Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 817 818 [819] 820 821 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 2633310 times)

PyroDesu

  • Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: On the highway out of Hell.
« Reply #12270 on: February 19, 2013, 11:06:14 am »

((-edited because of new info-))
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 11:39:11 am by PyroDesu »
Logged
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: On the highway out of Hell.
« Reply #12271 on: February 19, 2013, 11:15:23 am »

ATTN: The area above the iris is free of mist already. For now at least. So all the actions trying to clear it are a bit late. Premature, depending on how you see things.

Also, use of aster-ex that close is probably a terrible terrible idea unless you like dying from shockwave induced hemorrhaging or shrapnel. 

Caellath

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Worst bombsquad in the galaxy
« Reply #12272 on: February 19, 2013, 12:19:25 pm »

Team B Almost Corpse Leader

Milno opens an eye at the commotion, still groggy and feeling like shit thrown down a very deep chasm with sharp rocks at its bottom.
"Damn, I just wanted to rest a bit."

If the numb and almost dead limbs have regained a bit of functionality, prepare to turn on the EMM to dodge and help the team escape if the worst happens. If still almost dead, just prepare anyway.
Logged
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Pancaek

  • Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: On the highway out of Hell.
« Reply #12273 on: February 19, 2013, 04:26:57 pm »

"I hate this place, can we go home now?"

Brace myself for horribleness. make sure feyri's body hasn't been eaten up by stray sharkmist. Ponder the meaning of it all.
Logged

Prosperus

  • Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: On the highway out of Hell.
« Reply #12274 on: February 20, 2013, 03:12:27 am »

ATTN: The area above the iris is free of mist already. For now at least. So all the actions trying to clear it are a bit late. Premature, depending on how you see things.

Also, use of aster-ex that close is probably a terrible terrible idea unless you like dying from shockwave induced hemorrhaging or shrapnel.

((I have to admit that I don't really get it. Is my action going to kill us all, for example? In that case I would like to edit.))
Logged
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Sean Mirrsen

  • Bay Watcher
  • Resident GM
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: On the highway out of Hell.
« Reply #12275 on: February 20, 2013, 04:01:12 am »

((Aster-Ex, as I gathered, is a pretty powerful explosive. A pretty powerful conventional explosive. 200g of TNT, if you were to detonate them in a confined space like this shaft, would knock most of everyone back and impose a severe case of ringing ears and disorientation. 200g of Aster-Ex, as far as I understand, would knock the platform off of Myamoto's shoulders and impose severe cases of limb loss and debris impalement on everyone not inside power armor.))

Prosperus

  • Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: On the highway out of Hell.
« Reply #12276 on: February 20, 2013, 04:35:20 am »

((Aster-Ex, as I gathered, is a pretty powerful explosive. A pretty powerful conventional explosive. 200g of TNT, if you were to detonate them in a confined space like this shaft, would knock most of everyone back and impose a severe case of ringing ears and disorientation. 200g of Aster-Ex, as far as I understand, would knock the platform off of Myamoto's shoulders and impose severe cases of limb loss and debris impalement on everyone not inside power armor.))

((And is aster-ex what is behind the hospital door? Sorry for being oblivious about what is currently going on.))
Logged
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Sean Mirrsen

  • Bay Watcher
  • Resident GM
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: On the highway out of Hell.
« Reply #12277 on: February 20, 2013, 04:53:49 am »

((Behind the hospital door is an un-suited suicidal doctor who has claimed to have a 1/8th Kiloton Nuclear Charge hidden in the hospital, set to detonate on a dead-man's switch in case he dies. Since he has no suit, and the shaft below is rapidly draining of air, he'll suffocate and die, detonating the nuke. Since the nuke is not a conventional explosive, it won't create a shockwave, but will rather create a burst of radiant heat and hard radiation, which will stream out through the hospital level entrance and, hopefully, disrupt the whatever is coming up the shaft. The team, being quite far away and separated from the nuke by quite a lot of rock and metal, isn't going to be affected at all.

Simus, on the other hand, has a chunk of Aster-Ex explosive that she's planning to use. Which might end badly.))

PyroDesu

  • Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: On the highway out of Hell.
« Reply #12278 on: February 20, 2013, 06:04:41 am »

((Simus, on the other hand, has a chunk of Aster-Ex explosive that she's planning to use. Which might end badly.))

