Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 884 885 [886] 887 888 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3831125 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Misson 9: Hot Potato
« Reply #13275 on: April 01, 2013, 05:06:45 pm »

To Anton: "You feeling alright there buddy? Maybe you should go take some radiation medicine, ask Mesk about it. And take some rest afterwards, captains orders."

Once the rest of red team is ready, get going towards our zone again. Take a few drones, including my modified one. Copy the control program to my wristpad, then use one to try and map the edge of the vision distortion field.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 05:17:57 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13276 on: April 01, 2013, 05:17:26 pm »

"I knew there would be side effects. So. What do you things want? Can we make a deal?"

Try and communicate with the shadows.

((Welp. This may be it guys.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #13277 on: April 01, 2013, 07:50:10 pm »

Look through the advanced kit for a pill to treat radiation poisoning.  Hand it to Anton if there is one.
"That was a very stupid thing you just did, and I'm glad you did it instead of me."

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13278 on: April 01, 2013, 09:25:35 pm »

((Well, I was sure you'd use the opportunity for me to draw something more interestng.

Also, making an answer for the backstory as of right now.

))

Map update? Where are we? I can't really post an action without knowing for sure. Sorry. Continue exploring?

Also, I've said it several times that we can't really avoid the "normal zone," because the "normal zone" does not have any distinguishing characteristics. How do we avoid something that is no different from where we are now? How do we mark it, if we can't feel the boundary? We don't and we can't.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 12:00:50 am by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13279 on: April 01, 2013, 09:35:14 pm »

((Oh hey, didn't realize no action.))

Lars sighed.  "Brothers, we shall continue.  Let us back off closer to the edge of the zone and walk around it, looking for other effects.  I do not think we will need to mark the border of this one."

Head back closer to the edge and start walking around the anomaly.  Look for any changes.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 09:38:47 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #13280 on: April 02, 2013, 03:25:46 am »

"Interesting"
Go back inside and grab a test tube / seal-able container and carefully grab some of the grass and put it in then close the container and bring it inside and perform tests and show it to Alvin for a second opinion.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #13281 on: April 02, 2013, 03:35:51 am »

((Oh dear, I'm sorry I wasn't around to have Lukas help out with that. I have been a bit occupied lately. I'm afraid that won't change anytime soon.))

Follow Miyamoto back to the zone.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13282 on: April 02, 2013, 03:55:12 am »

follow lars, map with echolocation.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13283 on: April 02, 2013, 04:06:01 am »

((You know, I thought Anton was still in the exosuit. And I think PW forgot that.))

"Ugh. I.. think I caught a few more rads than I wanted to. Next time... next time I'm building a robot... to do this stuff. ALVIN, pressurize the corridor. Mesk, g.. get over here and start using that infirmary."

Climb out of the exosuit, or at least open it so people don't have to look for external switches to get in. If the corridor is pressurized, head into the now conveniently accessible and even more conveniently nearby infirmary in search of anti-radiation treatment.

Recall everything I can of heavy irradiation symptoms and check if my condition corresponds to just them, or if something else is also at work.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13284 on: April 02, 2013, 07:06:50 am »

"Well, it seems like this opening is the thing we need. Any volunteers game enough to go check it out?"

Update the map and send it to base. Have a look at the general state of the team as well.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13285 on: April 02, 2013, 10:51:06 am »

Flint Westwood - Blue Squad  - Sector 3

"Hey, there's cautious and then there's just plain paranoid. What are you afraid of, a bunch of rocks? They aren't going to start flying and try to kill us." ((And next turn the rocks start attacking me for my hubris.))

Keep mapping through the center of the zone. Remember to shoot rocks in my search for anomalies. Shoot tiny pebbles with my slingshot at my teammates when they're not looking in order to freak them out.

((I had to split the useful links section of my notes between the old and the new notes post, but if things keep going this way I'm going to have to start splitting them to multiple posts. Also, I'm feeling awfully tired, so future posts/updates may be delayed.))

((EDIT: v v Well, magma beetles does have a certain ring to it, but I guess rock beetles is more accurate. Changed that. Also changed some other obvious things about the beetles I had forgotten (like what they eat). But, like I said, tired. If you find any other mistake, please say so.))

((EDIT2: @Vich: I didn' t finish reading your post. However, when I wrote that stuff I was really tired and uninspired and just wanted to post something really quick, because I hadn't posted in a while. In retrospect, not the best idea. If you would be so kind as to forget that post ever happened, I'm going to go back and rewrite some parts, if only to make it easier to read. Also, more talk when I finish reading your post.))
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 11:07:35 am by Parisbre56 »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13286 on: April 02, 2013, 10:52:18 am »

((coughrockbeetlescough))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13287 on: April 02, 2013, 12:09:04 pm »

(( I wonder why no one has suggested to call them salamanders yet. Well, IC reasons, I guess. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13288 on: April 02, 2013, 12:50:33 pm »

((Because although they live near molten iron, they apparently look like giant isopods, and thats pretty badass.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13289 on: April 02, 2013, 03:18:35 pm »

Team Blue:

Flint Westwood - Blue Squad  - Sector 3

"Hey, there's cautious and then there's just plain paranoid. What are you afraid of, a bunch of rocks? They aren't going to start flying and try to kill us." ((And next turn the rocks start attacking me for my hubris.))

