Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 805 806 [807] 808 809 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3832401 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Worst bombsquad in the galaxy
« Reply #12090 on: February 13, 2013, 02:30:46 pm »

((The vacuum is an interesting point.  Send Jim and Stacy here alone- Jim hovers Stacy and Stacy applies extreme heat.  Stacy, being suspended in vacuum, doesn't get vibrated.))
((More like Bishop hovering with Stacy or Jim. Because Jim can get tired or roll low and then... But we'll figure that out once we get out of this floor.

If we're safe next floor and people want to continue exploring the tunnels (highly unlikely) I'll go interrogate the doctor for more info while you sort out who carries the wounded back up and who initiates plan "hovering sun".

Maybe people who can hover should try hovering? It should help them get better and not die. Because both Miyamoto and Bishop started feeling ultra bad when they touched the tunnel.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12091 on: February 13, 2013, 02:33:40 pm »

((NB: That was only a semi-serious suggestion.  But if someone really wants to try it, go for it.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12092 on: February 13, 2013, 02:34:23 pm »

(Me rolling low is unlikely; the lowest I can roll is 3, I believe. I have either at least 9 or 12 ExoWep skill - which is a permanent +1, and if I'm correct about it being 12 another 1/3 chance of an additional +1 - and then a permanent +1 from class. Then I have a decompensator that works 1/3rd of the time, so usually I should be rolling 3-5... although I have gotten some overshoots this mission. >.>

But yeah, I'm not going to try it either. I'm for reporting this mission as done and suggesting to Command that they nuke the hell out of this colony.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12093 on: February 13, 2013, 04:20:22 pm »

((@SerCon: By now, I'm not even sure what's the best option aside from the obvious (escape). You could ask the more scientifically-oriented people.

The only bad idea was trying to "kill" the wall without giving much or any warning about it when we had already seen what happens when you mess with the sharkmist, and that wasn't you.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12094 on: February 13, 2013, 04:24:28 pm »

(I know. :P I just don't want to do anything that might end up killing any of us, let alone most or all - which it seems dealing with the mist either way is going to do.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12095 on: February 13, 2013, 04:31:07 pm »

((While I'm quite curious as to what lies in the tunnel, I think we're in a Mission Six situation here- time to cut our losses and run.

Lars did get a sample of the wall, though, so it's not a total loss.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12096 on: February 13, 2013, 07:41:50 pm »

((I say pull a mission 4 and scram before it blows.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12097 on: February 13, 2013, 07:59:08 pm »

(Seconded.)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12098 on: February 13, 2013, 08:05:25 pm »

(Seconded.)

((You do know what a Mission 4 means, yes?))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12099 on: February 13, 2013, 08:12:49 pm »

(The dam star, yes. I'm all for someone with a microwave manipulator staying down here and blowing everything up while the rest of us get out. :P)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12100 on: February 13, 2013, 08:17:45 pm »

(The dam star, yes. I'm all for someone with a microwave manipulator staying down here and blowing everything up while the rest of us get out. :P)

(( :o

... And this, fellow players, is how to get one of the more distressingly sane among us to advocate purposefully replicating the one event that has caused the most PKs at once.

... Just don't get me to do it. I did it once, and that's more than enough for me.

Oh, and if anyone's interested, Ehndras is about to launch his Hyperion RP.))
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 08:19:28 pm by PyroDesu »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12101 on: February 13, 2013, 08:23:58 pm »

(Hey, now. I'm just fooling around until the turn is rolled. For all we know we're all already dead. :-\ And honestly I'm still not sure heating it up is a good idea; I mean, yes, it did get rid of the much smaller amount of mist in the hospital, but that didn't seem to be part of the 'main body' as it were, like this is. It might regenerate if we burn it away, unless there's a core to destroy or something.

Really, all I'm in favor of is GTFO and obliterating the colony - if not the planet - from orbit.)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12102 on: February 13, 2013, 08:48:15 pm »

((Welp.

Also guys, there's a slight complication with your valiant efforts to grab my carcass and run- I'm sitting in that mining suit. You're going to either need Miyamoto or Lukas to haul me out in that thing, or pry me out first. And then ideally have someone pilot it up for me. :<))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12103 on: February 13, 2013, 09:14:12 pm »

((We could always grab the man-portable portion of you.  Let someone, say, May, hold on to it for safekeeping.

I rather think destroying it in-place rather than the entire planet is the best bet- don't want little bits of it floating out to menace another colony.  Unless, of course, Steve just wants to tow it out of orbit and chuck it into the local sun.  Praise be.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12104 on: February 13, 2013, 11:06:00 pm »

((Yeah, this has gone to hell in a handbasket real quick. I agree with getting the hell outta dodge, shock implants or not.

((We could always grab the man-portable portion of you.  Let someone, say, May, hold on to it for safekeeping.

I rather think destroying it in-place rather than the entire planet is the best bet- don't want little bits of it floating out to menace another colony.  Unless, of course, Steve just wants to tow it out of orbit and chuck it into the local sun.  Praise be.))

Dear Pathmas, he's even praising Steve in OOC!))
Pages: 1 ... 805 806 [807] 808 809 ... 1256