Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 841 842 [843] 844 845 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3808613 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Missions 9: Anyone got some bolts?
« Reply #12630 on: March 08, 2013, 04:48:04 pm »

Grinning broadly at the medical facilities presented to him, Mesk flicks the switch to broadcast to the entire team.
"Mesk here.  Medbay looks more than adequate, here... as long as you all don't fuck up too badly, I can keep you alive for the next year.  Don't expect me to bring you back if you die, though."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12631 on: March 08, 2013, 04:50:34 pm »

"Okay heads up, there don't seem to be any gravity wells around the base, aside from, you know, the giant fucking crater next to us. And waaaaaaayyyy down there I see whats left of the last team here. Father, if ya wanna do last rites, now's the time."

Count the bodies and check which side they most likely entered, search for a vehicle in the crater, then head to the armory, and check inventory.

((Well, we are most likely going to be in contact with the AI more or less constantly. It would make sense to protect it from anything hostile, due to the fact it would have a record of the mission, and possibly our demise.))
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 09:49:45 am by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12632 on: March 08, 2013, 04:51:16 pm »

"But I have asked not to activa... Ah, never mind."

Check out the Leader Leader's Quarters. Take the clothing and other personal belongings that the people before us left behind and dump them into a corner. Make sure nothings breaks.

Actually, I've always wondered what the datapads look like. Are they just tablets?

((Funny how we decided to not boot up the AI yet, and it gets booted up anyway.

And I'd recommend disabling the laser weapons for now (and possibly even taking them with us so we have more guns,) but you know, too late for that. I actually wonder if these weapons would do more good if we relocated them to the entrance of the base, so they could respond to outside threats.))
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 04:54:41 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12633 on: March 08, 2013, 06:00:03 pm »

For the people here who are not robots, the life support's all good, and with the AI online, the base should be becoming habitable again.

Head to the Command Center.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12634 on: March 08, 2013, 06:14:49 pm »

boot up sensor array, try to configure them to detect gravimetric distortions like the one right outside, if successful download the scanning frequencies and upload them into a few mapping drones
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12635 on: March 08, 2013, 06:52:46 pm »

Go to the AI CORE.

"Hey there computer, this is Miyamoto de Bergerac. I am the expedition leader, and we're here to explore this rock for the next year or so. Now, could you perform a scan of the base and see if everything is in order?"

Jack crosses his arms over his chest then talks to Miyamoto"So what should we do as the base seems to back online."
Try to turn on as many of the computers as possible including the holoprojector if no suggested action is given if one is given follow it.

"Why the rush? Just look around some more, we'll start exploring the planetoid in a day or two."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12636 on: March 08, 2013, 08:28:52 pm »

Check the kitchen to see where they keep the nutrient packs for those of us with robot bodies and take an inventory of them.

"Well, here we are."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #12637 on: March 08, 2013, 08:35:19 pm »

((Ok good))

Check the armoury contents
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #12638 on: March 08, 2013, 08:55:03 pm »

((Er... Are signups closed, or... can I join?))
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12639 on: March 08, 2013, 09:00:07 pm »

((Head to the On-Ship thread, and post yur d00d.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12640 on: March 08, 2013, 09:25:48 pm »

Lars nods.  "Praise to the gods."  He then heads to the medbay to continue his work.

"All praise be to Emar-i the Fleshwalker!  May he protect us and guide the hands of our doctors as they care for us!"

Inscribe the Eye of Emar-i on the medical equipment.

((Sorry Mesk, but Emar-i likes "those who practice medicine proficiently and do not ineptly injure or kill their patients."))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12641 on: March 08, 2013, 10:00:14 pm »

"Woops, looks like this AI was rigged to start up automatically when I used the console. Well, doesn't matter now I guess.

Computer, what is your designation, purpose and current condition? Go ahead and run a self diagnostic before you answer. Also, what should we call you?"

Ask and after recieving my answers, check the AI to see if it's working properly and what it's currently doing and not doing.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12642 on: March 08, 2013, 11:12:38 pm »

"Woops, looks like this AI was rigged to start up automatically when I used the console. Well, doesn't matter now I guess.

Computer, what is your designation, purpose and current condition? Go ahead and run a self diagnostic before you answer. Also, what should we call you?"

Ask and after recieving my answers, check the AI to see if it's working properly and what it's currently doing and not doing.

((It told you its designation and what to call it, when you booted it up. It's Alvin.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12643 on: March 08, 2013, 11:38:39 pm »

((It might want it as something else, it is an intelligence after all. And Alvin might just be the version of the AI or something. I'm just checking, just incase.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12644 on: March 08, 2013, 11:40:52 pm »

((As you will, then.

Also, since Miyamoto has a battlesuit, i think he'd be more suited (ha ha) as the field commander, so I might end up as a Mission Control of some sort.))
Pages: 1 ... 841 842 [843] 844 845 ... 1256