- Generate a world through "design new world with advanced parameters" for proper experience (replicants, cybermancers, infected etc).
- NEVER mix different ranged weapon types in one squad, the people will be confused and pick wrong ammo. Assign proper ammo through the "m"ilitary screen, "f" key.
- Embark with "Mr. Gutsy" for early protection. Robots are tough and some have mounted plasma guns. Protectrons are even better. Put a pasture at your gate with some robots.
- Start by building scrapyards and scavenging Scrap piles (which replace most trees) and crushing rocks.
- Aboveground scrap piles (grow like trees) are a good source of different goodies, including pre-war crates and scrap metal.
- Find precious pre-war tech crates using scrapyard reactions and open them in "inventor's bench" workshop.
- Pre-war military crates may be a source of early guns and ammo, use it wisely.
- Get holodiscs/fuel rods from pre-war crates (low chance). Unlock new buildings in "Inventor's Bench".
- Remember that Scrap metal is your main source of metals, so surface scavenging nets a lot of metal.
- Normal trees are less frequent now, so if you have many scrap piles, keep some wooden logs in a separate stockpile/burrow to use them for sawmill/rifles.
- Sawmill can be very useful together with the new smelter reaction (5 wooden blocks into coal), because it gives you much more coal from trees. Useful for aboveground smelting/forging.
- Avoid bad weather. Rains and dust clouds can hurt your fort pretty well.
- Keep an internal water storage. Poisons and bad rains can contaminate outside water supplies (unless you have a running river).
- A few people with rifles (you can get some early from military crates) are the best early defense. Some animals are too tough in melee.
- Most of cave plants are unedible raw, so while cave fungi are great for making tea, bring some beets for eating.
- Milling wheat/albino wheat into flour and baking bread in the kitchen is a good source of food.
Civilizations and items:
- Vault dwellers
- Master's army (supermutants)
There are crossbows, pump-action guns and rifles. Crossbows are bad vs armor. From the start you can make crossbows only. Pump-action guns shoot pellets which are weaker than bullets but do not require gunpowder to make. To get pump-action guns, rifles and ammo, you have to research gunsmith's forge blueprints.=====================================================================
leather iron armor steel armor=====================================================================
Crossbow/iron bolt deadly bounces off bounces off
Pumpgun/iron pellet deadly bruises bounces off
Rifle/iron bullet deadly deadly deadly
Geology and resources:
* New main source of income: scavenging. Scrap piles replace most trees, use trappers in scrapyard to scavenge after you "cut" them down with your woodcutters.
* Dug rocks can be crushed in scrapyards for less profit than from scrap piles.
* Scrap metal can be smelted into different metals, but there's a chance that you will get nothing.
* New soil types: raised mire, swamp peat, blanket mire.
* New fuel type "compact peat", appears in new soils.
* New mineral "goethite" (bog iron), 50% to get an iron from it, appears in new soils.
* New gold/copper alloy, "orichalcum", an iron-grade metal.
* Just one type of pewter.
* Vanilla gems are replaced with a few types of gem, junk, nails, wiring and computer parts. Cut gems/junk are called "polished ...". No more "wiring cabochons".
Curses and secrets:
* Vampires are replaced by replicant, synthetic humans which require real blood dozes to function.
* Werewolves are replaced by infected who can turn other into infected through a bite.
* Mummies and necromancers are replaced by reanimated cyborgs and cybermancers who can shoot cranial guns and use nanites to reanimate husks.
* There are radioactive rain and radioactive dust clouds in savage areas; also there are dust storms everywhere.
Worldgen options suited for the theme of the mod, including the "real world" worldgen.Note that if you play the "Create new world!" world, you will most likely miss all cyborgs, cybermancers, radioactive rains, radioactive clouds etc. because they will be replaced by vanilla stuff. Play through the "Design new world with advanced parameters" option, all worldgen settings are already adjusted there.
