Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 786 787 [788] 789 790 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3832236 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Worst bombsquad in the galaxy
« Reply #11805 on: January 31, 2013, 05:49:39 am »

"Yeah, what is that?" Faith asked, glancing at the haze. "I knew there was nothing good in the warm-morgue, but I sure as hell wasn't expecting silver mist."

Examine haze spreading speed. If I have a while, try to decrypt the files. If the haze appears to be moving quickly, grab what I can and get out of its way.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11806 on: January 31, 2013, 06:28:07 am »

Stacy, Team C DJ, At Elevator.

"A gray haze, you say? Fascinating! And it ate a door, too? Hm."

He taps his faceplate for a bit.

"I think you may have found the ultimate weapon there, man! And it's free now. Quick, does it move like a single, unchanging cloud or does it spread in, like, a rolling fashion? Either's a very interesting possibility, though the second is far more lethal, I think. It does explain why somebody would have a nuke with a dead man's switch in the building and keep the detonator on hand at all times. I see two things we could possibly do: freeze it to absolute zero or allow the guy to nuke the place if he can, though either option has a good chance of not working."

With my superior elevator expertise, examine the elevator. See if the iris can be opened through any hacky-techy-improbable method. Don't do it, however.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 02:13:41 pm by Harry Baldman »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11807 on: January 31, 2013, 10:13:39 am »

((I love how you just Shakespeared Jim XD))

Team C ; Feyri Nirel - Armored Mercenary - The Corridor outside the Laboratory.

Feyri nudged Simus as she pointed to Jim, then at the elevator in a 'let's pack up and leave' motion.

"Has anyone suspected that the doctor held a switch to a level four biological hazard area? I did...as I paced outside. What else could be kept behind a walled up morgue? For that matter, why was the graveyard walled up too?"

Feyri blinked as she noticed she was speaking out loud. "I-uh, err...Just me thinking out loud."

Examine graveyard - wall included, then the hospital from the graveyard PoV. Examine the corpses Jim is resting on.

Grab Jim, and get to the elevator.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11808 on: January 31, 2013, 11:21:13 am »

Thoughts of man-hats had largely left Lars's head at this point, distracted by the large number of people headed out to the elevators.  Lars decided to join them.

"Yes, my brothers and sisters, Steve's light is shining a beacon unto yonder elevator!"

Head to the elevator group.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11809 on: January 31, 2013, 12:06:43 pm »

"Gray mist that ate through a big ass metal door..." "yea, for the end is nigh. REPENT!" "Gentlemen, the universe has decided to eat us."

Poke my bad leg to see exactly how attached it still is. Ponder what the connection between the mist and sharks could be

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11810 on: January 31, 2013, 12:11:14 pm »

Assist Feyri with Jim-Hauling, get to the elevator, and see if it's reparable.

If that mist got through a morgue door, which is almost certainly a very high level biohazard door, then we need to leave. NOW. Our suits won't even give it pause.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 03:02:11 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11811 on: January 31, 2013, 12:13:27 pm »

Jim went to the elevator and waited, so that there was no need to haul him.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 01:11:14 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11812 on: January 31, 2013, 12:53:53 pm »

If that mist got through a morgue door, which is almost certainly a very high level biohazard door, then we need to leave. NOW. Our suits won't even give it pause.

"I agree with Simus. I have no idea what that 'haze' is, but it certainly doesn't seem friendly. We should get down, clear the last levels, and then see if it has dissepated when we get back up."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11813 on: January 31, 2013, 12:55:53 pm »

"Perhaps it is the machinations of the divine?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11814 on: January 31, 2013, 01:02:19 pm »

"I agree with Simus. I have no idea what that 'haze' is, but it certainly doesn't seem friendly. We should get down, clear the last levels, and then see if it has dissepated when we get back up."

"You sure that's a good idea, Big Spoon? If it hasn't dissipated and has also spread throughout the level, we might be totally screwed, considering that that thing apparently eats doors with the greatest of ease."

"Hey, wait a minute, I have an idea. Maybe the alteration in temperature set it off, so heating it back up would stop it? Worth a shot, I think."

Get back to the hospital and get within visual contact of the haze, staying as far away as possible at all times. Use the MFM to return a sizable portion of it to the temperature the room was at before the door got frozen. Proceed to run rapidly if it doesn't work.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 02:14:06 pm by Harry Baldman »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11815 on: January 31, 2013, 01:16:35 pm »

"You know, one of you could do the simple thing and ask the doctor about it. If it really is as dangerous as you think it is then he would have something to say about it."

((Hmmm... If we continue the Dwarf Fortress analogies then is this a syndrome inducing mist?))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11816 on: January 31, 2013, 02:10:40 pm »

"You sure that's a good idea, Big Spoon? If it hasn't dissipated and has also spread throughout the level, we might be totally screwed, considering that that thing apparently eats doors with the greatest of ease."

"Hey, wait a minute, I have an idea. Maybe the alteration in temperature set it off, so heating it back up would stop it? Worth a shot, I think."

Get back to the hospital and get within visual contact of the haze, staying as far away as possible at all times. Use the MFM to return a sizable portion of it to the temperature the room was at before the door got frozen. Proceed to run rapidly if it doesn't work.

"Good point. But the thing is, we have so little intell on what we are dealing with here, I think it would be best to just wait for a bit and see how the situation develops, lest we accidentaly make things worse."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11817 on: January 31, 2013, 02:16:14 pm »

"Well, I suppose that you're right as well. Better not to aggravate possibly sentient universal weapons. At least, heh heh, not yet."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #11818 on: January 31, 2013, 02:31:10 pm »

"People, it's clearly a nanobot swarm.  As to whether they're sentient and hostile towards all macroscopic life, well, we're about to find out!"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Bad With Children
« Reply #11819 on: February 01, 2013, 01:06:55 am »

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Milno sighs as he watches the developments.
"This could only get any worse if we had been sent with more people. Anyway, if anyone wants to try their shot at destroying that thing, then the amp and manipulator users who aren't exhausted should try first."

"The ones who have been using their amps and manipulators for some time already should avoid doing anything or you'll probably explode and take some of us with you."

Spoiler: B Team (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 786 787 [788] 789 790 ... 1256