Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3832511 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Hedge Maze from Hell.
« Reply #1020 on: April 18, 2012, 02:25:12 am »

OOC: I know where we are, I was afraid we or she was hallucinating.

Adrian goes with the man, but tells Mason to keep his eyes on them.

Bueno Noche, Can't post until tommorow

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1021 on: April 18, 2012, 02:39:22 am »

OOC: I know where we are, I was afraid we or she was hallucinating.

Adrian goes with the man, but tells Mason to keep his eyes on them.

Bueno Noche, Can't post until tommorow
>>Alright, just making sure it's all clear.

You follow the man around to the back of the wreckage. The wreckage is horseshoe shaped and the area the man leads  you to is inside the inner curve. Sitting there, partially wrapped in shattered fuselage is something very odd. It looks like a man, a very old, skinny man with skin like dark leather and a scruffy white beard. He's wearing some sort of loose  fitting robes, is bald head left bare. He's sitting there, in the wreckage, cross legged, with something in his hands. It looks like some kind of baseball sized seed; a stock of thin roots are growing from it, wrapping around the old man's hands and legs, and a green shoot is sprouting from the top.

The man in the space suit kneels and writes in the dirt

"We think it's what causes this. We tried to take it." He points to the men who are laying on the ground "We failed."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: April 18, 2012, 06:28:22 am »

((My meta senses are tingling. Is my sight still deteriorating?))
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: April 18, 2012, 06:31:32 am »

((If the cockroach man keeps acting as such, he won't survive for long.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: April 18, 2012, 07:48:58 am »

Inquire at gunpoint what the dark shape is!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: April 18, 2012, 07:51:07 am »

Jim asks if some of the scientists could help get him set up with everything.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: April 18, 2012, 12:12:42 pm »

I'm awake! What'd I miss >_>
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: April 18, 2012, 12:21:07 pm »

((Your character died horribly.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: April 18, 2012, 12:21:27 pm »

Ooooh. Creepy old seed man.

"Hey, see if you can find our Scout Eye! It may have only bounced off of the hull and hit the dirt somewhere nearby!"
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1029 on: April 18, 2012, 01:06:00 pm »

It's not getting worse, but not getting better.

Inquire at gunpoint what the dark shape is!
You find it quite impossible to speak.

Jim asks if some of the scientists could help get him set up with everything.
You explain your problem and the man at the desk nods before typing on his keypad. He reaches under the desk and retrieves a thumb drive. "Here. 50 TB. Download whatever you want to onto that and bring it back. We'll do the rest. You've got an account on the computers now too."

Ooooh. Creepy old seed man.

"Hey, see if you can find our Scout Eye! It may have only bounced off of the hull and hit the dirt somewhere nearby!"

[Aux roll: 1] You attempt to bring the drone in for a quick skim of the clearing, hopefully drawing attention to it before flying back out and away. What you actually end up doing is flying the drone straight into the irregular object in the center of the clearing. The drone's feed goes dark and you hear a dull metallic ring as it smashes itself to pieces on the unknown structure.
I'm beginning to worry that you and Adrian have some sort of memory problem.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: April 18, 2012, 01:09:32 pm »

"Thanks. Be back in a bit." Jim took the proffered object and went back to the rec room to look up and download information on gun use, medical training, exotic lifeforms, anything that could be useful to surviving on missions. And due to peanut gallery influence, he also looks up every back issue of Redbook ever, because that might come in handy too. Then he brings the downloaded data back to the scientists.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: April 18, 2012, 01:26:41 pm »

I do, actually. My apologies. I have a serious short-term memory problem that makes memorization extremely difficult unless repeated multiple times. :|

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: April 18, 2012, 01:57:41 pm »

get closer to the door and check it for anything that might end in my pain. if nothing if found take a quick peak inside
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: April 18, 2012, 02:05:46 pm »

end in my pain.
((End in your pain? Bondage anyone?))
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1034 on: April 18, 2012, 02:27:19 pm »

"Thanks. Be back in a bit." Jim took the proffered object and went back to the rec room to look up and download information on gun use, medical training, exotic lifeforms, anything that could be useful to surviving on missions. And due to peanut gallery influence, he also looks up every back issue of Redbook ever, because that might come in handy too. Then he brings the downloaded data back to the scientists.
You plug the flash drive into the computer and start scanning through various offered programs. Most of it seems aimed at the civilian market; augmented reality programs, Universal Themes, games. Not really surprising now that you think of it, why would military level programs be widely available? You do however manage to find a few programs that look helpful. The first is a program that offers information about weapons, the second is a guide of all known, or at least publicly known, alien species, the third is something called "Robo-doc" which apparently allows Cameyes to automatically diagnose injuries.

I do, actually. My apologies. I have a serious short-term memory problem that makes memorization extremely difficult unless repeated multiple times. :|
No problem. But yeah, all the scout eyes are broken. They're not very sturdy, its why they're cheap.

get closer to the door and check it for anything that might end in my pain. if nothing if found take a quick peak inside

You creep closer to the door when you notice something standing near it. It looks like a marble statue depicting a massive, heavily muscled man. A man with 4 arms. As you watch, the statue shifts a bit and looks around.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 1256