Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1093 1094 [1095] 1096 1097 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3831910 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Slash and Burn
« Reply #16410 on: October 07, 2013, 07:01:40 pm »

((I'm fairly... Oh wait, you've got an exosuit. Was gonna say you that the Executor would be too heavy but, again exosuit. Carry on.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16411 on: October 07, 2013, 07:45:39 pm »

Wait... what the fuck was i thinking...

run back and literally loot the shadow hunter, as in his entire body is going into my pack. Break his spine and fold him in half if necessary.
grab the least melted shield and head back to try to override the elevator.

If we fail to get it moving via overrides, shoot at its brakes instead.

((May want to brain the guy, just in case. Space magic can do funky stuff.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16412 on: October 07, 2013, 08:01:52 pm »

shadow hunter
((It's not a shadow hunter, it's a UE. You got me all hopeful there for a second.))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16413 on: October 07, 2013, 08:04:09 pm »

shadow hunter
((It's not a shadow hunter, it's a UE. You got me all hopeful there for a second.))
((Are you sure? He has a shadow cloak and tried to mindrape me))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16414 on: October 07, 2013, 08:08:05 pm »

((Urban Executors do that too. The Shadow Walker is probably on the roof, trying to get a good shot on the Sword with his LESHO.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16415 on: October 08, 2013, 12:03:32 am »

((Yes. Please learn distinctions between UE and shadow walker, or you could cause some serious issues re: mission critical data - re: 'Enemy nuke-sniper is not actually dead'))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #16416 on: October 08, 2013, 02:18:06 am »

Keep an eye out for trouble.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16417 on: October 08, 2013, 04:14:23 am »

"Alright. Move aside and give me a bit of room."

Commence an elevator override to send it to the bottom floor and then lock it down there. If I think it will take too long, tell Miyamoto so he can cut through the roof for us. Provide cover for us while he does so and stay the hell away from the cameras and windows.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16418 on: October 08, 2013, 12:22:40 pm »

Lars looks about for a control to the door.  "O Great Glorious Steve, is there a way we can bypass this door, or we need to penetrate it mightily?"
>If you have a wire you can jack into a control panel and let me hack it. Assuming there's one around there.

Try and override the door.
[aux:6+2]
The door opens. Then slams closed. Then opens. Then slams closed. It does this repeatedly and distressingly fast.

"I appear to have turned a simple door into an Indiana Jones style death trap. Curse my technical wizardry."

"All right, one second."

Jim gives Mesk a minute or two to override the controls while he looks around with all of his vision moves for hidden traps. If he finds traps, he warns the crew with him and takes no further actions this round. If Mesk fails and Jim doesn't see any traps, then he attempts to open the blast door manually. If that doesn't work, then next he'll try using his Manipulation Amp to force it open. And if THAT doesn't work, he'll try to melt it off with his Microwave Amp.
[exo:3+2]
The doors open and then slam halfway shut before jerking to a stop. Mechanisms scream in protest as the door is wrenched open and held that way. It quivers with restrained force, clearly attempting to slam shut again.

"Alright, everyone through, Holding it like this isn't great for my health." Jim mutters, trying to maintain his concentration.

"So what you're basically saying is that I'm stuck here while my teammates are left to fend for themselves against elite UWM troops? Fuck!" said Flint in anger, making a motion to hit a wall, but stopping at the last second as he remembered the kinetic amplifiers in the battlesuit's arms. "Thanks a lot Steve! You know you could have said that sooner, right?"
Complain to Steve.
Check the hallway and the stairs leading up for any other cameras or security devices. Destroy any I find.
Try to make sense of the elevator wiring Mesk used in case we need to go up later (dynamic bonus).
Place a camera in the elevator and a small distance up the stairs, in case they decide to send someone down here. Stay near the stairs and elevator and keep watch.

@Jim: "Those UWM bastards seem to place security devices everywhere. Remember to use your cameyes to locate them."
You sweep the hall for monitoring devices. By which I mean you quite literally drag your giant robot arms across the walls, grinding and smashing off anything that might be clinging to them. It seems effective, you don't find any monitoring devices afterwards.

You head back to the elevator and examine mesk's bypass. You try to memorize it.

Be generally helpful.

[hidden roll:5+1]

Lars has a seizure and collapses to the ground for a moment before getting back up, swaying around drunkenly.

((Heh, sorry Pariah, I know Auron must be devastated about losing this chance for unprecedented looting. But hey, at least it also killed that Urban Executor that was messing with his mind. Well, probably, it could've been someone else, but most likely not. Oh well.))

