Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3831299 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Feyri : Professional Soldier
« Reply #120 on: April 04, 2012, 02:39:32 pm »

Milno:

Ask Feyri and Faith if they can find a safe way to enter that place without being hit by the defense system.

"Feyri, Faith, can any of you fathom a way to get inside that place without losing either our lives or half of our body?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 04, 2012, 02:41:01 pm »

((There goes one token.))
((On the other hand, one leg is broken, as opposed to both plus some large intestine being completely gone. :P))

Just... lay there for a moment, getting my bearings again. It's nice to lie there and not die.

Faith blinked. This place really did not like her. Maybe the turrets would be her friends?

The turrets would probably not be her friends. In all likelihood they would horribly and brutally murder her for coming near them. But maybe, just maybe if she walked reeeeaaaallllyyyy slowly, and reeeaaaallllyyy didn't get hit in the gut by a berserk camera drone, they'd overlook her. Like a bug that's not worth turning into molten rock soup.

Veeeeery slowly emerge from rock. Leap back behind rock if doheckies start doing anything.

Like, anything.

"Feyri, Faith, can any of you fathom a way to get inside that place without losing either our lives or half of our body?"
"...let me try something..."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 04, 2012, 02:41:55 pm »

Try and figure out the safest way inside. If found, follow it. If not, run for the hole in the wall.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Suddenly, He's not half the man he used to be.
« Reply #123 on: April 04, 2012, 02:51:24 pm »

Feyri smiled. At least the music wasn't clearly saying anything about her current situation, being long and overdramatic in it's short length. She wondered if it was on loop.

Other than that, she secretly wished the teammate that got hit was the medic. At least the density of the drone wouldn't kill her.

Or...maybe it did. The visual turned into darkness. Well, at least she got some attention with her attack.

>Adjust firing reticle. Aim and fire four rounds of 5 second bursts at the target, after adjustments and reliance on Intuition.

>Give the transmission to the team that I'll be...laying back.

You adjust your aim by a few degrees and fire in 5 second bursts till the rifle beeps and automatically ejects the spent battery. You lower the rifle and let it rest at your side.

You activate the radio again and rest your head on the ground.

"I think I'm gonna lay here for a while guys. Looks like you'll have to do it on your own."

Milno:

Ask Feyri and Faith if they can find a safe way to enter that place without being hit by the defense system.

"...let me try something..." Faith replies.

She rises up from the rocks, again, and begins to inch her way out toward the building.
((On the other hand, one leg is broken, as opposed to both plus some large intestine being completely gone. :P))

Just... lay there for a moment, getting my bearings again. It's nice to lie there and not die.

Faith blinked. This place really did not like her. Maybe the turrets would be her friends?

The turrets would probably not be her friends. In all likelihood they would horribly and brutally murder her for coming near them. But maybe, just maybe if she walked reeeeaaaallllyyyy slowly, and reeeaaaallllyyy didn't get hit in the gut by a berserk camera drone, they'd overlook her. Like a bug that's not worth turning into molten rock soup.

Veeeeery slowly emerge from rock. Leap back behind rock if doheckies start doing anything.

Like, anything.

"Feyri, Faith, can any of you fathom a way to get inside that place without losing either our lives or half of our body?" someone asks over the radio.

"...let me try something..." you respond, digging yourself out of the rubble for the second time in as many minutes. You lower yourself as close to the ground as humanly possible and begin to VEEEEEERY slowly inch your way out of cover and toward the opening in the building near the north death laser thing. You keep your eyes glued to the northern turret and hold your breath. Nothing seems to be happening. You're nearly half way there...any farther and you won't be able to run back if the thing starts moving. Point of no return.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 04, 2012, 02:54:28 pm »

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 04, 2012, 02:55:24 pm »

((Just realized. I poked my leg, which is still covered by the suit. And it has cancer.

I poked it.))

'Well, at least I know I'm not hallucinating my own death sequence.'

"Milno, is that your voice? Hah, I'm glad to hear someone alive speaking! Now, on a way insi-"

". . .

Hullo Faith. If any of you could relay to the squad, I'll be taking care of any suspicion from the enemy. I'll be lagging...far behind. I have...a lower body problem that does not need any medical attention at all. Ever. Stick to the mission and don't mind me.

Oh, and keep watch for a levitating autonomous drone. That one's mine."

>Reload with a battery. Fire another salvo of 3 second bursts, 5 times.