Prospect rocks and scrap piles for crates, open them for ammo, drugs, medical equipment, scrap, fuel rods and holodiscs.
Use holodisks from "pre-war tech crates" in "Inventor's Bench" workshop to get blueprints.
- Research biofuel -> biofuel refinery blueprints.
- Research chemistry -> chemistry lab blueprints.
- Research electrical furnaces -> arc furnace blueprints.
- Research firearms -> gunsmith's forge blueprints.
- Research furniture crafting -> furniture workshop blueprints.
- Research power sources -> generator blueprints.
- Research sawmill -> sawmill blueprints.
- Research virus manipulation -> virology lab blueprints.
- Research waste disposal -> sewage plant blueprints.
- Arc Furnace (requires blueprints and a fuel rod)
- Biofuel Refinery (requires blueprints)
- Chemical Lab (requires blueprints)
- Computer Terminal
- Display Case
- Furniture Workshop (requires blueprints)
- Generator (requires blueprints and a fuel rod)
- Gunsmith's Forge (requires blueprints)
- Inventor's Bench
- Overseer's Chair
- Scrapyard (IMPORTANT! Build it!)
- Sawmill (requires blueprints)
- Sewage Plant (requires blueprints)
- Tinker's workbench
- Virology lab (requires blueprints)New reactions:
Flux can be replaced with green glass in steel making.
A variety of games to play (and raise some skills). Requires a charged cell to operate (the cell is not consumed).
Most smelter reactions without fuel usage (like a magma smelter on a surface).
*Processes alcohol, oil, vermins and wood blocks into fuel.*
Make gunpowder [Alchemy]: brimstone + saltpeter + ash bar = gunpowder block
Make buffout [Alchemy]: mutfruit + broc flower.
Make jet [Alchemy]: mutfruit + xander root.
Make med-x [Alchemy]: broc flower + xander root.
Make mentats [Alchemy]: mutfruit + hemp.
Make turbo [Alchemy]: jet + mentats.
A variety of non-combat skills for training. Requires a charged cell to operate (the cell is not consumed).
Make bedroom set [Carpentry]: 6 wooden blocks into a bed, a coffer and a cabinet. Profitable if using a sawmill.
Make dining set [Carpentry]: 4 wooden blocks into a chair and a table. Profitable if using a sawmill.
Make green/clear/crystal glass box [Gemcutting]:
Make green/clear/crystal glass cabinet [Gemcutting]:
Make green/clear/crystal glass slab [Gemcutting]:
Make plank bed [Carpentry]: 2 wooden blocks into a bed.
Make plank cabinet [Carpentry]: 2 wooden blocks into a cabinet.
Make plank chair [Carpentry]: 2 wooden blocks into a chair.
Make plank coffer [Carpentry]: 2 wooden blocks into a coffer.
Make plank table [Carpentry]: 2 wooden blocks into a table.
Make iron bed [Metalcrafting]: A metal bed from 1 bar using a coal.
Charge power cell [Mechanics]: takes a depleted cell, returns a charged cell.
Make metal ammo [Weaponsmith]: 2 metal bar + 1 gunpowder block = 3x50 metal ammo
Make pump-action gun [Weaponsmith]: 1 metal bar + fuel = 1 pump-action gun
Make rifle [Weaponsmith]: 1 metal bar + 1 wooden block + fuel = 1 rifle
Open pre-war tech crate [Alchemy]: destroy 1 pre-war tech crate to scrap metal, holodiscs and fuel rods (low chance). Gives 1 aluminum coffer.
Open medical crate [Alchemy]: destroy 1 medical crate to get med-x and crutches (low chance). Gives 1 aluminum coffer.
Open military crate [Alchemy]: destroy 1 military crate to get rifles and ammo (low chance). Gives 1 aluminum coffer.
Research biofuels [Alchemy]: destroy 1 holodisc to get 1 biofuel refinery blueprints.