((Aren't you glad I got rid of that action?))
Logged
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Prosperus

  • Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: On the highway out of Hell.
« Reply #12279 on: February 20, 2013, 07:43:02 am »

((Behind the hospital door is an un-suited suicidal doctor who has claimed to have a 1/8th Kiloton Nuclear Charge hidden in the hospital, set to detonate on a dead-man's switch in case he dies. Since he has no suit, and the shaft below is rapidly draining of air, he'll suffocate and die, detonating the nuke. Since the nuke is not a conventional explosive, it won't create a shockwave, but will rather create a burst of radiant heat and hard radiation, which will stream out through the hospital level entrance and, hopefully, disrupt the whatever is coming up the shaft. The team, being quite far away and separated from the nuke by quite a lot of rock and metal, isn't going to be affected at all.

Simus, on the other hand, has a chunk of Aster-Ex explosive that she's planning to use. Which might end badly.))

((Ah, thanks for clearing things up. I'll stick to my action.))

Logged
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Toaster

  • Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: On the highway out of Hell.
« Reply #12280 on: February 20, 2013, 08:33:17 am »

((How deep is the shaft?  Could always just drop that aster-ex.))
Logged
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Prosperus

  • Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: On the highway out of Hell.
« Reply #12281 on: February 20, 2013, 08:39:39 am »

((How deep is the shaft?  Could always just drop that aster-ex.))

((Isn't there a song about that? Just replace 'love' with 'shaft' and 'fools' with 'pain.' Boy, that actually makes this song pretty disturbing.

))
Logged
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Spinal_Taper

  • Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: On the highway out of Hell.
« Reply #12282 on: February 20, 2013, 12:40:37 pm »

Thomas backed up a little from the mist, and risked a glance at May.
"May? How are you doing?"
Hit any remaining mist with a wide angle blast of laser fire.
Logged

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: On the highway out of Hell.
« Reply #12283 on: February 20, 2013, 02:07:18 pm »

Sorry about the lack of post last night. I bought Metal Gear Rising and started playing around noon, telling myself I'd stop at 6 or so to do the post. Next thing I know it's 2 o'clock at night. Damn you platinum.

"Flint, let me have a go," Jim said, walking over to the hole the man was standing other.

If Flint allows him, Jim will look through the hole and use his Microwave Amp on the mist in an attempt to get rid of as much as possible, while the rest work on getting rid of the iris. Otherwise, Jim will attempt to use his Manipulation Amp to try and force the iris to bend up and away so the elevator can get through.

(Edited since the first part of the action was pointless.)
[exo:5+1+1-2 decomp]
You point at the iris and it opens like a flower, each section of the iris bending up and out, flattening itself against the upper floor with a rather interesting metallic squealing noise. The same thing happens to the iris just above it, allowing passage on towards the first level.

That done, you stop on the elevator platform a few times, yelling "Ding ding, rocket express out of shitsville, leaving goddamn now!" over the radio.


Lukas

Lukas looks down. "Fuck me! What is that?!"

Shoot my gauss gatling gun at the hospital door in an attempt to open it. Use bullseye mode (it has been a while since I used it, right?)
(You can't hit it from where you are, but...)

You let go of the wall and fall back to the 3rd floor. You catch the lip of the shaft with one hand and lift yourself into the level. You take a few steps over, press the open door button on the hospital area and then promptly turn your ass around and run. You leap back into the shaft and start climbing, the sound of venting atmosphere growing quiet behind you as you make it back to the bottom of the elevator.


>Repeat my last action.

>Try not to die.
I can't find your last action, so I'm gonna assume it was weeing yourself .

You continue to wee yourself. You try not to drown in it. You succeed.

Name:Flint - Team C - Main Elevator
"Flint, let me have a go," Jim said, walking over to the hole the man was standing under.
@Jim:"Sure thing, Roboboy."

Once everyone is done messing with the mist over the iris, use the laser to cut it open.

@Miyamoto:"Boss? We're cutting the iris up here. Ready to move?"

HA!

Now you've been destruction-blocked. Doesn't feel good, does it? Standing there with that enormous, hot laser in your hand, all revved up but with nothing to do. You could shoot it off on your own, if you want, but thats not as fun as decimating a nice hole is it? IS IT?!



"Jim, get this thing out of the way! We're getting the fuck out of here! NOW!"

Brace myself as best I can for whatever happens. Desperately try to contact command or anyone and let them know shit is going down!

