Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 785 786 [787] 788 789 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3832278 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Worst bombsquad in the galaxy
« Reply #11790 on: January 30, 2013, 08:22:15 am »

Stacy, Team C DJ, Outside Morgue.

"Well, that is quite a predicament we have over there. Whatever is in there, it is likely to be worrying."

Stacy turns to Pancaek as Flint leaves.

"I'll be taking my scheduled union break now. I am leaving you in charge of this door. That's not a problem, is it?"

He then flees, not waiting for an answer.

Retreat to outside the elevator. Consider if 1/8th kiloton bombs are likely to be even anywhere near a civilian installation. How widely are they used, anyway?

I feel so helpful out here, it's amazing!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 04:04:26 pm by Harry Baldman »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11791 on: January 30, 2013, 11:15:47 am »

Team C ; Feyri Nirel - Armored Mercenary - The Corridor outside the Laboratory.

Weird...Jim wanting to lie down on corpses...

Ergh, its just like what I wrote down. Amps are...too experimental for our use. Its affecting his mind...

Feyri sighed as she idled with Simus.

"Hey wait, if its blocked going back up, who's to say that the rest of us who aren't finished here go down instead of doing...what we can only perceive as nothing productive at the moment?

"I mean, I guess the doctor is ready back there. And the elevator can't obviously see going back up as wrong if we leave part of our squad behind, right?

"I'd like to go deeper while the rest of you are busy..."

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11792 on: January 30, 2013, 01:11:43 pm »

Bishop hums in thought, gazing up the shaft blankly.

"If command is behind the elevator acting up, then why cut communications with us? In fact, why mess with the elevator in the first place when all they have to do to keep us down here is to shock us until we're done?"

He says nothing for a few moments before looking back to Miyamoto.

"I don't like this. It's a real bad situation and it stinks of an incoming shit storm, and we're right at the center of it. Anyway, we need to clear that hospital soon, incase there is a jamming device somewhere in there. If he really has got a bomb, that might be the ideal way of taking care of it quickly. Just something to keep in mind."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11793 on: January 30, 2013, 01:19:58 pm »

"You know," Feyri piped over the comms, "If the doctor or whatever he did was a bluff, I wonder why he's focusing that bluff onto us. Given what was said, he'd gain more when he's facing the greater threat- either anyone else but us, or Command. Who I hope can't hear this because they have ethics, or honor, or respect privacy at least.

"Because Miya gave his ultimatum right there."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11794 on: January 30, 2013, 02:28:37 pm »

"You know," Feyri piped over the comms, "If the doctor or whatever he did was a bluff, I wonder why he's focusing that bluff onto us. Given what was said, he'd gain more when he's facing the greater threat- either anyone else but us, or Command. Who I hope can't hear this because they have ethics, or honor, or respect privacy at least.

"Because Miya gave his ultimatum right there."

"Wait, how exactly did i give him an ultimatum? I acted in what I perceived was the best interest of the Team and the mission. If you wanna have a go at trying to convince him, by all means, be my guest. And besides, I told him to reconsider his options until we get back on this level on our way up, so that's hardly an ultimatum."

« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 02:30:21 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11795 on: January 30, 2013, 03:43:12 pm »

Pancaek stares after Stacy for a second
"they left you here to die, they hate you"
"yeah...no..fuck this noise"
Make my way towards the elevator and stand next to Miyamoto
"So, how did the peace talks go? We came across a room that's probably filled with sharks" "you mean they're real?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11796 on: January 30, 2013, 03:45:54 pm »

"Amen."

Say, did these corpses have anything useful?

Loot corpses and surroundings.  Especially look for a knife.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11797 on: January 30, 2013, 04:50:22 pm »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11798 on: January 30, 2013, 04:58:33 pm »

+NAN LY

((I find your new avatar more disturbing, +NAN LY actually sounds fairly... peaceful, at times.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #11799 on: January 30, 2013, 05:01:40 pm »

((Can someone tell me whats happened since Milno got the disease?))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11800 on: January 30, 2013, 05:40:40 pm »

"...so how are negotiations going again?" Faith asked, glancing at the bending door.

Estimate how easy it'd be to just take the computers with us and examine the contents later.

If very, power them down, take them, and get out of the hospital.

