Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1094 1095 [1096] 1097 1098 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3823641 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Slash and Burn
« Reply #16425 on: October 08, 2013, 07:29:50 pm »

Guard that van.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16426 on: October 08, 2013, 08:13:10 pm »

Quote from: Teal > Assault Team
Possible S.W. in our area.
Possible S.W. not in your area
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16427 on: October 08, 2013, 08:27:29 pm »

Quote from: piecewise
They're literally nothing useful on him. His equipment is
either melted because of the life locks or melted because of
Miya. Seriously, you're not gonna get anything from him
except burnt meat.
Oh i beg to differ, i can get a variety of useful, strange or theoretically edible things from him and after the mission i intend to harvest them.
((Hm...Think any would make good pills?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16428 on: October 08, 2013, 09:25:39 pm »

except burnt meat.
Oh i beg to differ, i can get a variety of useful, strange or theoretically edible things from him and after the mission i intend to harvest them.
((Parts of the shade cloak might provide an interesting effect.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16429 on: October 08, 2013, 09:33:44 pm »

except burnt meat.
((Parts of the shade cloak might provide an interesting effect.))
((Excellent...I wonder if the lab rats will be free...))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16430 on: October 09, 2013, 12:10:51 am »

((No GWG, we are the lab rats. Or were. Probably still are.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16431 on: October 09, 2013, 12:21:43 am »

((No GWG, we are the lab rats. Or were. Probably still are.))
((As in the Doctor gives you the animals, which are all made out of dead people.
What happened to that basalisk?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16432 on: October 09, 2013, 12:24:51 am »

((Piecewise the Lizard is probably chilling out wherever May left it last. Wonder where Cog's four companions went, or if they were made/birthed at all, because he technically didn't have them in his possession before melting.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16433 on: October 09, 2013, 12:28:14 am »

"Rear-guard it is then."

Take up the rear-guard position and watch our collective backs. Stay alert and keep an eye on Auron, making sure to alert the group if I see anything. Stay cautious as always.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16434 on: October 09, 2013, 11:47:38 am »

Jim waits for Mesk and Lars to go through, then follows as fast as he can.
Lars staggers around.  "Ppp.. Praise the gods!  They have *cough* blessed me migghtylylyll!"  He leans heavily toward the opening.

Stagger in the door.  Wheeee!

Guard that van.
What the....I don't.....Whatever.

Lars staggers past the door and Jim grabs an apparently very confused Mesk by the collar and hucks him through before following and releasing the door. It goes back to clanging away like before. Beyond the door of OSHA nightmares is a short hall that leads to a catwalk bridging out into dark, empty space, as though extending into a cave mouth. Occasional flashes of emergency lights shows the walkway continuing for a bit before meeting up with some massive metallic form hanging in the center of a spiderweb of supports. It's like walking on a path straight into the mouth of some squatting arachnid titan.

Lars, stumbling already, jerks around a bit and has to lean against the wall to stay on his feet.

"OOOOOW my head...."

((Not much I can do now...))

Make sure I haven't missed anything hidden in the vents. Keep watching my cameras and listening for trouble.

Check my atmospheric sensors and see if it's safe to open my helmet. If it's safe, open my helmet and start smoking a normal smoke to ease the tension.

((@SeriousConcentrate: You saw what happened to Lars?))
Yeah, it's safe to smoke inside your completely enclosed and armored mecha.

You take a few puffs while looking around for more cameras or microphones. You don't find any.

((I'll just assume Bishop told Miya about the lift over radio.))

"Great work Bishop, great work. I'll be over in a second, just gotta blast this hole here. It will act as a distraction, and hopefully force them to spread out their forces. And if we get stuck in that shaft we'll have a quick secondary route to take.

Auron, get into position dammit. We already went over everything, there'll be enough time to look around for stuff once we've captured the whole damn planet.
And by the way, I'm going first, then you, Bishop last to watch our back."

Use laser, shooting where Steve told me to. Immediately sprint over to the elevator after the shot, and get climbing!

Exit the elevator shaft 4 levels before the top one.

[con:4+1]
You sweep a circular cut into the ceiling and step to the side as it collapses down in a nice, neat stack of several floors. That done you immediately run to the elevator and start climbing upward. You make it a whole 10 stories up before one of the other doors along the shaft opens and a head pokes out and looks down at you.

You resist the urge to wave.

except burnt meat.

make sure urban executor corpse is in my pack, go where miyamoto says and blast any sods we encounter after climbing.
Ok. But carrying that corpse in your bag is gonna make talking to people rather awkward. Not to mention gonna give you dex negatives if you're in enclosed spaces.

"Rear-guard it is then."

Take up the rear-guard position and watch our collective backs. Stay alert and keep an eye on Auron, making sure to alert the group if I see anything. Stay cautious as always.
Are you guys riding Miyamoto up the shaft....

Wait that sounds really dirty some how...

Anyways, are you with him while he's going or are you waiting down below, ready to fly up after he's cleared the way?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16435 on: October 09, 2013, 11:56:10 am »

Lars staggers.  "The gods... they are w-w-w-with us today.  Yeeep!  Woo.  Do you feel it, brothers?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #16436 on: October 09, 2013, 12:38:15 pm »

(Vanguard.  That's what I was getting at.)

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16437 on: October 09, 2013, 12:56:23 pm »

"Hey, Mesky!  My head hurts.  Kick my suit and make it go away, okay?  Praise be gods and stuff."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16438 on: October 09, 2013, 01:44:17 pm »

What the....I don't.....Whatever.
((...Remalle, you have done something horribly wrong.))
Sig

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16439 on: October 09, 2013, 02:02:12 pm »

((Lars was the one hit in the brain, but Mesk is the one spouting non-sequiturs. Curious.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 1094 1095 [1096] 1097 1098 ... 1256