Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62

Author Topic: (Old Post-Apocalypse thread).  (Read 214228 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.11] ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ (v.1.7)
« Reply #900 on: February 04, 2013, 10:35:38 am »

Hmm, Mr. Farmy who temporary makes grazing animals not require food would be nice, I will look into it.

MREs which you get in sewage plant by pressing vermin remains are basically sailent green from the movie :P. However I plan to keep sewage plant as a place to mass-destroy different types of items, and instead make a food processor which turns different stuff into food.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: February 04, 2013, 10:59:33 am »

Woot, I've played some adventure mode and you cannot actually get any leatherworking up until you visit a town to buy or steal plants, and then it's irrelevant because you can buy or pick up much better armor. Is nobody playing adventure mode as outsiders? :D

I've made it possible to weave thread from guts, now outsiders can get a full leather suit from simple hunting.

Any gameplay requests or reports you want to make for this release?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: February 04, 2013, 11:05:03 am »

Last time I played adventure mode I got attacked by supermutants in every village that wasn't where I spawned, did you make some fixes?
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #903 on: February 04, 2013, 12:03:22 pm »

Woot, I've played some adventure mode and you cannot actually get any leatherworking up until you visit a town to buy or steal plants, and then it's irrelevant because you can buy or pick up much better armor. Is nobody playing adventure mode as outsiders? :D

I've made it possible to weave thread from guts, now outsiders can get a full leather suit from simple hunting.

Make crates give bins- they'd have to be huge. Also, make them use the material from the original crate instead of assuming aluminum- then traders who give you non-aluminum crates make more sense.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: February 04, 2013, 12:08:17 pm »

Last time I played adventure mode I got attacked by supermutants in every village that wasn't where I spawned, did you make some fixes?
Supermutants are like that, they are like goblins in vanilla. They only hold allegiance to their home towns. It comes from high banditry and local banditry.

Make crates give bins- they'd have to be huge. Also, make them use the material from the original crate instead of assuming aluminum- then traders who give you non-aluminum crates make more sense.
Good idea, I will fix it right now.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: February 04, 2013, 03:35:44 pm »

I've figured, what if the drugs were remade? Right now they have their effects applied instantly when a person eats a drug. It is realistic, sure, but is barely helpful.

What if instead it took more to make a drug, but instead created something like "buffout pack", and when eaten gave an interaction "administer buffout" with an attack trigger for a prolonged amount of time with a cooldown?  This way a person who used a drug pack would use the combat drugs only in combat.

Another idea. How about a creation of antidotes which don't really cure the poison, but if taken before the poison/venom cancel it? I can make it by giving the medicine a syndrome class "ANTIDOTE" and then giving poisons/venoms [IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:ANTIDOTE]?

If you think it could work and would not be too complex I can do it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 03:38:19 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: February 04, 2013, 04:57:00 pm »

Sounds like a cybernetic gizmo. Perhaps you keep drugs as they are, but add a feature where you can add autoinjectors as one potential cybernetic.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: February 04, 2013, 05:17:00 pm »

How would you suggest to implement drugs for fort mode then? They just eat them whenever and never get any effects during combat.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: February 04, 2013, 05:34:30 pm »

Would you guys miss maneater alligators and cave crocodiles? I feel like removing them and introducing a new breed of poison-spitting (caustic) geckos to wetlands. It would be more canon and I don't really see large common reptiles surviving the apocalypse.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: February 04, 2013, 08:07:14 pm »

I dunno, it seems like everything I see is geckos, geckos, and more geckos.

Geneoce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: February 04, 2013, 10:13:03 pm »

Would you guys miss maneater alligators and cave crocodiles? I feel like removing them and introducing a new breed of poison-spitting (caustic) geckos to wetlands. It would be more canon and I don't really see large common reptiles surviving the apocalypse.

Keep the maneaters, lower there spawn rate, add the spitting gecko.

For an explanation of how they survived how about "sewer crocs"?

homebrew mod
How balanced/stable is that edition PTTG? I would be interested in an expanded energy cycle/more ranged variety. How do the laser weapons stand against pellet guns? More Info!  :D
I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: February 05, 2013, 12:49:33 am »

The problem with lasers is that you will have laser shots laying around and stuck in wounds. I plan to add a variety to rifles in this release again, however I will keep universal ammo to avoid the different ammo bug.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: February 05, 2013, 01:21:33 am »

Yeah, the "Laser Blast"s start collecting here and there. I've made them more-or-less free, so it's not like it's unbalancing, but they are still annoying and a bit odd.

As for balance, I haven't really playtested it much yet. Of note, I made "good" returns from scrapping somewhat less common (maybe 20% less), and increased "bulk" returns to average at about 1 per scrap- concrete blocks and boulders, scrap metal, that sort of thing.

I am rather pleased with the gauss rifle, though; it takes unobtanium to make, and could be made rather expensive in computer parts or something, and the ammo is huge and  heavy. But it can easily knock someone 20 squares a hit, similar to a high-strength adventurer with a warhammer. It's exhilarating... though your marksmen will probably have a very low fire rate due to the weight.

jonveck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: February 05, 2013, 01:42:56 am »

I have to say, even though I've been really meaning to play Meph's newest version of Masterwork, I simply cannot get myself particularly excited about it with how much I've been thinking about your Post-Apocalypse mod and anticipating its updates and new content.

So, I say this with the highest respect... but, necromorphs leading the "Cult of Death?"  C'mon, dude, that's so uninspired.  I mean, not that I have a mind-shatteringly awesome recommendation to replace "Cult of Death," but there's got to be something better than that.

It's branching out beyond Fallout/Borderlands/Wasteland, but have you read anything about Gamma World?  It's got some great content that ranges from serious to tongue-in-cheek and its wiki (or the rule book itself) might provide you with loads of great new ideas.  Heck, their cryptic alliance known as the "Radioactivists" might be a good replacement for "Cult of Death" if you want to give a nuclear-association to their reanimation process.

(http://gammaworld.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Cryptic_Alliance)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: February 05, 2013, 02:09:12 am »

I don't plan to name them necromorphs, they will just have similar mechanics: the revived bodies will have claws, spikes and other appendages they can use to get new friends.

I will look up radioactivists, thank you. Sadly I missed Gamma World but I heard a lot of good words about it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62