Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 802 803 [804] 805 806 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3832175 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Worst bombsquad in the galaxy
« Reply #12045 on: February 11, 2013, 06:28:43 am »

Name:Flint - Team C - Mining area, The tunnel of mindfuckery

Spoiler: Useless RP (click to show/hide)
"Get out of my head you fucker!", he shouted as his mind returned to the present.
Keep myself in control of my thoughts. Blast the floor of the tunnel with a short mining laser pulse.

Flint looked around and noticed Simus. "Robo-damsel in distress! Iron Man to the rescue!"

Take Simus back to the elevator area (in a totally not unromantic way). If her legs are really getting turned into gray mist close the door so that atmosphere will return and prepare to apply flamethrower to her legs.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 12:18:29 pm by Parisbre56 »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12046 on: February 11, 2013, 06:37:13 am »

(Ugh, sorry for not posting much over the last few days. I've been really sick and this is one of the few times I've felt lucid enough to post something.)

Jim continues to protect Feyri's remains. And keep mindfucked people from wandering off into the mist, if necessary.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #12047 on: February 11, 2013, 07:38:00 am »

"Heh, now you lot know what it's like to hear voices in your head all the time."
"What, I'm just a voice now? I have a name you know"
"Hey, little spoon, why did you stop being a clerk and become a criminal anyway?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12048 on: February 11, 2013, 07:43:54 am »

"Hey, little spoon, why did you stop being a clerk and become a criminal anyway?"

"It's the most amazing thing, you see, I have absolutely no idea! Must have been sometime after that party, though when exactly would that be I dare not venture to guess. Must have been something serious, since I'm here."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12049 on: February 11, 2013, 12:22:11 pm »

Missed me, so just same action again.

Praise Cog-azaon, the giver of knowledge!  Brother Lars wasn't even quite sure was a carbon-based constructor was- clearly he was being blessed with divine knowledge.

The shouting over radio comms got his attention.  Now was perhaps a good time to leave this area before he got left behind.

Seal the container and head back to the elevator.  Ponder more on the nature of the Sharkmist.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12050 on: February 11, 2013, 06:40:53 pm »

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"So, situation sounds terrible. Has the tunnel started trying to actively kill you lot or shit only happens when either you touch the grey stuff or move too far inside?" Milno asked, crossing his arms behind his head and resting. "Because it's sounding as if it is very active right now."

Look around the room for any cables or rope without moving from sitting place.

Spoiler: B Team (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12051 on: February 11, 2013, 09:31:35 pm »

Lars looked at his blessed* leader.  "Saint Milno, I was able to take a sample without anything unusual.  Perhaps the machinations of Cog-azaon protected me?  I can ask for a divine blessing from above."

*With the -ed enunciated, as in bless-ed
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12052 on: February 11, 2013, 11:30:06 pm »

((Dammit, I thought I posted. Can you do my turn real quick?))

"FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK! Don'ttouchthewallsfurtherin! FUCKFUCKFUCK!"

Bishop takes a moment to take a few deep breaths to try and recollect himself as best he can.

"I think something bad just happened to me. I can feel something crawling across my skin on my face and my suit just injected something into me automatically when I touched the wall. I'm heading back and turning my suit temp up. Hopefully that works... Best you keep an eye on me incase I do something funny."

Crank up my inner suit temp up high enough as safely as possible, then unload and holster my rifle and head back the way I came. Take a good look at where I touched the wall and see if I can check out what I look like inside my suit with my facecam.

You crank up the suit's internal temp, put your gun away and scream back toward the entrance to the tunnels.You come out a few minutes later, almost flying into the wall in the process. After collecting your wits, you take a look at your own face using the camera usually reserved for interperson communication. You look fine, sweaty, but fine.

Err... I hope this is a hallucination or something, because from my point of view, the floor is causing my legs to dissolve... Anyone able to find me and give me a hand, even if it is just a hallucination?

Keep trying to return to the elevator, try to think past the hallucinations if it is such.
Your legs flicker in and out of being and you stagger back the way you came, trying very hard not to fall over as your legs seem to exist one moment and be halfway dissolved the next. You make it a short distance back before your leg vanishes mid step and you fall flat on your face.

To everyone: "Hey everyone, thought I'd try something fun. You see, when my dad asked me what I wanted to be in life, I, unlike most people of the time, wanted to be a clerk in a local government office. His next question was, why a clerk? Why not a military man or something more exciting? At the time, I couldn't give him an answer. But now, I can say that this was quite possibly the best decision I had made in life. You see, you might not go on incredible adventures as a clerk, but the people you meet, well... let's just say that there is a wealth of stories I've accumulated over the years. Like that one time, I remember..."

