Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1065 1066 [1067] 1068 1069 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3832064 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: The Curse of Ivan Continues.
« Reply #15990 on: September 17, 2013, 09:13:47 pm »

Lars nods.  "Valid points, but I feel sure we will need to clear the landing area, at least.  At least where we disembark we will have the support of General Miyamoto and his team, though."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #15991 on: September 17, 2013, 10:01:33 pm »

Jim turned to Lars. "I'm not sure what the area we'll be defending looks like. We should wait until we're there and get an idea of the lay of the land before we plan that part. Hell, maybe Milno can help us out, text us a map if he finds one." Next, he addressed Flint. "Flanking would work, but it would likely fall on you, Lars, and Lukas. I don't have any guns - although I do have a bag of 'marbles' here I can shoot at them with my manipulation amp - and I don't know what equipment Mesk has. If necessary, I can charge enemy positions and try to rip them apart with my hands, or club them to death with this mace. I can at least handle the slow-moving explosives."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15992 on: September 17, 2013, 10:06:01 pm »

Lars looks at Mesk.  "What do you have, Brother Mesk?  Besides your foot, I mean."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #15993 on: September 17, 2013, 10:58:53 pm »

"In terms of medical supplies, you mean?  Just this advanced kit."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15994 on: September 17, 2013, 11:08:29 pm »

Lars shrugged.  "Any other gear?  I've seen your... spinal skills in action."  Lars glances at Jim.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #15995 on: September 17, 2013, 11:23:00 pm »

Jim glanced back with a shrug. "Sorry. He's just like a... a stress ball."

(Normally Jim would feel guilty about this kind of thing but it's already become a joke, so... :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15996 on: September 17, 2013, 11:48:40 pm »

"I'm ready when you are. Miya, make sure to take out any heavy emplacements or large groups for us, ok?" Bishop replies over a private channel to Miyamoto as he walks to the waiting point.

Head to the waiting spot and check over my gear and suit. Are my guns reloaded fully? Is my suit refuelled?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #15997 on: September 18, 2013, 01:38:05 am »

Mesk casually brushes off the exchange between Lars and Jim.  "Uh, other gear... I can fly and regenerate as usual, I have some cutting tools, this weird pyramid thing that might be a weapon, and most importantly Manuel, my pet severed hand."

(Flight, energy beams, nigh-invincibility, and saving lives: Mesk is becoming a superhero, apparently.)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 01:41:59 am by Remalle »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15998 on: September 18, 2013, 01:51:49 am »

Mesk casually brushes off the exchange between Lars and Jim.  "Uh, other gear... I can fly and regenerate as usual, I have some cutting tools, this weird pyramid thing that might be a weapon, and most importantly Manuel, my pet severed hand."

(Flight, energy beams, nigh-invincibility, and saving lives: Mesk is becoming a superhero, apparently.)
((Dont worry, ill stab you in the liver if you develop a saviour complex or a cape fetidh.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #15999 on: September 18, 2013, 02:47:39 am »

After overhearing the conversation between Flint and Jim, Lukas drops in:

"Hell, I can draw enemy fire away from you guys by myself. I like the idea of me flanking them from one side, drawing their attention, while a few others try to get behind them unnoticed so we can take them out quickly."
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16000 on: September 18, 2013, 07:51:19 am »

((May Steve bless our giant robot overlords.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16001 on: September 18, 2013, 10:13:04 am »

((I wish i was a giant robot... perhaps i should retrofit this exosuit into one when the mission is over...))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16002 on: September 18, 2013, 10:48:31 am »

((Do yourself a favour and just save up for a battlesuit or robot body. Or even an Avatar. Retrofitting an exosuit that was made for mining to a combat role probably isn't as cheap or as effective as simply getting a battlesuit or robot body with all those sweet extra features built in on a solid base.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16003 on: September 18, 2013, 11:05:29 am »

((Refitting a Mk3 for roles it wasn't supposed to fulfill is also not quite as effective as simply getting a battlesuit, cost-wise. But you get the advantage of being human-sized.

Plus, really. If cost-effectiveness was all that mattered, this game would be full of synthflesh- and battlesuit- people. Right now we've got just the two synthflesh-people, and the one battlesuit, despite a whole lot of people being on enough missions already to afford them.

Sometimes it's just more interesting to make something personalized.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16004 on: September 18, 2013, 08:44:47 pm »

((True, and small size does have benefits...))
Pages: 1 ... 1065 1066 [1067] 1068 1069 ... 1256