the heck is THAT supposed to be?

Poor Eiji.

Inez:Go on, Eiji! You're doing great!
David:Eiji?! They roped him into this, too?!
Simone:Yow! Look at that, Anna! Eiji's so shy. Who knew he had a cute side?

In the communications room...

Noal:Looks like Ms. Fressange caused a real uproar with this little project of hers.
Prospector:It's a waste of precious energy. Considering our current circumstances, we should be saving it. Frugality is essential. If we make it through this, I'm cutting your little experiment from the operating budget!
Aki:Still, I never thought she'd be the type to put this kind of thing together...
You can say that again.

Bunny Yurika:Guys, please don't scold me! You should be defending my actions before the crew!
Noal:But... This is... Man, I don't even have the words.
Bunny Yurika:I-I... C-Can't you see how much work we put into this?!
Aki:...Well it's got some decent production values, I guess.
Bunny Yurika:...?!
Eiji:Heheheheh... Hahahaha! I can't stop laughing Eiji, the look on your face was precious! I mean, good grief! Who convinced you to get in THAT costume?! What if a Gradosian saw you wearing that?!
Costume not pictured.

Eiji:No, you don't understand. I... I said I wanted to help.
Bunny Yurika:Anyway, Prof. Fressange is the one responsible, so-
Inez:This isn't what I had in mind at all.
Big Sis Ruri: Idiot.
Bunny Yurika: Huh?
Inez:I simply wanted to answer a few questions the crew might have had about the Nadesico, and I asked for Eiji's cooperation to help explain a few facts about the Gradosians and SPTs.
Prospector:Is that so? ...I approve, but please try not to waste so much energy next time... I beg of you!
Inez:Despite the problems with the show, we managed to explain our current situation.
Hyoma:Wow, you were responsible for that mess? Not something I'd admit to, but hey...
Inez:Just so you know, I'm different from those... half-hearted people. Next time will be much better.
Koji:No need to tell us! We know. You're different, all right.
Sayaka:H-Hold on, Koji...
Inez:I lost my memories when I was but a little girl. I was discovered in the Martian desert, and knew not a soul... In the end, I almost lost my will to live. That's why I have no intention of returning to Mars, despite living most of my life here...
Chizuru:Oh, no... That's horrible Ms. Fressange!
Festenia:(... Maybe Calvina is the same way? What happened on the Moon musta drained her will to live... But then, what can I do to help her...?
Inez:But that doesn't mean I won't cooperate. Besides, you're Mr. Tenkawa's son, are you not? The one from Utopia Colony?
Akito: You knew him?
Inez: Yes. You're the reason I chose to board this ship.
Akito:... What do you mean? What does me being here have to do with you coming along?
Inez: Today's not the time to explain. Just remember. This ship is one of a great many mysteries...

Meanwhile, on the bridge.

Megumi: Looks like we made it to the North Pole in one piece! Minato, did you understand anything in that show we saw earlier?
Minato:Hmm... Not much! Still, it was a real surprise to find out the Nadesico was made from technology found right here on Mars! Ruri was adorable, too!
Ruri:...Idiot. ...Captain, we've picked up a Federation ship's ID code. Confirmed. It's the escort vessel, Crocus.
Remember that? Check the second battle update if you don't! It got sucked into a Tulip before the battle started.

Yurika:The Crocus...? I remember hearing that name before, but... ...Jun, what's the matter?
Jun:Come on, Yurika. That was the same ship that got sucked into a Tulip just before we left the Earth Sphere, wasn't it?!
Megumi:But then... What's it doing here on Mars?
Inez:Allow me to explain. As I said before, the Tulip acts as a wormhole. Think of it as a kind of gate. No surprise that a ship swallowed by a Tulip on Earth would turn up here on Mars.
Roanne:Interesting. Perhaps we'll find something useful? Let's send a team to investigate.
Prospector: We can't permit that. We have an objective to complete. Besides, if the nearby Tulip sends anything at us...
Yurika:But we have to look for survivors!
Fukube:Wait, Captain. Mr. Prospector, you make several good points, but I have the final say. Let's search the Crocus. Is it all right if the Blue Earth leads the charge?
Noal:I'm fine with the investigation part. Leave me out of the rest, though...
Akito:.....
Yurika:Akito, hurry!
Akito:...Admiral, there's something I have to ask you. It concerns the Supreme Commander of the first Martian engagement all those years ago...
Yurika:What's wrong, Akito? Everybody knows it was Adm. Fukube here!
Akito:Yes, I know. He was the great hero who shot down the Tulip. But, at the same time... Thanks to him, the Tulip fell and wiped out an entire colony! Thanks to this bastard, my hometown was reduced to rubble!

Inside the Crocus...
Noal: Wow! Just look at this place!
Inez:Indeed. It's as if the Crocus was frozen solid before its disappearance from the Earth Sphere. I don't think we'll find any survivors...
Aki:Still... I wonder what happened?
Akito:...Why the hell did you have to take me along?!
Fukube:I believe it is to make amends for trying to assault me, Mr. Tenkawa.
Megumi:Not good! We've confirmed an approaching enemy armada! SPT's are being deployed from the upper atmosphere... It's only going to get worse from here, so please return as soon as you can!
Akito: Dammit, why did you make us come out here?!
Noal:We don't have time for this. Let's hurry back to the Blue Earth!
Fukube: Feel free. I'll be staying behind.
Aki:Admiral, what are you planning to do?
Fukube: If I can manage to start up the Crocus, our firepower will increase exponentially.
Aki: But that's too dangerous!
Fukube: I've already made up my mind. Hurry!
Koji:They came, did they? Gradosian bastards!
Gai:Far as I can tell, this is something of a serious problem for us! With my blazing fury, and undying friendship, however, we shall overcome it with ease!
Calvina: Katia, prepare to scramble.
Katia: We're ready on this end. Melua will head out with you.
Calvina: Are you all right with that, Melua?
Melua:Yes. Start-up complete. We can go as soon as you're ready!
Calvina: That's not what I'm talking about. I'm asking about YOU. This could turn into a serious battle. You sure you're okay with that?
Melua: Yes. I'll do my best!
Calvina: ...All right then. All units, launch!

There we are. The next update will be out.... two days from now. I have something to do tomorrow, and I kinda wanted to try something different for the upcoming battle update anyway.

This next one is the last "prologue" stage, in my opinion. The plot is gonna kick up after this mission!

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2012, 05:36:51 pm »

OKAY! So it ends up the thing I was doing today may have been relocated to tomarrow. So I have a question for all of you.

I was intending to do half the update one day, and finish it the next day, because I felt that my commentary kinda lags near the end of it, and that may be due to fatigue more then the game's fault, so I was trying to seperate it a bit and see if that helps. SO.

Would you prefer to wait until friday maybe for an update, or would you like me to post the first half of the update when I get done with it, then post the second half when I get done with that, be it on friday or thursday?

I'll need an opinion by the end of the day, so.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20