Keep mapping through the center of the zone. Remember to shoot rocks in my search for anomalies. Shoot tiny pebbles with my slingshot at my teammates when they're not looking in order to freak them out.

((I had to split the useful links section of my notes between the old and the new notes post, but if things keep going this way I'm going to have to start splitting them to multiple posts. Also, I'm feeling awfully tired, so future posts/updates may be delayed.))

((EDIT: v v Well, magma beetles does have a certain ring to it, but I guess rock beetles is more accurate. Changed that. Also changed some other obvious things about the beetles I had forgotten (like what they eat). But, like I said, tired. If you find any other mistake, please say so.))

((EDIT2: @Vich: I didn' t finish reading your post. However, when I wrote that stuff I was really tired and uninspired and just wanted to post something really quick, because I hadn't posted in a while. In retrospect, not the best idea. If you would be so kind as to forget that post ever happened, I'm going to go back and rewrite some parts, if only to make it easier to read. Also, more talk when I finish reading your post.))

You push forward a bit, moving through the "normal" zone. It feels...odd, but it doesn't kill you so thats something. You follow the normal area, marking its boundaries as you go. It seems, at least from a cursory inspection, that this "normal" area may cut through the distortion zone.

"Well, it seems like this opening is the thing we need. Any volunteers game enough to go check it out?"

Update the map and send it to base. Have a look at the general state of the team as well.

The Team seems to be holding up fine so far, no problems to report. You update the map data and send it back to base.

((Well, I was sure you'd use the opportunity for me to draw something more interestng.

Also, making an answer for the backstory as of right now.

))

Map update? Where are we? I can't really post an action without knowing for sure. Sorry. Continue exploring?

Also, I've said it several times that we can't really avoid the "normal zone," because the "normal zone" does not have any distinguishing characteristics. How do we avoid something that is no different from where we are now? How do we mark it, if we can't feel the boundary? We don't and we can't.

Updating...

Team Green:

((Uh oh. Radioation poisioning!))

Wait for others to start walking.

"Can we move on now?"
"I knew there would be side effects. So. What do you things want? Can we make a deal?"

Try and communicate with the shadows.

((Welp. This may be it guys.))

follow lars, map with echolocation.

((Oh hey, didn't realize no action.))

Lars sighed.  "Brothers, we shall continue.  Let us back off closer to the edge of the zone and walk around it, looking for other effects.  I do not think we will need to mark the border of this one."

Head back closer to the edge and start walking around the anomaly.  Look for any changes.

Lars and crew, minus their resident pirate, heads back out toward the edge of the hot zone and starts walking around. Their progress is arrested after a short walk as they run up against what can only be described as a lake or even a sea of molten iron; it glows orange-white hot and flows slowly, bubbling up from below. Things can be seen moving in the distance.

Morul, in the mean time,  tries to talk to the phantoms chasing him. They don't respond, in fact they don't even seem to exist, except when he's using pirate vision.

Team Red:

To Anton: "You feeling alright there buddy? Maybe you should go take some radiation medicine, ask Mesk about it. And take some rest afterwards, captains orders."

Once the rest of red team is ready, get going towards our zone again. Take a few drones, including my modified one. Copy the control program to my wristpad, then use one to try and map the edge of the vision distortion field.
((Oh dear, I'm sorry I wasn't around to have Lukas help out with that. I have been a bit occupied lately. I'm afraid that won't change anytime soon.))

Follow Miyamoto back to the zone.
"Interesting"
Go back inside and grab a test tube / seal-able container and carefully grab some of the grass and put it in then close the container and bring it inside and perform tests and show it to Alvin for a second opinion.

Red Team is held up as Michael runs outside and grabs a sample of the blue glass shards. He runs it back to the base and into the lab, but isn't sure what sort of tests he should run on it, or if he should just label it and stick it in the vault for later analysis.

Miyamoto and Lukas just glare at him.

Team Radiation Poisoning

((You know, I thought Anton was still in the exosuit. And I think PW forgot that.))

"Ugh. I.. think I caught a few more rads than I wanted to. Next time... next time I'm building a robot... to do this stuff. ALVIN, pressurize the corridor. Mesk, g.. get over here and start using that infirmary."

Climb out of the exosuit, or at least open it so people don't have to look for external switches to get in. If the corridor is pressurized, head into the now conveniently accessible and even more conveniently nearby infirmary in search of anti-radiation treatment.

Recall everything I can of heavy irradiation symptoms and check if my condition corresponds to just them, or if something else is also at work.

Look through the advanced kit for a pill to treat radiation poisoning.  Hand it to Anton if there is one.
"That was a very stupid thing you just did, and I'm glad you did it instead of me."
[mesk med:6+2]

Mesk and Anton head to the newly accessible infirmary where Mesk strips off Anton's suit and begins an examination. Everything seems fine till they come to his hands. His hands are turning blackish and are completely unresponsive. The condition extends up till just past the wrist.

"Well, good news first. You're mostly fine. Minor rad poisoning, but some supportive care and you'll recover on your own after a week or so. Now the bad news is your hands are dead. Literally dead. They caught so many rads that it literally killed very cell in them from the wrist down. So yeah, those are gonna have to be removed. I'll give you a good mechanical pair though. You'll be fine."

He picks up anton's arm and shakes it so that his dead hand flops around.

"Woo woo! haha, ahh...yeah amputation is the only way."
Pages: 1 ... 884 885 [886] 887 888 ... 1256