Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 819 820 [821] 822 823 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3830518 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: On the highway out of Hell.
« Reply #12300 on: February 21, 2013, 02:52:16 am »

"Sounds like a plan.  I guess the whole rescuing civilians bit is out the window, then?  We're back to killing the innocent bystanders who're standing kind of in front of where we're walking?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12301 on: February 21, 2013, 03:12:49 am »

Once everybody is out of the lift, push elevator all the way to the ceiling and wait for Lucas to get out of the shaft, then get out myself. Also, check fuel level.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #12302 on: February 21, 2013, 03:43:54 am »

Once everybody is out of the lift, push elevator all the way to the ceiling and wait for Lucas to get out of the shaft, then get out myself. Also, check fuel level.

"Great work, brother. We'll be out of here in no time."

If Miyamoto's plan works, get out of the shaft and assist Miyamoto in getting out himself. If the plans doesn't work, use brute force to make an entry through the elevator floor and help Miyamoto get out that way.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12303 on: February 21, 2013, 04:56:44 am »

If our robotic overlords can't get out of the elevator help them via laser cut hole. Else get out of the way and see if I can see where the sharkmist is coming from.

EDIT: Oh, and take Faith's exosuit with me if no one else does. We can't leave our precious loot behind.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 10:57:24 am by Parisbre56 »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12304 on: February 21, 2013, 07:52:55 am »

"I wish it was as straight forward as a giant killbot right about now... Anyway, time to get the hell out of this shithole before Steve gets any ideas with a nuke or something! C'mon Milno!"

Grab Milno and book it with Jim and co. Make sure that we both avoid the sharkmist as much as possible.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12305 on: February 21, 2013, 08:27:01 am »

"Simus, should we consider putting that bomb down the shaft once we're clear?"

GTFO with the group.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #12306 on: February 21, 2013, 10:25:26 am »

Follow the team out, keep an eye out and prepare for more maritime predator mist

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12307 on: February 21, 2013, 10:26:24 am »

"Great work, brother. We'll be out of here in no time."

If Miyamoto's plan works, get out of the shaft and assist Miyamoto in getting out himself. If the plans doesn't work, use brute force to make an entry through the elevator floor and help Miyamoto get out that way.

"Hey, It was your great idea that got the Team up here in the first place, I'm simply providing the jet rockets to do it."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12308 on: February 21, 2013, 10:47:34 am »

Thomas walks over to May and takes her hand in his, pulling her up.
"Here, let me help you up. You want me to carry you or anything?"
Skedaddle.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12309 on: February 21, 2013, 11:21:15 am »

Grab Milno and book it with Jim and co. Make sure that we both avoid the sharkmist as much as possible.
((Zako, I'm already up and moving. The rockets are acting like the strings of a puppet, no need to carry Milno.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12310 on: February 21, 2013, 12:30:11 pm »

((Warning:  Horrible MSPaint Fanart alert!))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12311 on: February 21, 2013, 02:00:03 pm »

The Team, whats left of it, unloads from the elevator with their gear and bits of teammates in hand. As Miyamoto and Lukas tear the elevator from it's tracks and jam it into the ceiling something rumbles a few levels down and everyone's suits beep a radiation warning.

"Guess he really had a nuke after all." Miyamoto mumbles, jamming the elevator back into place over the hole.

"Guess so." Milno says, weakly flexing his fingers, "Not that it matters now."

The team follows Jim through Long range Coms and Temporary storage out toward the loading and unloading area of the Hanger. There's no sign of the mist, but beams of macromist several feet thick are pushing their way up through the floor like sprouting plants. They're vibrating at a low frequency, the team can feel it through their boots as they walk near them, and playing havoc with electronic equipment. The radios squeal with static and video feeds distort.

They reach the hanger without incident and find it's doors to the planet surface wide open. And beyond those doors is a world very different from the one they saw when they entered. Everywhere, for miles in all directions, as far as they can see, is now dominated by enormous macromist structures. They've sprouted from the ground like Pythagoras trees, and grown hundreds of stories tall, branching into complex fractal shapes. Despite the lack of atmosphere there is a crushing presence to these things, some form of resonance that everyone can sense even if they can't feel it. Some are filled with terror, others with paranoia, or anger, and some shift rapidly between despair and rage. As they struggle to control themselves, a message flashes up into the collective vision.

>SIgnAL-*(#$L@#KJ)F-stOrtEd))))))))#(#RE_RE_REturn2-30-235)($%#!_SSHUttttle

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12312 on: February 21, 2013, 02:05:59 pm »

"Whoa, you guys. That's the awesomest... and most ENRAGING... and yet somehow saddening thing I've ever seen."

Take pictures! Follow the team. Be prepared to return to a shuttle if there indeed is one. Make sure not to melt any mist things around here.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #12313 on: February 21, 2013, 02:33:51 pm »

"Shit.  You think we did that?  What even happened to everybody up here?"
Return to shuttle with the rest of the team.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12314 on: February 21, 2013, 02:36:16 pm »

"You heard the Steve! Move your asses to the shuttle you worthless pieces of criminal scum! I didn't come hear to die! I don't want to die!"
As Flint was filled with rage and despair, old memories coming to haunt him once more, there was also another feeling. This thing, however terrible, was also beautiful. He was preplexed. Why would it cause anger to them? Why didn't it just instill fear in them and make them leave? Except... Except if that was what IT was feeling. They had come here and disturbed its natural habitat, cutting of chunks of it and melting it. If someone had come into his house and done those things he would probably have reacted in the same way. What am I thinking? It's an alien. It can't feel the same way we feel. It's probably some kind of weapon. Yet he felt compelled to try. This was the last chance of this being resolved peacefully. He was probably a speck of dust compared to the planet's intellect, yet he had to try.

Continue forward towards the possible SSHUttttle, carrying anyone unable to move. In the meantime meditate, calm my mind, try to convey to the sharkmist a feeling of peace and remorse and ask for its calmness and its forgiveness, while telling it that we are leaving and never bothering it again, in an effort to calm the mist.

((I'm once again trying the talk my way out of trouble approach then the laser my way out of trouble approach. Not a large chance it will work, but still, it doesn't hurt to try. I just wouldn't like to see this planet turned into a radioactive blob.))

((Warning:  Horrible MSPaint Fanart alert!))
((The red EXIT sign immediately made me think of Doom.))
Pages: 1 ... 819 820 [821] 822 823 ... 1256