"Is there really nothing that's just going to go smoothly in this mission? Now the frakking elevator is working against us. Urgh, this is all costing us precious time.

Bishop, Auron, try to get that elevator working. If you can't get it down here in a minute or so, then we'll move on to 'the Bishop maneuver', also known as 'blasting our way through the damn floors untill we get where we need to'.

I'll be getting ready for plan B while you guys are working."

Contact Steve, ask him to advise me on where I should aim my Giant Laser to cut a hole that goes up through several levels to where we need to be (or at least as high up as possible), while preferably not slicing up the command room. Once ideal place is located, start preparing for making that shot (aka prepare dynamic bonus for next turn.)

If, however, they are able to get that elevator down, then use previous action (=drop elevator down so that we can climb in the shaft unimpeded, then start climbing).

Steve directs you through a slow dance of "Back up. Another few feet. Now turn left. Your other left. Walk forward. Keep going..." Until you're in the optimal position. You point your laser at the ceiling and aim, very carefully.

Wait... what the fuck was i thinking...

run back and literally loot the urban executor after using my machete to sever the head, as in his head and entire body are going into my pack. Break his spine and fold him in half if necessary.
grab the least melted shield and head back to try to override the elevator.

If we fail to get it moving via overrides, shoot at its brakes instead.

They're literally nothing useful on him. His equipment is either melted because of the life locks or melted because of Miya. Seriously, you're not gonna get anything from him except burnt meat.

As per that shield, you find one thats not completely fucked, but using is basically like holding a large cookie sheet in front of you; it's not very big and it has nowhere left to hold it other then on the sides.

And the elevator breaks aren't visible from the bottom. At least...you think they're not? Hard to say, very dark in there and far away. Stuff sort of blends together.

Keep an eye out for trouble.
You carefully detach one of your robot eyes and roll it down the hall at Flint while making eye puns.

"I've got my eye on you!"

"Alright. Move aside and give me a bit of room."

Commence an elevator override to send it to the bottom floor and then lock it down there. If I think it will take too long, tell Miyamoto so he can cut through the roof for us. Provide cover for us while he does so and stay the hell away from the cameras and windows.
[aux:4+1]

You casually tear open the panel and root around in the circuitry until you manage to connect the right series of wires and override the elevator's locked down state. You send it down, toward whatever the lowest floor is, and gesture exaggeratedly at the open shaft.

"Your vertical pathway to victory awaits."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16419 on: October 08, 2013, 01:00:46 pm »

Jim waits for Mesk and Lars to go through, then follows as fast as he can.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16420 on: October 08, 2013, 02:11:56 pm »

((Not much I can do now...))

Make sure I haven't missed anything hidden in the vents. Keep watching my cameras and listening for trouble.

Check my atmospheric sensors and see if it's safe to open my helmet. If it's safe, open my helmet and start smoking a normal smoke to ease the tension.

((@SeriousConcentrate: You saw what happened to Lars?))
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 06:03:45 am by Parisbre56 »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16421 on: October 08, 2013, 02:20:59 pm »

(Considering Jim is focusing everything on keeping the door open, no, not really.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16422 on: October 08, 2013, 02:34:27 pm »

Lars staggers around.  "Ppp.. Praise the gods!  They have *cough* blessed me migghtylylyll!"  He leans heavily toward the opening.

Stagger in the door.  Wheeee!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16423 on: October 08, 2013, 03:54:42 pm »

((I'll just assume Bishop told Miya about the lift over radio.))

"Great work Bishop, great work. I'll be over in a second, just gotta blast this hole here. It will act as a distraction, and hopefully force them to spread out their forces. And if we get stuck in that shaft we'll have a quick secondary route to take.

Auron, get into position dammit. We already went over everything, there'll be enough time to look around for stuff once we've captured the whole damn planet.
And by the way, I'm going first, then you, Bishop last to watch our back."

Use laser, shooting where Steve told me to. Immediately sprint over to the elevator after the shot, and get climbing!

Exit the elevator shaft 4 levels before the top one.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 06:34:40 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16424 on: October 08, 2013, 06:50:55 pm »

Quote from: piecewise
They're literally nothing useful on him. His equipment is
either melted because of the life locks or melted because of
Miya. Seriously, you're not gonna get anything from him
except burnt meat.
Oh i beg to differ, i can get a variety of useful, strange or theoretically edible things from him and after the mission i intend to harvest them.

make sure urban executor corpse is in my pack, go where miyamoto says and blast any sods we encounter after climbing.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 06:54:29 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 1093 1094 [1095] 1096 1097 ... 1256