Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3829516 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Feyri : Professional Soldier
« Reply #135 on: April 04, 2012, 04:04:40 pm »

Fumble with my weapon for any switch to make the laser visible (even though this is technically, impossible, being a...laser).

Aim and fire the last shots in a whole salvo at the top most, um, thing.

Relay positioning of everyone to everyone else.

"The only thing stopping you all, is your fear of death, and death. I hope I'll be a part of stopping that. Over."

You look at your rifle, trying to find a switch to make the laser visible. [intelligence roll:3] You're pretty sure it's possible to make a laser visible like that...not positive, but pretty sure. [intuition roll: 5+1] You decide it's probably not a good idea to randomly press buttons on a high tech piece of machinery. Instead, you try to yell at it to make it work. Results are unsatisfactory.

With a shrug you aim the weapon at the top of the tower and drain the battery into it. You can just barely make out a series of black burn marks in the top of the tower. The gun beeps and ejects the spent battery.

You use your position to relay the current positioning of everyone to everyone else. Considering everyone except you is all in roughly the same place and sees each other, this doesn't help very much.

"The only thing stopping you all, is your fear of death, and death. I hope I'll be a part of stopping that. Over."

The reply comes a moment later. "Sure, the only thing stopping us is the prospect of ending like Jim or worse."

"I wish you all the luck there is then. We certainly don't want to look like Jim. At all.

Oh, and mind your mortality*cough* I mean, mind your...chirality."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 04, 2012, 04:08:10 pm »

Reload and Rest.

"This is Feyri Nirel, team and probably my last transmission for a while. I've tested the defences of the structure. It does not seem to react to small-arms fire, or lasers for that strange matter.

I'll be outside and watching your position. If anything attacks all of you, I'll be the first to know. If you all don't see it. Of course."

Observe the rest and scan the vicinity for anything - friend or foe alike.

Try to recuperate from my...Abrupt Leg Cancer.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 04, 2012, 04:11:29 pm »

Milno:

"Where is the team from Shuttle 3? If I remember correctly, they had the expensive suits."

Attempt communication with the Shuttle 3 team through the comms system.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 04:17:00 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #138 on: April 04, 2012, 04:19:28 pm »

Reload and Rest.

"This is Feyri Nirel, team and probably my last transmission for a while. I've tested the defences of the structure. It does not seem to react to small-arms fire, or lasers for that strange matter.

I'll be outside and watching your position. If anything attacks all of you, I'll be the first to know. If you all don't see it. Of course."

Observe the rest and scan the vicinity for anything - friend or foe alike.

Try to recuperate from my...Abrupt Leg Cancer.

You slip your last battery into the laser and rest against the rock, keeping your neck craned to watch the scene.

Milno:

"Where is the team from Shuttle 3? If I remember correctly, they had the expensive suits."

Attempt communication with the Shuttle 3 team through the comms system.

>Is that a trick question? You're the team from shuttle 3. And your suits are expensive. You think it's easy to find materials that can insulate you from near absolute zero temperatures?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 04, 2012, 04:21:18 pm »

((Wait, what number is the surviving team?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 04, 2012, 04:23:20 pm »

Milno:

"Then where is the team from Shuttle 4? Are they in trouble like us?

Attempt communication with the Shuttle 4 team through the comms system.

((If our suits are the expensive ones, what are THEY wearing? T-shirts and jeans?))
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 04:26:21 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #141 on: April 04, 2012, 04:41:41 pm »

Milno:

"Then where is the team from Shuttle 4? Are they in trouble like us?

Attempt communication with the Shuttle 4 team through the comms system.

((If our suits are the expensive ones, what are THEY wearing? T-shirts and jeans?))

>Team 4 is on the other side of  the tower. They have lost 2 members. That radio system of yours will only work with other members of your team, by the way. Regulations do not permit different teams to communicate. We've found that this increases survival rates, as only one team can be wiped out as a consequence of following a stupid plan.

Also, all your suits are expensive. All the teams got that warning.  A computer can't even be glib these days without something squishy ruining the joke.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 04, 2012, 04:47:27 pm »

Milno sighs:
"Is the other team currently following a stupid plan, a reasonable plan or are they turtling like us?
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #143 on: April 04, 2012, 05:04:06 pm »

Milno sighs:
"Is the other team currently following a stupid plan, a reasonable plan or are they turtling like us?
>All your plans seem rather stupid to me, to be honest. They haven't flown a drone into their own teammates yet though, so there's that.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 04, 2012, 06:22:45 pm »

Try and figure out the safest way inside. If found, follow it. If not, run for the hole in the wall.
You appear to have skipped me. Four times.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #145 on: April 04, 2012, 08:42:53 pm »

Try and figure out the safest way inside. If found, follow it. If not, run for the hole in the wall.
You appear to have skipped me. Four times.

Not really, I figured that, in your quest to find a safe way in, you'd wait and see how Faith's attempt to crawl in worked, since they happened at the same time. I also figured you probably didn't want to run out and ruin her experiment to see if the turrets are motion sensitive and maybe get both of you blown up. I probably should have said that though, sorry. For the sake of being proactive:

You peek your head out of behind the rock and observe the area, looking for a way in. [intuition roll:1+1] You haven't got a clue how you might get in, save for just sprinting. And sprinting there would mean running right past Faith, who is currently slinking around on the ground.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 04, 2012, 08:50:32 pm »

Oh. I see.
Don't run yet!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 05, 2012, 03:20:13 am »

(Hey Irony. :3)
S-Shut up! I'm totally gonna live! D:
Until I get into the doorway at least.

"...yes, I, I think I found that drone, it appears to have crashed into certain things."

Keep shimmyin'. If the turrets start moving, jump up and sprint into the doorway instead of back to the rocks.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 05, 2012, 04:40:08 am »

>All your plans seem rather stupid to me, to be honest. They haven't flown a drone into their own teammates yet though, so there's that.
((I didn't do it on purpose:P

Cheap wasted token...))

Try to stabilize myself from the Cancer which may or may not be getting worse.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #149 on: April 05, 2012, 12:01:33 pm »

Oh. I see.
Don't run yet!
You do not run.

(Hey Irony. :3)
S-Shut up! I'm totally gonna live! D:
Until I get into the doorway at least.

"...yes, I, I think I found that drone, it appears to have crashed into certain things."

Keep shimmyin'. If the turrets start moving, jump up and sprint into the doorway instead of back to the rocks.

You continue to slither along the ground at the slowest possible pace.It takes a while but you finally make it to the doorway and crawl inside. You do a quick check and yes, you have all your limbs.

((I didn't do it on purpose:P

Cheap wasted token...))

Try to stabilize myself from the Cancer which may or may not be getting worse.

[Med Roll: 6-2] Wait a minute...this isn't cancer at all, your leg is just broken. You're not exactly sure which bone, since it kinda hurts in the entire leg area...but yeah, broken leg. Whew.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 1256