Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Elf Eggs  (Read 4166 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: Elf Eggs
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2012, 03:27:41 am »

And now I have the unsettling mental image of an elf brooding an egg.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2012, 03:52:55 am »

I am pretty sure I saw an image of such a while back.. Or was it perhaps a human?  ???

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2012, 04:35:46 am »

Don't forget to give them horns, hooves, and shells. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2012, 09:44:51 am »

What disturbs me most is the image of a male elf trying to lay an egg...

Gall stones are supposedly some of the most painful things to pass, and those things are barely larger than a pebble.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

HD23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2012, 01:54:42 pm »

I finally got it working! I think the problem was that I had forgotten to put in [BODY_MATERIAL_PLAN:EGG_MATERIALS] or something like that. I didn't even know that line existed, but I saw it scanning the Chicken raws and putting it in my elves worked. :D

So do they breed normally and just have eggs as a bonus, or do they hatch from eggs?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2012, 02:06:14 pm »

What disturbs me most is the image of a male elf trying to lay an egg...

BLOODY CARP MOTHER OF ARMOK

The thought is stuck in my head...

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012, 02:07:28 pm »

If they are female, have a CHILD token, and there are males out there to fertilize them (INTELLIGENT creatures need husbands, but if they are just "livestock", then they just need any male), then they can be fertilized if left alone in a nest box. 

Otherwise, eggs will be laid but not fertilized, which I assume male elf eggs will do.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

zemagris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2012, 02:52:39 pm »

They'll still breed as normal, I think. I haven't tried hatching any eggs yet, I just cook them into Elf Egg Roasts. :P

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2012, 02:55:15 pm »

I don't know the answer to your question, but I have to ask...why?
You need to play alot more df.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2012, 09:01:45 pm »

To my knowledge, any females who lay eggs cannot give birth to live young. Actually, that's the case for males too, but that's more normal.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2012, 11:40:16 pm »

So what you should do is give elves an inordinate number of bones. Like, 10 femurs and 15 heads and whatnot. Give them feathers, horns, and hooves. Make them lay eggs EVERY season. Make their blood brewable into expensive liqueor. Their meat should also be edible, and they should also have their size quadrupled (quintupled?) so as to provide more of it. Give them multiple layers of fat.

It'll be like how they made orcs in LOTR, except instead of taking a serene, peace-loving intelligent being in perfect tune with nature and making it into a cheap mass-producable infantry hardwired for hysteric loyalty (Just got a new idea for elf engineering), we will be taking that and making it into the perfect sentient herd animal and beast of burden, bred solely for dwarven luxury and convienience.

Dwarven soilent green would be people, except that elves aren't people.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 [2]