Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 908 909 [910] 911 912 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3825942 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Missile 9: Hot Potato
« Reply #13635 on: April 18, 2013, 10:08:42 pm »

"Well, I suppose you can drop off blue team first, or whatever. It doesn't matter who gets dropped off first, let's just get going."

Provide Mesk with a list of drop points for the teams and hop into the shuttle. Disembark when we arrive at our location.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13636 on: April 19, 2013, 12:08:34 am »

((I'm sure the HMRC is not a group of people favoring safe approaches, but need I remind that two mapping drones were lost trying to approach the center of the flat zone? I'd think risking the main shuttle by flying over an anomaly rather than around it would be a rather un-smart idea.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13637 on: April 19, 2013, 12:10:33 am »

Im starting to think staying in the shuttle may be dangerous.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13638 on: April 19, 2013, 01:10:59 am »

(@ Remalle: you need to take the team to sector 19. I choose that sector cause it seemed like that was the safest route. Going over the middle might be best, cause sector 3 is trouble, and sector 7 is uncertain danger. Might want to go over high.)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #13639 on: April 19, 2013, 02:21:41 am »

Red team - Lukas

Lukas messages back to Anton:
"We're at the edge of the volcanic zone, about to collect samples. Join the party. It's a blast!"

He then turns to the rest of the team. "Okay men. This is it. This is where you can prove your sampling skills. Don't stop until the fat robot sings."

Randomly wander around (but beware of any dangers) and take samples of whatever seems intuitively interesting.

You wanna head into the hotzone or continue along it's border like before?

Team Red - Lukas

((I'll take the safe option, thank you. Let's continue along the border first.))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13640 on: April 19, 2013, 03:14:09 am »

(@ Remalle: you need to take the team to sector 19. I choose that sector cause it seemed like that was the safest route. Going over the middle might be best, cause sector 3 is trouble, and sector 7 is uncertain danger. Might want to go over high.)
((Why not Sector 18? The flatlands don't reach there, the optical anomalies are off to the side, and it doesn't change the mission plan much. >_>))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13641 on: April 19, 2013, 03:41:27 am »

((DO NOT GO HIGH! Don't you remember what happened to the drone? Except if by high, you mean really high, as in suborbital.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #13642 on: April 19, 2013, 04:10:41 am »

"No response.... Might as well help Mesk and join in with whatever the hell is happening here"
Help Mesk and the shuttle team get ready also look over / find the flight plans and once obtained look at the suggested route and height.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13643 on: April 19, 2013, 07:34:16 am »

((DO NOT GO HIGH! Don't you remember what happened to the drone? Except if by high, you mean really high, as in suborbital.))
((I don't know if suborbital is any safer than real high. That's also the reason why I proposed sending a drone at a distance in front of the shuttle, to warn us if there's anything dangerous. I also don't see why we should be having this conversation OOC.))
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 07:56:25 am by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13644 on: April 19, 2013, 08:37:53 am »

((Pretend it's telepathy.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13645 on: April 19, 2013, 08:44:59 am »

((Pretend it's telepathy.))
((Or do the same thing we did with the name vote. Pretend we were all talking as a group. Sometimes, solving these things OOC is easier.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13646 on: April 19, 2013, 11:23:39 am »

((Why not Sector 18? The flatlands don't reach there, the optical anomalies are off to the side, and it doesn't change the mission plan much. >_>))

((Sector 18 is ok too, but then he'll be flying dangerously close to the vision-distortion sector. And the pilot going blind in mid-air is rumored to be bad for your health. I guess you guys will see what route is the safest once you get nearer.))

((Pretty much. You could probably go out of orbit with that shuttle, so 'going high' means 'going as high as would be needed'. Remember he used that shuttle to get off-planet previous mission, so this could work too. But again, depends on how it looks once you're there.))

((By the way, I'll be away saturday, so if there is still indecision by then, you'll either have to wait or just go for it.))

Base team.

Try to think of a way of capturing one of the slug things using the stuff we currently have on hand.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13647 on: April 19, 2013, 12:44:01 pm »

Anton Chernozorov, Red Team technician, utterly alone in the garage.

Anton opens the general comms channel.

"Am I right in understanding that most of the experimentation team is already out? You people sure moved out quickly. This is Anton Chernozorov, I am taking the Dodo and a trailer of materials out north for experiments. If you have objections to that, please speak up soon."

Check on how many mapping drones we still have left. Put four of them, plus some basic materials like sheets of metal and long metal rods into the trailer. If a means to use it is readily available, put some fuel for the drones in there as well. Make sure to remember to take the container of bluerad shards along. Roll the MPV out of the garage, unhook the trailer, and drive a few circles and figure eights in front of the garage to get a feel for the controls. Wait for any word from teammates.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13648 on: April 19, 2013, 12:47:38 pm »

(([Aux:1]  You manage to lose control of the vehicle and get it stuck headed straight for the gravity seep.  Uh oh.

[Aux:1]  Your attempts to free it only jam the controls.

[Dex:1]  You attempt to dive out in a rush, but the leg of your suit catches on the pedal and lodges.  It drags you down, accelerating more rapidly than anything has any business to.

Thankfully, the crushing gravity takes little time to end you.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13649 on: April 19, 2013, 01:22:39 pm »

(([Aux:1]  You manage to lose control of the vehicle and get it stuck headed straight for the gravity seep.  Uh oh.

[Aux:1]  Your attempts to free it only jam the controls.

[Dex:1-1]  You attempt to dive out in a rush, but the leg of your suit catches on the pedal and lodges.  It drags you down, accelerating more rapidly than anything has any business to.

Thankfully, the crushing gravity takes little time to end you.))
((FTFY :P))

Pages: 1 ... 908 909 [910] 911 912 ... 1256