If not very, just get out of the hospital.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11801 on: January 31, 2013, 02:41:31 am »

As the door expanded, Thomas stood, then scowled.
"Oh... Damn it."
He headed away from the door to what was hopefully a safe distance before scoping up and getting ready to shoot when zombie shark nukes came out.
"Hey, guys, get to a safe distance. Don't want to be near whatevers behind the door."

"Nope."

You run behind the nearest corner and peak out with your rifle leveled at the door. And then you run back, grab May, drag her behind the corner, and resume your position.

Dang it, May.

Nap time. As much as Jim can actually sleep, anyway.

"To sleep, perchance to Dream; Aye, there's the rub,
 For in that sleep of death, what dreams may come,
 When we have shuffled off this mortal coil, We certainly make damn comfortable beds."

You sleep the sleep of sleeping on corpses.

Bishop grumbled and looked up the elevator shaft, shifting around uneasily.

"Something really weird is going on here... Why does it think the shaft is blocked? It must be some kind of outside influence, but unless someone hacks into the computer or takes a look up the shaft to see if there really IS a blockage, then there's not much we can do. Miya, can you fly up the shaft to see if there's anything blocking the way? If there's nothing up there, I'll see if I can take a look into the controlling computer and see if anyone is hacking the controls."

If Miya goes up there and finds nothing blocking the shaft, have a look into the elevator's protocols and see if an outside source if causing it to act up. If I can't find anything, see if I can figure out why we can't contact command.
[aux:3+1]
You do a bit of digging in the computer's programmy bits and find something odd. The elevator is receives the signal of being blocked from sensors in the shaft, so normally a few should just be transmitting a blocked signal.But in this case, they're all transmitting the blocked signal and they're doing it over and over several thousand times a second.

Name:Flint - Team C - Hospital, Administration

"I'm getting tired of this... WHY WON'T YOU BEHAVE LIKE A NORMAL DOOR DAMN YOU?" Flint yells at the door. The door doesn't respond. "Okay, that's it. Now I'll show you! Just you wait."

Go outside of the Labs and shout the following to the people inside:"Hi there! Flint Westwood here from the UWM rescue team. Seen any of my movies? Well, never mind. The reason I'm here is that we're trying to open the morgue and the door there is behaving... strangely, like there's something pushing it from the other side. Hopefully it's not zombie alien sharks. Could you please, please, please tell me what's in there and if it's safe to open?" EDIT2: If I don't get a satisfactory answer (no answer at all included), get in and see if I can locate the man with the hypothetical detonator.

((EDIT: I just thought of a very good way to see if the guy is lying. If nobody tries something with him this turn I'll do it next turn. I promise you, it'll be very fun. And a bit dangerous so you might want to back up if I do it.))
You get no reply from the door.Well, you get no verbal reply. Instead it replies to you by suddenly dissolving as some sort of gray haze eats it's way through the door. 

Team D - Lukas
Lukas stops backing up. "Wait a minute. Guys think about it. He is lying there all banged up but he did have the time and opportunity to take a deadman's switch in his hand even after Jim blew the room to pieces? What sense does it make for him to install a bomb like that with a deadman's switch anyway? I think he is just bluffing. Is there some way for us to see what is going on in the room without him knowing?"

"On the other hand, if you told me a bunch of doctors were capable of mass-murdering civilians, setting elaborate explosive traps and wielding military gauss rifles, I'd called you crazy. So abandon you normal sense, is what I'm saying."

Bishop grumbled and looked up the elevator shaft, shifting around uneasily.

"Something really weird is going on here... Why does it think the shaft is blocked? It must be some kind of outside influence, but unless someone hacks into the computer or takes a look up the shaft to see if there really IS a blockage, then there's not much we can do. Miya, can you fly up the shaft to see if there's anything blocking the way? If there's nothing up there, I'll see if I can take a look into the controlling computer and see if anyone is hacking the controls."

If Miya goes up there and finds nothing blocking the shaft, have a look into the elevator's protocols and see if an outside source if causing it to act up. If I can't find anything, see if I can figure out why we can't contact command.

"I have a feeling that this is Command's doing. Just a hunch, you know. To make sure we don't go back up untill we have cleared these levels."

Try to see if there's a way to get to the top of the elevator without breaking or wrecking the elevator itself.
Well. There's a closed metal iris up above blocking off the way up. You could hulk smash your way through that, but it might have unintended consequences. Same as everything really; this universe seems built to kick you repeatedly in the balls. The robo-balls.

