Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 801 802 [803] 804 805 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3832316 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Worst bombsquad in the galaxy
« Reply #12030 on: February 10, 2013, 07:04:46 am »

"Aughhhh," Faith moaned, trying to see past the gore covering her helmet. "The cough reacts to the tunnel. Don't go in if you're infected.

And, heat? Why would the disease hate heat? Or rather, why would it be infecting our lungs if it hated heat?"

Sense chest cavity. If I can see a goddamned thing, also examine the chunk of wall I broke off.

Either way, back to the elevator.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12031 on: February 10, 2013, 07:28:44 am »

"And, heat? Why would the disease hate heat? Or rather, why would it be infecting our lungs if it hated heat?"
Flint gave Faith a blank stare. "Are you seriously asking me to explain an alien's motivations? It could be trying to find more slaves. It could be the planet's immune response. It could simply be trying to deal with a problem it wasn't designed to deal with. Or maybe its god is telling it to do it. It doesn't really matter why. Whatever its reasons, it melted when we heated it, ergo it hates heat." ((And OOC, it's just following its programming. We do not know what that programming is or what its purpose is because it was written by aliens a long time ago. And whoever wrote it probably did not anticipate humans coming here and messing with it. And like someone said: "The good thing about computers is that they will do exactly what you program them to do. The bad thing about computers is that they will do EXACTLY what you program them to do."))
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 07:43:19 am by Parisbre56 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Bad With Children
« Reply #12032 on: February 10, 2013, 08:54:45 am »

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Milno flared up the comms with a sour voice.
"I've been feeling a little better since I rose the suit's internal temperature. But now I'm feeling...strange, like I should enter the tunnel."

There is a moment of silence as he hits his helmet before continuing. "All that's happening sounds like dirty mindfuckery all over again. If this gets any worse I'll try to set my suit to overdose myself and lock my suit's joints."

Stay near the elevator, away from the tunnel.
Spoiler: B Team (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12033 on: February 10, 2013, 10:46:45 am »

Time to leave. Once everyone's out, I recommend that someone with a microwave manipulator fry this tunnel.

Get out of the tunnel and back to the elevator.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 12:10:23 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12034 on: February 10, 2013, 02:20:54 pm »

"Yeah, let's go."
Turn up suit temperature, help May get over near the elevator. Go back and help anyone struggling to get to the elevator.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12035 on: February 10, 2013, 04:46:04 pm »

((Hey there. I'm back and just checked up on the posts I missed. Poor Feyri. Thanks for taking care of Lukas for me, Radio Controlled!))

Lukas follows Miyamoto into the tunnel

((No problem, I've had to babysit far worse than enormous murderous robots before.))

Go back to the elevator.

"Hey lucas, aren't you feeling anything? No weird noises coming from inside your head?"

"Pancaek, Stacy, get your gear ready. We're going to burn this sucker down. Wait till everybody is out though, this sharkmist might get violent once we start bringing the heat."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12036 on: February 10, 2013, 04:53:35 pm »

"Pancaek, Stacy, get your gear ready. We're going to burn this sucker down. Wait till everybody is out though, this sharkmist might get violent once we start bringing the heat."

"Got it, Big Spoon, ready to perform cooking as needed."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12037 on: February 10, 2013, 09:43:12 pm »

Praise Cog-azaon, the giver of knowledge!  Brother Lars wasn't even quite sure was a carbon-based constructor was- clearly he was being blessed with divine knowledge.

The shouting over radio comms got his attention.  Now was perhaps a good time to leave this area before he got left behind.

Seal the container and head back to the elevator.  Ponder more on the nature of the Sharkmist.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12038 on: February 10, 2013, 09:44:12 pm »

Get back to elevator. Make sure everyone is safe and snacks.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12039 on: February 10, 2013, 11:05:27 pm »

"Oh, no. This is hardly good."

>Hurry back to the elevator, keep as much distance as possible from infected/mindfucked people without falling out or anything silly like that.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #12040 on: February 11, 2013, 02:59:32 am »

((Hey there. I'm back and just checked up on the posts I missed. Poor Feyri. Thanks for taking care of Lukas for me, Radio Controlled!))

((No problem, I've had to babysit far worse than enormous murderous robots before.))

Go back to the elevator.

"Hey lucas, aren't you feeling anything? No weird noises coming from inside your head?"

Lukas

"Uhm, hearing anything? Nope, not this time and I have a talent for hallucinations."

You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12041 on: February 11, 2013, 03:08:26 am »

"Hey, anybody want to lend me a cutting torch or something? I'll only use up a few seconds, I promise!"

Stand outside the elevator and await the brave, intrepid adventurers that will indubitably come out.

You await the help of a teammate. You may be waiting here for a long time. Or who knows, maybe one of them will stab you for no reason. It could go either way.

Name:Flint - Team C - Mining area, Entrance

"Oh crap. Oh crap. Guys? You need to get you out of here! We need to get you out of here. GET OUT OF THERE! RUN!" said Flint as he backed away from the body and turned towards his teammates.

Carry everyone who is showing clear signs of mind fuckery (Miyamoto, Bishop) or disease (Faith, Milno) back to the elevator area (or to the door if Stacy has already closed it). Start with whoever is closest. If I can't see Bishop, go after him. EDIT:Also, increase my suit's internal temperature, just in case. EDIT2: Since everybody else has been taken care of, run after Bishop. Follow the tunnel for as long as I'm fairly sure that that is the route Bishop took (ie go to the point I last saw Bishop and keep going forward until I reach the first intersection after that point). If I can see Bishop, or if he comes this way, help him get back to the elevator.