>Maybe try that in Morse code for something important.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2012, 03:07:49 pm »

((Just realized. I poked my leg, which is still covered by the suit. And it has cancer.

I poked it.))

'Well, at least I know I'm not hallucinating my own death sequence.'

"Milno, is that your voice? Hah, I'm glad to hear someone alive speaking! Now, on a way insi-"

". . .

Hullo Faith. If any of you could relay to the squad, I'll be taking care of any suspicion from the enemy. I'll be lagging...far behind. I have...a lower body problem that does not need any medical attention at all. Ever. Stick to the mission and don't mind me.

>Reload with a battery. Fire another salvo of 3 second bursts, 5 times.

>Maybe try that in Morse code for something important.

You hear milno ask about a way into the tower and begin to respond "Milno, is that your voice? Hah, I'm glad to hear someone alive speaking! Now, on a way insi-"  before being cut off.

Faith. The medic. Out there. Doing things. Not helping you.

"Hullo Faith. If any of you could relay to the squad, I'll be taking care of any suspicion from the enemy. I'll be lagging...far behind. I have...a lower body problem that does not need any medical attention at all. Ever. Stick to the mission and don't mind me.

With that you slip your other battery into the rifle and fire off 15 seconds worth of 3 second bursts at the tower. You consider trying to fire in Morse code. [intelligence roll:2] You settle instead on firing "Shave and a haircut".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 04, 2012, 03:11:55 pm »

>Try to crawl a bit near any rock formation that blocks me from directly seeing the enemy structure. Peer against it's side to glance at the structure.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #128 on: April 04, 2012, 03:16:15 pm »

>Try to crawl a bit near any rock formation that blocks me from directly seeing the enemy structure. Peer against it's side to glance at the structure.
You roll onto your stomach and try to crawl to the edge of the rock formation to get a glimpse of the tower. [end roll:6] You drag yourself along like a veritable snake man, not even feeling your leg bouncing and crunching behind you. You reach the edge of the rock formation and peer out; the tower looms in the distance.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 04, 2012, 03:20:18 pm »

'I hate you, perspective.' Feyri thought while glancing back at the other twin of her healthy leg. Nothing could get worse than this.

>Fire a salvo of three second pulses, two times at the tower which I guess I was aiming at earlier.

>Try to spot the location of my allies and their general relativity to the structure and it's probable defenses.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 04, 2012, 03:24:35 pm »

Milno:

Keep watching both Faith and the turrets. If they start spinning, yell through the comms for her to run away.

"So...Feyri, what were you going to talk about?"
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 03:42:32 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #131 on: April 04, 2012, 03:48:49 pm »

'I hate you, perspective.' Feyri thought while glancing back at the other twin of her healthy leg. Nothing could get worse than this.

>Fire a salvo of three second pulses, two times at the tower which I guess I was aiming at earlier.

>Try to spot the location of my allies and their general relativity to the structure and it's probable defenses.

You fire off 6 more seconds worth of laser. 9 seconds worth of battery left. [intuition roll: 5+1] Yeah, you're definitely hitting it. It's gonna transform into a giant dragon or something here in just a second.

You look out across the plain and can make out your squadmates to the north. Two are hiding behind some rocks, one is crawling along the ground toward a doorway in the tower and the last is laying near the same door way.

"So...Feyri, what were you going to talk about?" someone asks over the radio.

Milno:

Keep watching both Faith and the turrets. If they start spinning, yell through the comms for her to run away.

You keep your attention focused on Faith and the turrets, ready to yell a warning the instant they started spinning.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 04, 2012, 03:52:07 pm »

Fumble with my weapon for any switch to make the laser visible (even though this is technically, impossible, being a...laser).

Aim and fire the last shots in a whole salvo at the top most, um, thing.

Relay positioning of everyone to everyone else.

"The only thing stopping you all, is your fear of death, and death. I hope I'll be a part of stopping that. Over."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 04, 2012, 03:54:15 pm »

Milno giggles

"Sure, the only thing stopping us is the prospect of ending like Jim or worse."
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 04, 2012, 04:00:32 pm »

Feyri looked at the lower part of her body for one whole second before deciding to reply.

"I wish you all the luck there is then. We certainly don't want to look like Jim. At all.

Oh, and mind your mortality*cough* I mean, mind your...chirality."

'I really have to brush up with my technical terms...' she mused to herself, after going over those words.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 1256