Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 843 844 [845] 846 847 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3829973 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Missions 9: Anyone got some bolts?
« Reply #12660 on: March 09, 2013, 10:38:24 am »

((We won't really need "mission control" as long as the AI works. We'll just need a body or three back at the base to keep an eye on it.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12661 on: March 09, 2013, 10:47:56 am »

((We need three skills back at base: A driver/repairman (AUX & HAN) a fleshtech (AUX & MED) and a soldier. I believe Simus and Mesk fit these criteria. If I were team leader I'd choose them and maybe a MK1 team member (maybe Anton since he has HAN skill) to stay at the base.)))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12662 on: March 09, 2013, 01:42:04 pm »

((At the base would be the safest and likely most useful place for Anton, yes. Low dexterity, lackluster combat skills, and a MkI suit don't lend themselves well to field survival.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12663 on: March 09, 2013, 01:50:08 pm »

((At least Jack has a Civic defenders longcoat as well.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12664 on: March 09, 2013, 05:12:24 pm »

"Howdy there Alvin. Name's Flint, Flint Westwood. We're the HMRC team they sent to explore this place. How're you doing? Everything OK here? How have the last years been treating you?"

Assuming I heard the message, greet the AI and chat with the it. Wonder how high my exosuit can jump with those jump rockets in the planetoid's gravity, if there is a way to change the jump height and if they can be refueled with fuel from those fuel tanks. Plug my laser's battery in a wall socket or something appropriate to recharge, leave my exosuit in the garage and go to the CCR.

((Also, thanks for the thanks for the notes. I'll try to keep 'em up to date.
Edit: Updated my notes with the equipment/POIs of the base. Check it out here.))
You didn't hear alvin- his speech isn't broadcasted on the radio, it's localized- You can adjust the force of the jump pods, but you're not sure how high you'll as it is. You're pretty sure you can refuel from the fuel tanks. You plug the laser into the generator and get out of your exosuit before making your way to the CCR and watching as the Monitors click on one at a time.

Jack crosses his arms over his chest then talks to Miyamoto"So what should we do as the base seems to back online."

Try to turn on as many of the computers as possible including the holoprojector if no suggested action is given if one is given follow it.
You turn on the holoprojector in the Planning room. It displays a test pattern. Hm, must need a feed or data or something like that.

"Okay heads up, there don't seem to be any gravity wells around the base, aside from, you know, the giant fucking crater next to us. And waaaaaaayyyy down there I see whats left of the last team here. Father, if ya wanna do last rites, now's the time."

Count the bodies and check which side they most likely entered, search for a vehicle in the crater, then head to the armory, and check inventory.

((Well, we are most likely going to be in contact with the AI more or less constantly. It would make sense to protect it from anything hostile, due to the fact it would have a record of the mission, and possibly our demise.))

Hard to tell what constitutes bodies, vehicles or pretty much anything. Judging from the damage to the crater walls it looks like they started down on the side nearest the base, headed down and then ended up rolling down the steep walls of the crater. Hard to tell exactly what went down; maybe the gravity increased suddenly and they found themselves trapped, quicksand-like, unable to climb back out. Maybe they were tied together and one dragged the rest down. Regardless of how it happened, there's nothing left of them but a crushed, flat metal pallet down near the bottom. You can't even tell how many of them there were originally.

You head back inside and check out the armory. It's a small room with two racks of rifles and some boxes of magazines. The rifles are standard Gauss and Laser, marked with giant "NOT FOR RESALE" inscriptions, same with the magazines and batteries for them.

"But I have asked not to activa... Ah, never mind."

Check out the Leader Leader's Quarters. Take the clothing and other personal belongings that the people before us left behind and dump them into a corner. Make sure nothings breaks.

Actually, I've always wondered what the datapads look like. Are they just tablets?

(What, never heard of sleep mode? Datapads are tablets that have replaced paper documents in most cases. They're fairly ubiquitous and cheap although not very powerful computation wise.)

The team leader's room is protected by a biometric lock. Hmm.

((Funny how we decided to not boot up the AI yet, and it gets booted up anyway.

And I'd recommend disabling the laser weapons for now (and possibly even taking them with us so we have more guns,) but you know, too late for that. I actually wonder if these weapons would do more good if we relocated them to the entrance of the base, so they could respond to outside threats.))

For the people here who are not robots, the life support's all good, and with the AI online, the base should be becoming habitable again.

Head to the Command Center.
You climb the ladder back up, thankful for your tireless mechanical body, and sit down in one of the chairs as the monitors in the CCR blink back on. They show camera feeds from around the base, as well as several that display static.

boot up sensor array, try to configure them to detect gravimetric distortions like the one right outside, if successful download the scanning frequencies and upload them into a few mapping drones
[Aux:2]
You hover your hands above the keyboards in the CCR and bite your lip. You have no idea what you're doing.

Go to the AI CORE.

"Hey there computer, this is Miyamoto de Bergerac. I am the expedition leader, and we're here to explore this rock for the next year or so. Now, could you perform a scan of the base and see if everything is in order?"

Jack crosses his arms over his chest then talks to Miyamoto"So what should we do as the base seems to back online."
Try to turn on as many of the computers as possible including the holoprojector if no suggested action is given if one is given follow it.

