Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 844 845 [846] 847 848 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3831390 times)

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Missions 9: Anyone got some bolts?
« Reply #12675 on: March 09, 2013, 07:59:29 pm »

((Sleep mode? My computer tends to enter hibernation relatively quickly, so I didn't think of that. But yeah, it makes sense.

Also, Parisbre, I assume you will be keeping track of the new information, right? Like the Armory contents, security screens and so on.))

Huh, a biometric lock. Makes sense all in all. He'd need to find out at some point how secure these things really are and how much they cost.

"Team Leader. I'm sorry, forgetting your name. I'm investigating the barracks right now, and I'm standing in front of a room labeled "Team Leader's Quarters." I was going to check it out, but it's got a biometric lock.
Can you get whatever artificial intelligence we have to open it for me so I can investigate it?
Or at least find out if it is directly connected to that lock? I wouldn't want this thing to be rendered unopenable if something goes wrong with our AI, but it's probably still wired to correspond to the previous Team Leader, if to anyone at all."

Enter the Room if Miyamoto gets the AI to open the door.

What are the capabilities of the datapads compared to the tablet AM gave me? How do they compare in power and momery to the wrist-pads we have?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 08:03:04 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12676 on: March 09, 2013, 08:08:43 pm »

"Hey, maybe the ones showing static are from the suit feeds of the previous team?" said Flint as he got closer to the monitors.

((@ParisNotes: Zephy is supposed to be Medic/Conventional..or at least that's what I planned to do when I get a few more skillpoints.))
((Well, I'm trying to list the most important skills so that the notes can be used to help make decisions without having to ask everyone what skills they have all the time. Where do you have a +1? I'll list one of the skills as good and the other as not so good. Either CM~ or MC~.))

((EDIT: And I just realized that whoever activated the AI had a chance to usurp Miyamoto's power. Not that whoever did it would survive for long, but still, it would be fun.))
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 08:17:11 pm by Parisbre56 »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12677 on: March 09, 2013, 08:20:19 pm »

((Depending on whether or not piecewise updated my character Auron should be either
AM R S - auxilary medic, mkII suit, echolocation helmet with mapping function.
Or CH R S - conventional handiwork, mkII, echolocation mapping.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12678 on: March 09, 2013, 08:40:35 pm »

Perhaps, Flint. It would make sense, but I want to be sure there's no damaged cameras in and around the base itself first. If it turns out that I'm looking at screens that once showed camera feeds from the now deceased, then we should be able to rework them for our own camera feeds.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12679 on: March 09, 2013, 08:57:55 pm »

"Perhaps...." said Flint as he stared into the static. He thought he saw a familiar face forming in the static, but as soon as it had formed, it dissolved. My mind is playing tricks on me.

He snapped out of it and looked around. An idea had come to him. "Hey, I was thinking, since this is our first day on this rock, how about we finish restoring the base, make sure everything is working OK and then we get to the barracks, have some food and drink, dance to some music and generally enjoy ourselves before we start exploring? And while we're there, we can name this outpost and maybe this planetoid. Anybody got any ideas for a name?" Some of us may not survive this mission. Might as well make sure we enjoy some of our final moments. Anyway, partying brings people closer together. It will strengthen the bonds of our group. Another thought entered his mind as he looked (some would say stared) at Simus. I wonder if Simus can dance... Nah, get that thought out of your head.

((Depending on whether or not piecewise updated my character Auron should be either
AM R S - auxilary medic, mkII suit, echolocation helmet with mapping function.
Or CH R S - conventional handiwork, mkII, echolocation mapping.))
((I don't think the echolocation helmet will be very useful, not unless we find some area with just enough gravity to retain some air while not crushing us. But who knows? I'll list it anyway. Notes updated.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12680 on: March 09, 2013, 09:03:36 pm »

((Flint, I realize it's a bit more work for you, and that digging through posts takes time, but having 'R' refer to both MkIIs and up and robot/synthflesh bodies is kind of confusing to me, as I don't know who's actually in a robot/synthflesh body. Maybe use 'S' to refer to MkII suits and up? It's not really urgent or important, just a note.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12681 on: March 09, 2013, 09:07:26 pm »

((S is used for specials so maybe a 3 should be used?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12682 on: March 09, 2013, 09:09:42 pm »

"A name for the outpost? How about "Hell's Arse"? Or maybe "A Morgue In Great Obscurity," if you're feeling generous. AMIGO."
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12683 on: March 09, 2013, 09:11:11 pm »

((Maybe a '+' added after the 'R' to indicate either suits or bodies, whichever one makes more sense?))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12684 on: March 09, 2013, 09:14:51 pm »

((Maybe a '+' added after the 'R' to indicate either suits or bodies, whichever one makes more sense?))

((Seconded, with R+ being full robot. Semi-robot isn't much of a factor, so you could either resymbolize that if you must, or just remove the R tag from the non-full-body cyborgs among us.

Also, looking at your inventory post, Paris, I might be able to figure out a way to use the microwave as a weapon if it was really needed. :P

And, what would you put in regards to special equipment, since S seems to be special properties about the person?

And to PW, when I asked for the free shells offered me by the AM, how many did I get?))
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 09:17:21 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12685 on: March 09, 2013, 09:20:32 pm »

((Check the updated notes. I think they're a lot better. And for piecewise's sake, please PM me you suggestions.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12686 on: March 09, 2013, 09:39:35 pm »

((Well, this is not a suggestion, so I will still post it here. I just read out specilizations again, I am I suddenly really nervous. I mean, on one hand we've got 3 medics (cool), 9 conventional (also cool) and 6 auxillary (fine). 

But on the other hand... I mean I can understand being the only Diplomat. But I am also the ONLY Physimaster?! And I can't even use the amps reliably! I am suddenly really, really afraid for our success. And it turns out Anton is the only one with handiwork. Hi-five Sean, we're the two people here who are not replacable. And we're both on our first mission...:-X Somebody, tell me it's not as bad as it seems. Maybe we've got some manipulator guys who simply weant uncounted? ))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12687 on: March 09, 2013, 09:44:38 pm »

((Most of the amp people were set aside for the other mission.  Also, Lars is even in Aux and Handiwork, so Lars could do either in a pinch, as well as even in Speech and +1/3 in Cha.  Also, nice list.))

Lars smiled at Mesk even as he shooed him out.  Now the science labs...

Continue divine graffiti spree in the science lab.  Inscribe the Hexagon of Cog-azaon on the science equipment.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12688 on: March 09, 2013, 09:54:19 pm »

((Suddenly, an image of the base being converted to a shrine for chaos undivided, twisted symbols covering every surface, brother Lars laughing maniacly.))

"Well, I was thinking of something a bit more inspiring, like Domus Tempora (Sorry about the Latin butchering Simus) or Home of the Brave or New Horizons." ((I'll think of a better name once I get some sleep, I promise.))

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12689 on: March 09, 2013, 09:59:24 pm »

"Hey, maybe the ones showing static are from the suit feeds of the previous team?" said Flint as he got closer to the monitors.

((@ParisNotes: Zephy is supposed to be Medic/Conventional..or at least that's what I planned to do when I get a few more skillpoints.))
((Well, I'm trying to list the most important skills so that the notes can be used to help make decisions without having to ask everyone what skills they have all the time. Where do you have a +1? I'll list one of the skills as good and the other as not so good. Either CM~ or MC~.))

((EDIT: And I just realized that whoever activated the AI had a chance to usurp Miyamoto's power. Not that whoever did it would survive for long, but still, it would be fun.))
((The only +1 is in Intuition.))
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships
Pages: 1 ... 844 845 [846] 847 848 ... 1256