Research chemistry [Alchemy]: destroy 1 holodisc to get 1 chemistry lab blueprints.
Research electrofurnaces [Alchemy]: destroy 1 holodisc to get 1 arc furnace blueprints.
Research firearms [Alchemy]: destroy 1 holodisc to get 1 arc gunsmith's forge blueprints.
Research furniture crafting [Alchemy]: destroy 1 holodisc to get 1 furniture workshop blueprints.
Research sawmill [Alchemy]: destroy 1 holodisc to get 1 sawmill blueprints.
Research virus manipulation [Alchemy]: destroy 1 holodisc to get 1 virology lab blueprints.
Research waste disposal [Alchemy]: destroy 1 holodisc to get 1 sewage plant blueprints.
Bake bread [Cooking]: cook a bag of flour into a few breads.
Make candy [Cooking]: cook a bag of sugar into a few candies.
Melt scrap glass [Furnace operating]: melt scrap glass (gems) into green glass.
Cremate bodyparts [Furnace operating]: burn 2 unusable bodyparts for 1 ash and a chance to get fat.
Cremate remains [Furnace operating]: burn 1 vermin remains for a chance to get ash.
Coke from compact peat [Furnace operating]: Use 1 coal to burn 1 compact peat boulder into 2 coal and 50% chance for another coal piece.
Saw log into blocks [Woodcutting]: 1 log into 5 wooden blocks using coal. Useful in conjunction with furniture workshop and with "5 blocks + coal = 5 coal" smelter reaction.
Wood to coal [Wood burning]: burns a wooden log for 1 fuel, does not waste scrap piles.
Wooden blocks to coal(5) [Wood burning]: burn 5 blocks and 1 fuel for 5 fuel, profitable with a sawmill.
Scavenge scrap [Trapping]: destroy a scrap pile "log" for a medium-chance results, including scrap metal, green glass, gunpowder and crates with loot.
Prospect rocks (10) [Trapping]: destroy 10 non-economic rocks for low-chance results, including scrap metal, blocks of destroyed rocks, green glass, ores, gunpowder and crates with loot.
Cremate bodyparts(10) [Trapping]: burn 10 unusable bodyparts for 10 ash bars and some fat.
Cremate vermin(10) [Trapping]: burn 10 vermin remains for 10 ash bars.
Burn bed for fuel [Wood burning]: burn 1 wooden bed for 1 coal.
Burn cabinet for fuel [Wood burning]: burn 1 wooden cabinet for 1 coal.
Burn chair for fuel [Wood burning]: burn 1 wooden chair for 1 coal.
Burn coffer for fuel [Wood burning]: burn 1 wooden coffer for 1 coal.
Burn table for fuel [Wood burning]: burn 1 wooden table for 1 coal.
Empty bucket [Pump operating]: empty an unusable bucket filled with water.
*Processes waste into food.*
Produce tanned leather [Tanning]: takes polished nails (cut) and common leather and produces a studded leather.
Disassemble broken robot [Gemcutting]: Destroys "robot parts" and has a chance to give various components and scrap metal.
Uncut gem/junk [Gemcutting]: makes a cut gem rough again (for strange moods).
Make computer parts [Gemcutting]: crafts computer parts from wiring and green glass (not 100% chance).
Make copper wiring [Gemcutting]: crafts 3 rough "wiring" (gems) from 1 copper bar.
Make energy cell [Gemcutting]: crafts a depleted power cell from a cut wiring (gem).
Make iron nails [Gemcutting]: crafts 3 rough "nails" (gems) from 1 iron bar.
Craft assault rifle [Gemcutting]: crafts an assault rifle from a rifle and a bayonet.
Craft chainsaw [Gemcutting]: crafts a chainsaw from a hacksaw, a mechanism and a charged cell.
Craft chainsword [Gemcutting]: crafts a chainsword from a machete, a mechanism and a charged cell.
Craft bronze powerfist [Gemcutting]: crafts a bronze powerfist from a bronze bar and a charged cell.