Tell exciting stories of funny and strange people to distract people from mindfuckery. Worth a shot, right?
"...I was at this university, right? I was there for...well lets not get into that. Well I was there and I was talking to this secretary at the sign-in desk. She was working really hard on something, didn't seem to notice me much as I talked to her. But eventually she got up to go do something so I decided to sneak a peek at what she was doing on the computer that was so interesting.

I found a page open that had one tab that said "Universe". So I clicked it. And it gave me a list of galaxies. Like a big fucking list man, trillion pages long. I picked the first one. And then a galaxy arm, and then down and down and down until I found, nested in those lists, a man. And I clicked the list for thoughts. And it was there, man, updating every few seconds. Every coherent thought this guy had.

I clicked out of there mad fast man. Just got the hell out of the building. Wanna know the weirdest part? That guy, the one I was looking at. He was thinking 'man, this is a weird list'. "

Name:Flint - Team C - Mining area, The tunnel of mindfuckery

Spoiler: Useless RP (click to show/hide)
"Get out of my head you fucker!", he shouted as his mind returned to the present.
Keep myself in control of my thoughts. Blast the floor of the tunnel with a short mining laser pulse.

Flint looked around and noticed Simus. "Robo-damsel in distress! Iron Man to the rescue!"

Take Simus back to the elevator area (in a totally not unromantic way). If her legs are really getting turned into gray mist close the door so that atmosphere will return and prepare to apply flamethrower to her legs.

You charge back through the tunnels, filled with new resolve about saving your girl...that girl that you happen to know. You sweep her metal ass up off the ground and together you both make it back to the elevator.

(Ugh, sorry for not posting much over the last few days. I've been really sick and this is one of the few times I've felt lucid enough to post something.)

Jim continues to protect Feyri's remains. And keep mindfucked people from wandering off into the mist, if necessary.
You squat over Feyri's body like a very angry mother hen. A mother hen with giant synthflesh arms.

Missed me, so just same action again.

Praise Cog-azaon, the giver of knowledge!  Brother Lars wasn't even quite sure was a carbon-based constructor was- clearly he was being blessed with divine knowledge.

The shouting over radio comms got his attention.  Now was perhaps a good time to leave this area before he got left behind.

Seal the container and head back to the elevator.  Ponder more on the nature of the Sharkmist.
You close the container and head back to the elevator. You take a seat down with the rest of the people and look at the sample in the jar.

Hmm...it's probably made up of billions of  microscopic Chinese men.

(Cookie for the reference)

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"So, situation sounds terrible. Has the tunnel started trying to actively kill you lot or shit only happens when either you touch the grey stuff or move too far inside?" Milno asked, crossing his arms behind his head and resting. "Because it's sounding as if it is very active right now."

Look around the room for any cables or rope without moving from sitting place.

Spoiler: B Team (click to show/hide)

You don't see any thing around. This room is pretty much empty. Blast it all.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12053 on: February 11, 2013, 11:54:15 pm »

Because sweatshop jokes are always funny.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12054 on: February 12, 2013, 12:44:46 am »

"So, yeah. Weird stuff, huh? Well, I suppose it's time for doing things again. I like doing things, you know."

Once everyone is out (if they aren't already all out), use MFM to heat up a small portion of one side of the tunnel about two thousand kelvins.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 09:20:37 am by Harry Baldman »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12055 on: February 12, 2013, 03:59:29 am »

If I can still see, examine that chunk of wall I ripped off.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #12056 on: February 12, 2013, 05:23:25 am »

Lukas

Lukas looks around to see if everyone is accounted for.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12057 on: February 12, 2013, 05:38:15 am »

Name:Flint - Team C - Main Elevator

"There you go, everything is fine now. Well, except for your legs. But don't worry, we'll fix that later." said Flint as he gently set Simus down on the elevator. "Now where were we... Oh, right, hole!"

Prepare to carefully use the mining laser to open a hole to the wall so that power can be pumped directly to the servos (go-go-gadget dynamic bonus). Ponder where the control computer for the elevator could be.

Once everyone is out, should anyone still be inside the tunnels, use MFM to heat up a small portion of one side of the tunnel about two thousand kelvins.
((Doesn't this mean "Do nothing"? Because once everybody is out, nobody will be in the tunnels, so you won't heat the tunnel.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12058 on: February 12, 2013, 06:30:27 am »

Okay, that was just a hallucination. I don't have to deal with being legless... again.

So, who wants to roast the tunnel and declare the level cleared?

Focus past the hallucinations.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12059 on: February 12, 2013, 08:58:58 am »

"If heat kills it, we could just heat the first part of the tunnel, check that out, then heat the next part, and so on, right?"
Pages: 1 ... 802 803 [804] 805 806 ... 1256