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

"Static"

"WE'RE GONNA DIE!"

"Static"

"FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOL....WELL FOR THE LOVE OF A BUNCH OF CONVICTS TRAPPED IN A HOLE, HELP US!"

"Bitch, what part of STATIC do you not understand!"

"Come on, baby, I can change! You Know I love you."

"STATIC!"


@Miyamoto:"Boss? We're cutting the iris up here. Ready to move?"

"Always. But, there is something big coming up the shaft right now, probably the macromist we disturbed earlier. And if it gets too close, I'll be going up whether that iris is fully open or not, cause if that shit engulfs us, it's game over. So tell the people on the platform to get a move on!"

Start pushing up once I get confirmation passage is safe, or when the whatever-down-below comes too close (like, say a few meters below my feet).

"At this point I don't really care if you keep all your limbs inside the ride. But if you don't they're gonna get cut off. Just putting that out there."

You reengage your rockets and the platform lifts slowly, grinding it's way up through the second level and on toward the first. Unsurprisingly, the first floor iris is closed as well. However, it's not bowed out or damaged, at least thats what the people the the platform say.

Come to think of it...how exactly are you going to get out of under this platform...


((I'm going to assume that was addressed to Lars and not me.))


Brother Lars's eyes bulged.  Steve the almighty!  A message from the divine!  He started shouting over the radio.

"Brothers and sisters!  I have heard the voice of Steve again!  He commands us to go forth and destroy in His great name!  We are to explode everything in our way!  Sister Simus!  To your grenade launcher!  Brothers Jim and Stacy!  To your... magic fire!  Everyone!  Fire at will!  O Ingram, guide our bullets and guns!  O Pathmas, may we be ever in your favor!  Praise Steve and bring glory to his name!"



Preach fire and brimstone.  Pull out rifle and shoot anything that menaces us.

You perform your personal rendition of "Firestarter" while zipping about on the platform, waving your weapon in people's faces and pointing repeatedly at the ceiling for some reason.


Okay people, out of the way. Time for me to be useful again. Jim, or someone else with a microwave manipulation device, stand by, if this doesn't work, you're my back up.

And I recommend everyone moves as far away from the hole in the iris as they can. This is an explosive, after all, and the iris has already been weakened.


"Ready to cook any and all threats, ma'am!"

Stand as close to the wall as I can, stand ready to use MFM to melt any mist that might appear and try something funny.

"Oi, you looking at me Mate? I'll have you, I will. Swear on me mum, I'll have ya."

You point in the vague direction of the mist on the second floor and thug it up hard.

 

Team B Almost Corpse Leader

Milno opens an eye at the commotion, still groggy and feeling like shit thrown down a very deep chasm with sharp rocks at its bottom.
"Damn, I just wanted to rest a bit."

If the numb and almost dead limbs have regained a bit of functionality, prepare to turn on the EMM to dodge and help the team escape if the worst happens. If still almost dead, just prepare anyway.

You turn on the EMM and your rockets all kick on, pushing you up into a standing position and holding you there with quick bursts of exhaust. You're a puppet on rocket strings. 

"I hate this place, can we go home now?"

Brace myself for horribleness. make sure feyri's body hasn't been eaten up by stray sharkmist. Ponder the meaning of it all.
You gather all of feyri's bits and bobs into a pile on your lap and ponder whats going on.

ANOTHER GLORIOUS DAY IN THE CORPS! THAT'S WHAT!


Thomas backed up a little from the mist, and risked a glance at May.
"May? How are you doing?"
Hit any remaining mist with a wide angle blast of laser fire.

You sir, can join Flint in the "Has a Turgid laser but can't do anything with it" club.

Harry Baldman

  • Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: On the highway out of Hell.
« Reply #12284 on: February 20, 2013, 02:16:39 pm »

"Well, whatever is up there does not seem very keen on expanding rapidly. I suppose that's good. And good things are good. Very good, actually. You might even say that they are totally bangin', should you feel inclined to."

"That is, unless we're dealing with something more clever and thoroughly vile than the mist down there. It could happen. Which would be a bad thing, I suppose."

Have none of any mist-tricks. Have none of them with my totally amazing magical pocket calculator. Stand ready along the edge of the elevator to have none of them very intensely in a totally melty way, should it prove necessary. Set attitude to maximum magical thugging.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 817 818 [819] 820 821 ... 1256