Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod (Gauging interest)  (Read 18890 times)

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
Re: Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod (Gauging interest)
« Reply #150 on: December 08, 2012, 02:51:34 am »

Trees should be large flowers, old scrap and other oversized items.

Large plants could give a softer, lighter type of wood while metal items (such as soda cans) could give heavier and more resilient wood.
In gameplay terms you would get wood similar to feather wood and glumprongs in all sorts of biomes.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #151 on: December 09, 2012, 11:20:32 pm »

Goolix, Ranging Bloyster, and Burrowing Snargret (minus the burrowing interaction part) are all done and working as megabeasts.

I ran the first field test today and ran into some problems with the entity that took me a while to figure out. It's playable(ish) now though.

Things left to do before the release of the Pik-Pik Fortress Alpha:

- Make weapons and armor that i think would fit well into the pikmin series (if your're looking for adamantite quality weapondry, pikmin won't have it)
- Make clothing for the pikmin
- Make sources for cloth
- Couple more megabeasts and semimegabeasts
- Set some spheres for pik-pik religion and set up some correlating spheres on megabeasts
- Fix my issues with plants (It wont run without at least one of the old crops for some reason)
- Fix issue where headless pikmin still run around doing work. HA! Fixed it. That one was really bothering me.
- Put in trees and other flavor plants
- Try to set it up so pikmin civilizations war against each other for more legends flavor, as well as more skilled pikmin.
- Edit the way pikmin society is set up in the entity
- Couple interactions, like for the burrowing Snagret
- Remove all vanilla animals
- Remove the rest of vanilla plants

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head. That's a good sized list of things for me to work on, but most of them wont take too long to get done. After that's done I'll make a new thread and post the alpha on DFFD.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 10, 2012, 02:49:23 pm »

Yaaaay. I can't wait! Will you link to the new thread? I'm not a good looker, so it would be nice to have a link here instead?
"A giant cave bat, a giant cave swallow, and a troll wander into my fort's cagetraps..."

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 10, 2012, 04:49:38 pm »

Yeah i can do that.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 11, 2012, 09:59:28 pm »

Working on entity files now.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 10:21:27 pm by Spiderking50 »

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 12, 2012, 03:11:43 pm »

So, from the list, everything before the entity task is done?
"A giant cave bat, a giant cave swallow, and a troll wander into my fort's cagetraps..."

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 12, 2012, 07:46:45 pm »

Heres where I am:

Things left to do before the release of the Pik-Pik Fortress Alpha:

- Make weapons and armor that i think would fit well into the pikmin series
This is almost done, I have just changed which weapons I had accessible for now. Version 1 will use dwarf fortress weapons and armor, but not the same as dwarfs.

- Make clothing for the pikmin
Just going to use DF clothing, but not the same as dwarves.

- Make sources for cloth
Hairy bulborbs will be tameable and will have a sheer-able hair layer.  May add plant based cloth method too.

- Couple more megabeasts and semimegabeasts
Emperor and Empress Bulblax will probably go in as two castes of the same species. Aside from them I'm not sure who else will be easy enough for this release.

- Set some spheres for pik-pik religion and set up some correlating spheres on megabeasts
Spheres are set up, but not attached to megabeasts yet.

- Fix my issues with plants (It wont run without at least one of the old crops for some reason)
Still haven't fixed  :(

- Put in trees and other flavor plants
Not yet.

- Try to set it up so pikmin civilizations war against each other for more legends flavor, as well as more skilled pikmin.
May just copy pikmin raws (with a new raw name of course) and give them conflicting ethics as to cause war.

- Edit the way pikmin society is set up in the entity
DONE. I mostly just changed around the site specific langhold positions and the appointed positions, but they're mostly just flavor changes. Except i consolidated broker, bookkeeper, and manager into one position that you can appoint three people to. Its just much easier that way.

- Couple interactions, like for the burrowing Snagret
Not yet.

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 13, 2012, 02:46:04 pm »

Ohh, its soo close. I can TASTE it. (Do not add the ability to eat pikmin  :P).

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 20, 2012, 08:52:03 pm »

Sooo? News! We want Mews!

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 05, 2013, 05:31:26 pm »

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 05, 2013, 08:08:11 pm »

Anyone interesting in contributing and improving the mod is welcome and encouraged to do so. Like really guys, anyone who wants to put something in can do it  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]