Craft iron powerfist [Gemcutting]: crafts an iron powerfist from an iron bar and a charged cell.
Craft steel powerfist [Gemcutting]: crafts a steel powerfist from a steel bar and a charged cell.
Craft power armor [Gemcutting]: crafts a reinforced power armor from 5 iron bars, a charged cell and a mechanism.
Craft power armor MKII [Gemcutting]: crafts a plasteel advanced PA from 5 steel bars, a charged cell and a mechanism.
Craft ripper [Gemcutting]: crafts a ripper from a knife, a cut wiring (gem) and a mechanism.
*Opens unknown virus containers found in medical crates and can spread and destroy resulted virus cultures.*Adventure mode crafting reactions
** Raven + giant raven
** Dire wolf
** Feral dog
** Gray wolf
** Yao guai
** Lost soul
** Evolved centaur
** Armadillo/giant armadillo
** Feral ghoul
** Glowing one
** bark scorpion
** creeper/cave creeper
** radscorpion/large radscorpion
** sand antlion
** Gargantuan Pteradon
** Crab/giant crab
** Frill shark
** Manta ray
** Nautilus/giant nautilus
** Octopus/giant octopus
** deep one
** Leng spider
** Desert tortoise
** Fire gecko
** Golden gecko
** Man-eater alligator
** mr. Gutsy
** mr. Handy
** mr. Sturdy
** Giant rat
** Large rat
** Giant deathclaw
** Huge abomination
** Black mamba
** Banana Yucca: edible raw/cooked.
** Barrel cactus fruit: edible raw/cooked, extract is a jam.
** Broc Flower: brewable (tea), edible cooked, millable into beige dye, extract is a syrup.
** Cabbage: leaves (edible raw/cooked).
** Cola Plant: brewable (cola), millable into purple dye.
** Cotton: produces thread, seeds can be pressed into oil (can be turned into soap).
** Dandelion: brewable, edible cooked, millable into yellow dye.
** Hemp: brewable, edible cooked, milled into flour, flour can be cooked into pancakes in kitchen, seeds can be pressed into oil.
** Maize: brewable, edible raw/cooked, milled into flour, flour can be cooked into bread, seeds can be pressed into oil (can be turned to soap).
** Mutfruit: brewable, edible raw/cooked, extract is a jam, millable into green dye.
** Prickly Pear Fruit: edible raw/cooked, extract is a jam.
** Punga Fruit: brewable, edible raw/cooked, extract is a jam, millable into blue dye.
** Radcurrant Berry: brewable, edible raw/cooked, extract is a jam, millable into red dye.
** Sliver Barb: brewable, millable into brown dye.
** Sugarcane: brewable, millable into sugar, sugar can be cooked into candy, extract is a syrup.
** Tumbleweed: brewable, millable into ochre dye.
** Wheat: brewable, edible cooked, milled into flour, flour can be cooked into bread
** Xander Root: brewable, edible cooked, mill is a powder.
** Yam: brewable, edible cooked, extract is a starch.
** Albino Wheat: brewable, edible cooked, millable into flour (in bag), flour can be baked into bread in kitchen.
** Beet: Edible raw/cooked, milled into sugar, sugar can be cooked into candies in kitchen, extract is a sweet syrup (edible cooked).
** Blackmane Mushroom: brewable, millable into black dye.
** Bloodblain Mushroom: brewable, millable into red dye.
** Cave Fungus: brewable (tea), edible cooked, extract is a mushroom soup (edible cooked).
** Lettuce: leaves (edible raw/cooked).
** Soybean: brewable (soy milk),edible cooked,millable into flour (in bag),flour can be baked into bread,extract is a soy cheese,seeds can be pressed into oil(can be turned to soap).
** Starspawn Mushroom: brewable, millable into azure dye, extract is a syrup (edible cooked).
** Synth-Reed: brewable, produces thread.