Stacy, Team C DJ, Outside Morgue.

"Well, that is quite a predicament we have over there. Whatever is in there, it is likely to be worrying."

Stacy turns to Pancaek as Flint leaves.

"I'll be taking my scheduled union break now. I am leaving you in charge of this door. That's not a problem, is it?"

He then flees, not waiting for an answer.

Retreat to outside the elevator. Consider if 1/8th kiloton bombs are likely to be even anywhere near a civilian installation. How widely are they used, anyway?

I feel so helpful out here, it's amazing!

Thats a big old nope there, good buddy. Civies shouldn't have nukies or gunshoots of that caliber. These dudebros are definitely ab-to-the-normal.

Also you buttrun all the way to the elevator and stuff.

Pancaek stares after Stacy for a second
"they left you here to die, they hate you"
"yeah...no..fuck this noise"
Make my way towards the elevator and stand next to Miyamoto
"So, how did the peace talks go? We came across a room that's probably filled with sharks" "you mean they're real?"
"Later bitches."

You elevator to the go.

"Amen."

Say, did these corpses have anything useful?

Loot corpses and surroundings.  Especially look for a knife.

No knives or unsmashed things. Turns out high caliber rifles are no match for high caliber office furniture. BUT YOU DO FIND A SCALPEL. YIPPEE!

"...so how are negotiations going again?" Faith asked, glancing at the bending door.

Estimate how easy it'd be to just take the computers with us and examine the contents later.

If very, power them down, take them, and get out of the hospital.

If not very, just get out of the hospital.

Carry a bunch of desktop computers with you? Not so easy, at least not all of them. You might be able to carry a couple of this data cube things.

By the way guys, we're doing another ER talk, so shoot me questions if you have some. Also,

http://wheelof.com/stars/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7t78RX5bEo

Music of the stars and planets. Can't remember if I ever posted them, but the seem fitting.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11802 on: January 31, 2013, 03:12:42 am »

Thomas frowns. Gray haze was considerably less shootable than sharks. He takes his eye off the scope for a moment to look over at May
"May, do you think you could do something with your manipulator? Freeze it or something?"
Be prepared for shit to go down.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 03:15:43 am by Spinal_Taper »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #11803 on: January 31, 2013, 03:28:54 am »

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

(I just listened to the last podcast today.  A question I wanted to ask for the next one, is there or has there ever been anything either we the players or you as the GM have done that have particularly shocked/horrified/whatevered you?)

"...bizulgrangh-huh?  Oh.  Oh.  Still here."
Yawning a bit and stretching, Mesk returns to the land of the present, having momentarily dozed off on his feet.
"Man, I hope the rest of this place is - oh shit!  I almost said... I meant to say, I hope the next few floors down kill us all horribly.  Heh.  Yeah, that's what I was gonna say."
Having narrowly avoided jinxing the mission's future, he takes a moment to figure out what's going on elsewhere, and decides that fixing the elevator would be a better use of his talents than fighting grey goo.
"Who knows what a nanite swarm could do to me, after all?" he muses silently.  "Regeneration only goes so far.  Even if I'm immune to disease... aging... I- I wonder if when this is all over, I'll be able to go home and live forever?  I wonder if I'll be able to forget this all if I live long enough...?"
Head to the elevators, determine what's wrong with them and how I could fix it.
Out loud Mesk says to nobody in particular, "Hey, maybe the elevators are getting jammed from upstairs, you know, the guys up there thought we learned too much about the virus they created and want to make sure we can't leave with that knowledge?"
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 03:32:11 am by Remalle »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11804 on: January 31, 2013, 05:45:48 am »

"A simple verbal answer would have sufficed, no need to start eating things!" Flint said as he backed away, shocked from the unexpected sight.
Strategic retreat. Go near the place Thomas is. Look around for anything that could be used to take a sample of haze. Throw a chair at the haze. Then aim at it with my mining laser. Say this to the haze: "Hello there! This is a UWM rescue team. We mean you no harm!" Hazes weren't known for being talkative but it wouldn't hurt to try.

@Everyone:"Hey, people, there's a strange haze that I think just ate a door here. Could you please go and ask those murderdoctors what is going on here?"
Pages: 1 ... 785 786 [787] 788 789 ... 1256