@Stacy: "Stacy get that elevator open whatever it takes and get it open fast. We need to get all of the infected out of here as quickly as possible. That shark mist is sentient and it doesn't just kill people. It takes over their bodies. So that would make it a... zombie grayshark mist? Ehh, whatever." ((By the way, didn't someone have a second mining laser? You could use that for opening the hole.))

EDIT:"Oh and heat! Don't forget the heat! That thing hates heat. Crank up your suit temperatures."

You crank the heat to "Toasty" and start off down the tunnel, attempting to keep your brain in our head as you do. This attempt goes extremely poorly.

Your skull starts to fill up with white noise. It's trying to smash it's way out of your head. It's leaking from your eyes and pushing your teeth out of your gums.

Lukas

"Yo, Miyamoto?" Lukas pauses for a second. "Guys, something is wrong about this place. Miyamoto is being weird and stuff. Let's get the hell out of here."

Grab Miyamoto and go back the way I came.

You get a good grip on Miyamoto and drag him back to the elevator room. You're not exactly sure whats up with everyone around here; being mind fucked and all. The worst you've had in here is a craving for peanut butter and banana sandwiches.

"I may or may not be possessed by Elvis. Just a heads up."

"Aughhhh," Faith moaned, trying to see past the gore covering her helmet. "The cough reacts to the tunnel. Don't go in if you're infected.

And, heat? Why would the disease hate heat? Or rather, why would it be infecting our lungs if it hated heat?"

Sense chest cavity. If I can see a goddamned thing, also examine the chunk of wall I broke off.

Either way, back to the elevator.

"I think my lungs just became a woman at the worst possible time."

You drag yourself to the elevator and sort of flop down on your back. You feel your chest, trying to sense whats wrong. It feels like the thing growing in there moved, and there's damage to your esophagus and lungs; nothing fatal but you probably shouldn't fuck with that wall again. The stuff in you doesn't seem to like it when you hurt it's bigger cousin.

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Milno flared up the comms with a sour voice.
"I've been feeling a little better since I rose the suit's internal temperature. But now I'm feeling...strange, like I should enter the tunnel."

There is a moment of silence as he hits his helmet before continuing. "All that's happening sounds like dirty mindfuckery all over again. If this gets any worse I'll try to set my suit to overdose myself and lock my suit's joints."

Stay near the elevator, away from the tunnel.
Spoiler: B Team (click to show/hide)

You sit down next to faith on the elevator.

"You dying too?"

"Yep."

"Ah well, I guess there is a silver lining to all this."

She doesn't even try to argue back.

Time to leave. Once everyone's out, I recommend that someone with a microwave manipulator fry this tunnel.

Get out of the tunnel and back to the elevator.
You'd get right on that except for the fact that your legs are dissolving into the floor.

"Yeah, let's go."
Turn up suit temperature, help May get over near the elevator. Go back and help anyone struggling to get to the elevator.

You head over to the elevator with May. She starts looking at you with cannibalistic lust. Again.

Go back to the elevator.

Lukas kinda just dragged you to safety so...yeah, things are going pretty good for ya.

Get back to elevator. Make sure everyone is safe and snacks.

Everyone is equal parts safe and edible. You can only say from personal experience what Thomas tastes like, but you bet Milno is salty, and Faith tastes like shame.

"Oh, no. This is hardly good."

>Hurry back to the elevator, keep as much distance as possible from infected/mindfucked people without falling out or anything silly like that.

Well, you get back to the elevator but good fucking luck getting away from infected/mindfucked people, ie everyone.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12042 on: February 11, 2013, 03:51:59 am »

((Dammit, I thought I posted. Can you do my turn real quick?))

"FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK! Don'ttouchthewallsfurtherin! FUCKFUCKFUCK!"

Bishop takes a moment to take a few deep breaths to try and recollect himself as best he can.

"I think something bad just happened to me. I can feel something crawling across my skin on my face and my suit just injected something into me automatically when I touched the wall. I'm heading back and turning my suit temp up. Hopefully that works... Best you keep an eye on me incase I do something funny."

Crank up my inner suit temp up high enough as safely as possible, then unload and holster my rifle and head back the way I came. Take a good look at where I touched the wall and see if I can check out what I look like inside my suit with my facecam.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12043 on: February 11, 2013, 06:01:27 am »

Err... I hope this is a hallucination or something, because from my point of view, the floor is causing my legs to dissolve... Anyone able to find me and give me a hand, even if it is just a hallucination?

Keep trying to return to the elevator, try to think past the hallucinations if it is such.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12044 on: February 11, 2013, 06:02:41 am »

To everyone: "Hey everyone, thought I'd try something fun. You see, when my dad asked me what I wanted to be in life, I, unlike most people of the time, wanted to be a clerk in a local government office. His next question was, why a clerk? Why not a military man or something more exciting? At the time, I couldn't give him an answer. But now, I can say that this was quite possibly the best decision I had made in life. You see, you might not go on incredible adventures as a clerk, but the people you meet, well... let's just say that there is a wealth of stories I've accumulated over the years. Like that one time, I remember..."

Tell exciting stories of funny and strange people to distract people from mindfuckery. Worth a shot, right?
Pages: 1 ... 801 802 [803] 804 805 ... 1256