Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 62

Author Topic: (Old Post-Apocalypse thread).  (Read 214134 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

My previous test fortress was overrun by supermutants, and I thought about weakening supermutants... Now I think that I will keep supermutants as strong as they are and allow you to buy these guys for nice money for fortress defense.

Here's a log from arena, I am a supermutant in full combat armor:

« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 01:20:53 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I've got a bit more free time while I was at work, so here's the 0.4.

- Separated robots into different creatures, adjusted their biomes and frequency.
- Some robots now have a plasma gun (mr. Gutsy, securitron).
- Added vocalizations to robots. Quotes from Fallout games.
- Eyebots have a very high observation skill, they should spot hiding enemies quickly.
- Removed some unsuitable fantasy subterranean creatures and a few other vanilla creatures.
- Added new creatures: chthonian, Leng spider, gargantuan pteradon, mudman.
- Silver is no longer used for weapons (still usable for bullets though).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I think I forgot one thing: a reaction to turn compact peat into fuel. Other than that, I forgot to add that I've added Goethite (bog iron) and different swamp soils. It's a minor issue with the compact peat, you wouldn't even notice it if I didn't mention.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile

Here's a nicer way to do that warning message thing than with SOUND tokens, adapted from something that Igfig showed me.

Spoiler: spoilered for length (click to show/hide)

Also, have you added any weird plants to the good biomes? Now that aligned plants and ingested syndromes work, there should be some opportunities for fun.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile

Alright, I've separated robots in different creatures (sorry JediaKyrol if you wanted to keep them as a creature able to reproduce itself, with "mobile factory" etc, but I have a different vision).

No hard feelings...whatever fits your design is best.  Also, your way allows for different models of each robot with different equipment without making one big cluttered mess...like I had.

Oh man...I had just sent you weaponized robots...and you had already done it yourself.  I'll try and get some cyberdogs ready for you soon though...Hey, Idea!  Repurposing the mobile factory as a "rogue Auto-doc" that wanders around with a modified necromancer spell that converts dogs into cyberdogs and wastelanders into lobotomites!  I'll try that now.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 03:15:45 pm by JediaKyrol »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

I guess I gotta give this mod a try.

*rolls adventurer*
finds lair, tries to enter it from travel map, crash.
"Duplicate Object: inorganic PEAT
Duplicate Object: creature synthcrab"

*looks at ghouls' child-production*... hmm a typo in their year 1 size.
Not much wildlife coming to bother adv as he treks across the waste... guess bogeymen are disabled, as is proper.

Here's the save with the bad lair: it was one of the top four civs, and ask for a pile of quests, then head west-west. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8967397/badlair_region1.rar
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 04:27:15 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile

Alright, I've separated robots in different creatures (sorry JediaKyrol if you wanted to keep them as a creature able to reproduce itself, with "mobile factory" etc, but I have a different vision).

No hard feelings...whatever fits your design is best.  Also, your way allows for different models of each robot with different equipment without making one big cluttered mess...like I had.

Oh man...I had just sent you weaponized robots...and you had already done it yourself.  I'll try and get some cyberdogs ready for you soon though...Hey, Idea!  Repurposing the mobile factory as a "rogue Auto-doc" that wanders around with a modified necromancer spell that converts dogs into cyberdogs and wastelanders into lobotomites!  I'll try that now.

Hmm, might want to add a stunning thingi for it to use. You know, on the "patiants". :P
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I think that making a lobotomite/cyberdog is a lenthy process, so a creature turning somone into one instantly is a bit strange.

But I definitely want to make a megabeast "rogue autodoc" which grabs closest creatures and turns them into man-machine hybrids... Something like turning creatures into husks in Mass Effect, just less advanced.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I guess I gotta give this mod a try.

*rolls adventurer*
Probably some semimegabeast problem, do you have that world? If you do, send it to me so I could check who lives in that lair... Or could you maybe check it through legends or legend viewer?

P.S. God damn it, PEAT. I will release a fix soon, could you please check that lair?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.07] ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ Alpha (v.0.5) - Quickfix
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2012, 04:18:05 pm »

Version 0.5

- Fixes for duplicate errors (thank you Tomitapio, that's what happens when I do last second adjustments before uploading the new version).
- New kiln reactions, read below.
- You can turn compact peat (new stone type, appears in swamp/peat soil) into coke.
- You can cremate bodyparts and vermin remains in kiln.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2012, 04:28:26 pm »

*rolls adventurer*
*looks at ghouls' child-production*... hmm a typo in their year 1 size.
Not much wildlife coming to bother adv as he treks across the waste... guess bogeymen are disabled, as is proper.

Here's the save with the bad lair: it was one of the top four civs, and ask for a pile of quests, then head west-west. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8967397/badlair_region1.rar
Well you have only two semimega here in the raws.
Deathclaws should be faster than a human.
How about ghouls having kids very slowly, like 50 years till sexual maturity instead of 12.
Not sure about the [BODYGLOSS:PAW:CLAW_HAND], is PAW the correct bodypart term? I think deathclaws have feet, not paws.

Also I'd change many of the PET tags to PET_EXOTIC as that DM issue has been resolved.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EditN: robot creature sizes.. [BODY_SIZE:0:35000] I'd prefer 0:0:35000, stick to the known format. Every creature in the robots txt.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 04:46:58 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2012, 04:51:12 pm »

Yep, I will change that body_size format for sure, thank you.

I think that crash in a lair could come either from these body sizes or duplicate raws which I fixed, but I will test it.

About ghouls: I don't want adventurers to see almost any ghoul children (they don't procreate normally), so I've decided to give them short maturation period to avoid many children. And I want to have more ghouls than wastelanders. Although it may be not a very good solution.

P.S. Wastelanders don't live in hostile radiated environments, they live in more or less recovered biomes, and 378 dogs for 1500 people seems fine. Almost everyone wants a dog :). Robobrains are too much, I will work on that.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 04:55:46 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.07] ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ Alpha (v.0.6) - Quickfix
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2012, 06:39:39 pm »

ver. 0.6

- Fixed size declaration for robots.
- Megabeasts got NOPAIN.
- Added a furniture workshop.
- A reaction to make iron beds (furniture workshop).
- Reactions to turn wooden beds/coffers/cabinets back into logs (furniture workshop).
- A reaction to empty those unusable buckets filled with water laying around (furniture workshop).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.07] ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ Alpha (v.0.6) - Quickfix
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2012, 08:07:40 pm »

so yeah...a securitron's plasma bolt...if it happens to miss and land on the edge of the map...doesn't evaporate.  Had five of them sitting there, then some genius decided to "clean" it.  Did I mention that stuff is really...really hot?  Hilarity ensued.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 62