Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62]

Author Topic: (Old Post-Apocalypse thread).  (Read 213333 times)

stormcry0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.11] ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ (v.1.7)
« Reply #915 on: February 05, 2013, 12:25:06 pm »

I don't plan to name them necromorphs, they will just have similar mechanics: the revived bodies will have claws, spikes and other appendages they can use to get new friends.

I will look up radioactivists, thank you. Sadly I missed Gamma World but I heard a lot of good words about it.

For vampires you can always blame people like "the family"(http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_Family) and for necromancers/zombies FEV and the human "monks" are your friends (http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Children_of_the_Cathedral)... Oh! And what about this fellas for something else? -> http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Beastlords

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: February 05, 2013, 02:06:14 pm »

thinking about the beastlords...actually...it would be nice to have some psychic powers.  That's another popular post apocalypse idea.
I mean...just in Fallout we had a telepath, a psychokinetic, and a pyrokinetic.  Not sure how to handle the first two in DF, but the last is easy.  A caste/race with a insane boost in animal taming would be like the beastlords animal telepathy.  Maybe even a "controller" caste that influences the moods of people around them, making them happy/depressed no matter what.

And I thought about it...having the drug packets give an interaction to "take a dose of -x-" would make them work a lot better in combat than giving them insanely long durations.  So that's a great idea.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: February 05, 2013, 02:48:28 pm »

I never said anything about long durations for drugs.

I thought it would look like that. A citizen "eats" a drug. "Urist McDweller opens a psycho wrapping".
And then in combat:
"Urist McDweller employs psycho wrapping".
"Kob McAnotherDweller takes psycho".

Some important people here (like PTTG??) disliked the idea but I think I will roll with it, it's most useful for fort mode. Adventure mode drugs will stay the same.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: February 05, 2013, 06:22:31 pm »

I never said anything about long durations for drugs.

I know, someone else said that a while ago.

jonveck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: February 05, 2013, 07:01:09 pm »

Re: Necromorphs/Cult of Death in flavor, rather than name...

Ah! My mistake, good to hear.  Anyway, regarding megabeasts, are Shoggoths and other Lovecraftian horrors already set up to be included?  This might also be an area in which Gamma World might help as it has loads of beasties that would fit the bill, with the one significant drawback being that they could be a little esoteric (although a fantastic Easter egg for people familiar with the setting).

I have not tried the Ponies Apocalypse mod, but I got the impression it had miniguns with integral ammunition which sounds like an interesting concept and that you may/would be incorporating elements of that mod into yours.  Oh, and I dunno if these are something you already have planned, but I really like the Sawmill in Masterwork that allows logs to be sawn into 2 logs of lesser quality, and the Brick Oven that permits effectively changing stone into bricks of a different color.  And, if I were to mention everything on my wish list, I really like the idea of premium drinks:  whether upgrading drinks already brewed (changing wine into brandy, for instance), or incorporating additional reagents to produce drinks that give additional benefits or are simply higher quality and give happier thoughts.  And, another, would be additional optional hostile factions for those of us players who like a little more conflict -- it wouldn't even be a problem if they shared current graphic assets (e.g. like a different faction of raiders).

Finally, do you have an ETA in mind for the next release?  I might actually give the Pony mod a try (although the Pony aspect turns me off a bit) in the meantime, for ideas and whatnot.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: February 05, 2013, 07:10:07 pm »

Has anyone ever considered F Paul Wilson as a reference? He has plenty of mega and semi megabeasts usable. He wrote the novel, night world, Post apocalypse, like if you took love craft, heavily toned down the meddling and gave it a modern day flavor.

He has these things called rakoshi as well as some other monsters. Here let me drop some links.

http://youdontknowjack.iwarp.com/custom2.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightworld_(novel)
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.11] ☢ Fallout Mod ☢ (v.1.0)
« Reply #921 on: February 05, 2013, 09:56:47 pm »

Fallout mod 1.0

Changelog from Post-Apocalypse 1.7
<<General>>
- ASCII version is now using Taffer's tileset with AngleWyrm's Colorset.
Items
- Removed toolbox from musical instruments category.
- Added toolbox and chemistry set tools to general population.
- Pouches are renamed to wallets.
- There are now nickel, copper, silver, gold and platinum coins.
- Coin values are 1, 10, 50, 100 and 500. Carrying currency for trade in adv mode now can be viable (if you carry gold and platinum coins).
Materials
- Sorted materials around. Now 100% of creatures use the same system for leathermaking and stuff.
- It led to some changes, for example golden gecko no longer have as dangerous claws as deathclaws.
- Chitin works properly and now chitin items are stored properly.
- Scaled creatures' raw scales can be tanned to get "scale", which is an equivalent to leather.
Secrets
- Cybermancers has got a proper computer-related text theme for books and book names.
- Now there's a secret to become "reanimator", a more common necromancer-type. The idea is based on the movie "Reanimator".
- Now there's a secret to become "spore carrier", who is able to raise dust clouds and raise sporelings from corpses.
Plants
- Added potato, you can make vodka from potatoes.
- Vodka made from yam is now called "yam vodka".
- Alcohols no longer cause inebriation syndromes.
Creatures
- Rebalanced general creature populations.
- New creature "caustic gecko" native to swampy areas. It can spray a nasty acid.
- New creature "sporeling", a plant-shroom predatory hybrid.
- Different canine creatures did not survive the apocalypse. Dogs on the other hand now roam in packs in shrubland, grassland and savanna.
- Skags are desert dwellers only now.
- Stranglers are replaced with bullymongs. They now also dwell in tropical forests, deserts and glaciers.
- Giant abomination semimegabeast is now simply called "abomination".
- Former "abomination" creature is now called "behemoth mutant".
- Giant deathclaws are larger.
- Giant spiders now came out from caverns and live in evil forests. They now have 8 eyes instead of 2.
- Mantisses live in tropical regions only.
- Cazadors are now in savage areas only. But their poison is really deadly, you don't want to even get a scratch from them.
- Common ants are now quite small, not bigger than radroaches.
- There are now giant ants who are bigger than humans in savage areas.
- There are fire ants which are bigger than humans and live in savage tropics and deserts.
- There are now black radscorpions which are bigger than small radscorpions. There also are giant radscorpions in evil areas.
- Fixed hulk name.
<<Adventure mode>>
- Drug making now requires a chemistry set.
- Adventurers can make thread from intestines. It should make it possible to make a full leather armor as an outsider by simple hunting.
- Added ability to sew leather pants. No more pantless outsiders.
- Adventurers can make sausages from meat and intestines. It provides a lot of food in one stack.

<<Fortress mode>>
- Kitchen: Making sausages from blood is called "make blood sausage". You can also make sausages from meat and intestines.

I will have a hell lot of work today and tomorrow, so I release this for now. There's much more to come. I renamed the mod and came back to 1.0 because why the hell not? I resume work after a long period of time. Enjoy.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62]