Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1070 1071 [1072] 1073 1074 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3831989 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Assault
« Reply #16065 on: September 20, 2013, 07:14:23 am »

Why an immortal would need to cower is beyond me, but sure. You hide like the deathless monster you are.
((What?))
((Mesk has an ultraregen treatment, meaning he can regenerate any and all damage as long as he has enough biomass. That's why Jim can get to use his spine like a stress ball without fear of hurting him. Of course brain damage, explosives and other such things are always an issue.))
((cant he harden his flesh and stuff as well using will rolls? why not make his skull super dense for added protection?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16066 on: September 20, 2013, 07:42:12 am »

((That's Milno who can do that.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16067 on: September 20, 2013, 07:51:32 am »

((oh.. my bad...))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16068 on: September 20, 2013, 09:17:43 am »

((It's just that, you're looting while we are assaulting a base. And looting stuff that you can get easily from the AM after the mission... If you start looting now and some sods come out of the doors with guns, you could get shot and then we'll only have 2 people for taking the control room.))
((I think he's doing it more to get the carts.))

"Uh, guess they don't have the greatest threat perception.  Are they waiting for us to shoot first?"
((Probably. The sods are like exceptionally bad AI in a game which is designed on the concept of the AI not cheating.))

Why an immortal would need to cower is beyond me, but sure. You hide like the deathless monster you are.
((What?))
((Mesk has an ultraregen treatment, meaning he can regenerate any and all damage as long as he has enough biomass. That's why Jim can get to use his spine like a stress ball without fear of hurting him. Of course brain damage, explosives and other such things are always an issue.))
((Oh.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16069 on: September 20, 2013, 09:22:59 am »

((Funny how that little discussion before was rendered moot since we didn't even get a chance to do anything before the civvies started running.))

Allow/help Jim with piggyback riding the Avatar. Or just put him on my shoulders, whatever works.

Keep going forward, not stepping on peeps, you know the drill.

((By the way: if you have the time, would you feel like linking me to a photo of how an AoW is supposed to look like? You did this a few times in the past in regards to how a battlesuit looks like, which helped tremendously with picturing that correctly. Currently, I have this weird image of it looking like an AoW from WH40K, but sans the burning and with more metal plating.

"Hey Jim, now might be the time to use your amp. I mean, with that decomp you should be able to use it without collateral damage, and quietly frying their brain or heatblading their neck might be the quickest solution."

((@Paris: wait, what are you trying exactly? Cause walking to the sods means either getting in line with me behind the civilians or flying over to them.))

((@Pariah: This is a perfect example of why we're pooling our loot at the end of the mission: so people won't get caught up trying to gather shinies. Not that I terribly mind you doing this while we're forced to wait anyway, but it does look kinda weird. Does Auron have ADD by any chance? ))
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 10:06:54 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16070 on: September 20, 2013, 09:46:37 am »

((@Paris: wait, what are you trying exactly? Cause walking to the sods means either getting in line with me behind the civilians or flying over to them.))
((I'm calmly walking up to them obviously. Without stepping on or otherwise hurting any civilians. I'm guessing I'll probably be walking next to you while doing that.

First, it's an experiment to test their orders, their way of thinking and their intelligence. And second, it's a way to save ammo.

If you want to take care of them yourself or do something else, just say the word. I just thought it would be fun to try.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16071 on: September 20, 2013, 09:56:09 am »

((@Pariah: This is a perfect example of why we're pooling our loot at the end of the mission: so people won't get caught up trying to gather shinies. Not that I terribly mind you doing this while we're forced to wait anyway, but it does look kinda weird. Does Auron have ADD by any chance? ))
((i probably have something similar in real life and it just kinda translates across, i simply detest having wasted actions.

although from an IC perspective i figure hes like a magpie.
see shiny take shiny, unless previously occupied.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16072 on: September 20, 2013, 10:02:08 am »

((I'm calmly walking up to them obviously. Without stepping on or otherwise hurting any civilians. I'm guessing I'll probably be walking next to you while doing that.

First, it's an experiment to test their orders, their way of thinking and their intelligence. And second, it's a way to save ammo.

If you want to take care of them yourself or do something else, just say the word. I just thought it would be fun to try.))

((Yeah, that's what I thought you meant, just checking really. I just asked Jim to maybe try and amp them, but if he doesn't do that feel free to try this, it's not as if they can really hurt you anyway. Though we should probably be careful not to underestimate those sods, they may be dumb but they can probably point out all of the weaknesses on a battlesuit with their eyes closed. I'm pleasantly surprised though you're trying out that technique I mentioned at Gilgamesh' tutorial. I wonder how resistant to electrical damage they are...))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16073 on: September 20, 2013, 10:18:18 am »

((What?))
((And where did he get that? Was it the treatment that allows you to never miss a mission due to injury?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16074 on: September 20, 2013, 10:20:05 am »

((What?))
((And where did he get that? Was it the treatment that allows you to never miss a mission due to injury?))
((No, I believe it was one of Nyars' artifacts.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16075 on: September 20, 2013, 10:34:48 am »

((What?))
((No, I believe it was one of Nyars' artifacts.))
((Medical micromachines to be exact. They pull him back together and heal him.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16076 on: September 20, 2013, 11:54:04 am »

((Yeah, they're effective, but dangerous since they are machines and not biological in nature. Machines can be hacked, and with all those medical micromachines spread throughout his body, if they go bad then it gets really messy, really quick.))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #16077 on: September 20, 2013, 01:13:31 pm »

(Hmm, that reminds me.)

Attempt to commune with the machines within.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16078 on: September 20, 2013, 01:20:27 pm »

((I wonder if Mesk or Milno can use their abilities to alter the bodies of other humans...))

((Edit: @Radio Controlled: The only thing I'm worried about is grenades or heavy weapons. Or them damaging my laser.))
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 01:24:59 pm by Parisbre56 »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16079 on: September 20, 2013, 01:22:19 pm »

((Mesk could probably use offensive regeneration. Chop off his own arm, stick the stump against somebody, and make like bamboo.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 1070 1071 [1072] 1073 1074 ... 1256