"Why the rush? Just look around some more, we'll start exploring the planetoid in a day or two."

You slide down the ladder to the AI core and announce your presence. The AI's display changes to that of a blank screen with the outline of a generic handprint on it.

>CONFIRMING PREVIOUS TEAM STATUS
>OPENING FOR NEW TEAM LEADER CONFIRMED
>NEW TEAM LEADER VOICE PRINT ACQUIRED.
>NEW TEAM LEADER HAND PRINT REQUIRED.

Check the kitchen to see where they keep the nutrient packs for those of us with robot bodies and take an inventory of them.

"Well, here we are."
The nutrient packs are keep in a few crates next to massive square water containers. Each one is good for a week and, judging by the numbers printed on each box,you have enough for 5 people for 58 weeks. Well, thats a pretty good surplus for the brain bots, so at least you don't have to worry about that.

((Ok good))

Check the armoury contents
10 rifles in total, 5 laser, 5 gauss. About 10 extra magazines/batteries for each type.

Lars nods.  "Praise to the gods."  He then heads to the medbay to continue his work.

"All praise be to Emar-i the Fleshwalker!  May he protect us and guide the hands of our doctors as they care for us!"

Inscribe the Eye of Emar-i on the medical equipment.

((Sorry Mesk, but Emar-i likes "those who practice medicine proficiently and do not ineptly injure or kill their patients."))
You start tearing open the sterile instrument packages and doodling on the scalpels before mesk shoos you out, proclaiming that "If anyone is going to give someone sepsis through gross incompetence, it's going to be me."

"Woops, looks like this AI was rigged to start up automatically when I used the console. Well, doesn't matter now I guess.

Computer, what is your designation, purpose and current condition? Go ahead and run a self diagnostic before you answer. Also, what should we call you?"

Ask and after recieving my answers, check the AI to see if it's working properly and what it's currently doing and not doing.
Alvin seems to be ignoring you in favor of demanding high fives from Miyamoto.
((I think since you're both the Science Officer and the second-in-command, being Mission Control would be the perfect spot for you - in a more routine situation. Out here, a science officer in a robot body might be more useful out in the field.))

Anton sighed. "Oh well, there goes the caution thing. Let's just hope it's not in control of our built-in shock prods."

Move to the Armory, make a list of available items - gear as well as spare parts and components for manufacture.
I think you've got it from previous posts. There aren't any caches of spare parts or components for manufacturing anything. It's an emergency armory but the look of it, not something they expected to get regular use.

"Ah, come on guys, with all the mystery and mind-fuckery. I say we keep as far away from that crater as we can. Let's just assume that the former crew was stupid enough to collectively fuck up...Just for the sake of my own sanity. I just got here."

Go hang around in the garage and check whether I would be able to use any of the vehicles (given my size and all)
If by "use" you mean "Pick up and play with like kid with a toy spaceship" then yeah, you can totally use them. About the best you can do is cling to the bottom of the shuttle you all rode in on.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12665 on: March 09, 2013, 05:25:48 pm »

((Uhhh piecewise you did swap my character out for the fleshtech one right?
I posted a revised sheet on thread and radio did mention it in his mission roster that i should be the medic and not the rifleman.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

search the base for the personal belongings of the previous crew,  steal some clothes and a datapad if found.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 05:56:14 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12666 on: March 09, 2013, 05:34:53 pm »

Help with activating computers in the CCR.

"Need Help?"

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #12667 on: March 09, 2013, 05:43:15 pm »

Head to the garage, make sure all of the vehicles are in working condition.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12668 on: March 09, 2013, 05:48:41 pm »

"Figures. Oh well, free rifle."

Grab a Gauss rifle, and two magazines. Head to garage, and see if there is any spraypaint.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12669 on: March 09, 2013, 05:52:51 pm »

Watch the people playing with the computers and hopefully learn a thing or two about using them. Also see which cameras show static (assuming they are labeled) and if there are any cameras showing something other than the surroundings of the base.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #12670 on: March 09, 2013, 06:25:42 pm »

((Yay free guns ))

Grab 1 laser rifle and a spare clip (for a total of two). Go and help the guy trying to work the projector after taking stock of the labs contents.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12671 on: March 09, 2013, 06:32:15 pm »

((Just to save you some time, the contents of the lab have already been checked and all the vehicles are working well. Except if you're doing this for RP.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12672 on: March 09, 2013, 06:33:23 pm »

We got a couple of cameras around the base that appear to be non-functional, anyone mind checking them out?

If the camera feeds are labeled, direct any willing team members to the nonresponsive ones to ascertain their status.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12673 on: March 09, 2013, 07:27:04 pm »

"I can do that! ... I don't think I can fix them though."

Be directed to seemingly broken camera's. Check for visible damage or other obvious causes of malfunction. Don't fiddle with them though.

((Why is it that I feel kinda useless already when the mission has barely started :< ..

@ParisNotes: Zephy is supposed to be Medic/Conventional..or at least that's what I planned to do when I get a few more skillpoints.))
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 07:30:32 pm by MutzelRX »
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12674 on: March 09, 2013, 07:45:18 pm »

Just checking to see whether is physical damage or a glitch in the system is enough. The former, I might be able to fix, the latter, perhaps someone else will be better for.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 843 844 [845] 846 847 ... 1256