Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1098 1099 [1100] 1101 1102 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3809131 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Slash and Burn
« Reply #16485 on: October 14, 2013, 09:12:32 am »

Question Steve about directions.
((Just to save you some time, Steve has already given you directions and your have 4 options:
  • Follow Miyamoto out the window and start climbing from the outside.
  • Use the stairs (Miyamoto can't use the stairs due to size).
  • Climb the elevator shaft.
  • Use the hole Miyamoto made with his laser.
  • Use the superlaser to cut another hole.
Of course, you don't all have to use one option, you can always split up. Have Miyamoto climb from one direction to draw their attention and then you fly up from another direction and flank them.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16486 on: October 14, 2013, 09:24:42 am »

(I believe Mesk can even regenerate his brain, although he won't remember anything. I think. I can't remember exactly how PW phrased it, but short answer is that as long as he has enough matter to convert, Mesk can regenerate anything.)

((So if i were to systematically harvest him for parts no-one would have any objections as long as i supplied him with an equivalent amount of raw materials?))

move away from the windows and hold my shield out in front of me whilst gripping it with both hands in such a way that my weapon hangs out and can fire upon any discovered enemies.

If miyamoto wants me to climb the outside of the building: Store the shield in my pack and climb the building, if an enemy is sighted stop climbing and begin hurling lightning bolts at them until they get the message, retrieve it at the first opportunity after finishing the ascent.

If he doesnt want me to follow then take the stairs while holding my shield in the aforementioned manner.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16487 on: October 14, 2013, 09:30:33 am »

(I believe Mesk can even regenerate his brain, although he won't remember anything. I think. I can't remember exactly how PW phrased it, but short answer is that as long as he has enough matter to convert, Mesk can regenerate anything.)
((He can regenerate anything, but the brain will regenerate blank - not in the "no memories" sense, but in the "complete vegetable" sense. So he can survive brain damage, but severe loss of brain matter will lead to loss of memory and personality.))

((So if i were to systematically harvest him for parts no-one would have any objections as long as i supplied him with an equivalent amount of raw materials?))
((Except Mesk himself, probably. You'd have to compensate him for the trouble, in all likelihood, plus deal with minimachine contamination that might spontaneously grow a new Mesk if they freak out enough.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16488 on: October 14, 2013, 09:36:20 am »

(Sean makes a good point, and I'm not sure why you'd want to harvest him for parts. @_@)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16489 on: October 14, 2013, 09:55:58 am »

((Except Mesk himself, probably. You'd have to compensate him for the trouble, in all likelihood, plus deal with minimachine contamination that might spontaneously grow a new Mesk if they freak out enough.))
((A vegetable mesk clone would make things a lot easier for me and mesk both, i could harvest all the parts i like by tricking them into moving away from my desired parts and he wouldnt have to deal with me cutting on him for 10 turns straight.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16490 on: October 14, 2013, 12:07:14 pm »

((That does raise an interesting question- if you took a whole Mesk and cut off his head, which piece would start regrowing?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16491 on: October 14, 2013, 12:13:20 pm »

Climb back inside, go to the hole we made with the laser and start going up as fast as possible.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #16492 on: October 14, 2013, 12:31:30 pm »

(A new head would grow from the body.  Again, a blank-slate brain'd one.  Don't know what would happen to the remaining head - you could probably bring it back and get the doctor to regenerate a body manually?  Or else you'd just have to put my head on a bot and I'd effectively lose my regen.)

"Allow me, Glorious Leader."
Lead the charge.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16493 on: October 14, 2013, 01:54:21 pm »

(A new head would grow from the body.  Again, a blank-slate brain'd one.  Don't know what would happen to the remaining head - you could probably bring it back and get the doctor to regenerate a body manually?  Or else you'd just have to put my head on a bot and I'd effectively lose my regen.)

Lead the charge.
((You should either ask the Doc or experiment by yourself in VR if it's possible. If your head is cut off and a new one grows, then the new one is cut off and the old (dead) one is stuck into its place, would the minibots recognize and revive the old head, or assimilate it for parts and build another brainless one?))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16494 on: October 15, 2013, 01:25:30 pm »

((Well, that's certainly better then what I had in mind. Now to find another way to waste time...))

"...and the Ice-9 incident. And the serial killer mission. And the-Hmmm... Serial killer. That reminds me..."

Keep watching and waiting and listening and smoking. Take some pictures of my masterwork and send them to Steve for his propaganda effort.
Watching, waiting, listening, smoking and a few more -ings all while taking pictures and sending them to steve? Thats quite a bit of multi-tasking. I'm considering giving you some sort of INT check to do all that at once without sticking a cigarette in your ear or something.

Nah. We'll say you send your pictures without unduly harassing your orifices.

Lead the charge.
You take about two steps into the room.
[end:4]
Several dozen deep gouges and cuts explode across your skin and spray blood in every direction. It's as though your flesh literally detonated from the inside out. It doesn't hurt though, it's just sort of a strange thing to happen. You look around and see what you assume is a UE hiding in a blindspot near the doorway.

"Yep, We got one." You shout back to Jim as your flesh begins to knit itself together. "Want I should jump him?"

The UE makes the decision for you though, leaping out from cover and running straight into the doorway, face to rippling pecs with Jim.

Jim checks the room with various vision modes of his cameyes. Then, assuming nothing happens to Mesk after ten seconds, follows him in.
Jim cracks his knuckles as he looks down on the UE.
[dex:2 spine reroll: 4+1]

The UE doesn't even have a chance to move.
[str:3+1]
All four arms come in at once in a quadruple karate chop. The effect is less Bruce lee and more Accidentally walking into a combine harvester. The Former UE falls to the ground in roughly 6 pieces.

((Just throw Lars in there and have him tank the obviously trapped room.))

Lars felt inwardly warm.  The glory of the gods in their inscrutable ways was being revealed to him.

Approach the dream figure, paying the proper respects.
The figure points upwards toward the stars with one of it's many cilia. The milky way spins overhead, the white spattering of stars now glowing an angry dull red, it's shape much distorted. The being speaks to you, it's voice a like the sound of cracking glass.

"SentientspeciesmacrolifecycledivinityisselffulfillingKardashevcouldnotpredicttheyliftthestarsanddrinkthewavesoflight"

((Yep, that's about right for Mesk's regen. But if his brain is destroyed, he'll still be braindead and therefore effectively dead, even though the bots will make a new brain for his body.))

"Overkill much?" Bishop mutters to himself before pulling Auron and himself away from the windows. "Okay Steve. Which way do we go from my current position?"

Get Auron and myself into cover and well away from those windows ASAP. Question Steve about directions.

Climb back inside, go to the hole we made with the laser and start going up as fast as possible.

move away from the windows and hold my shield out in front of me whilst gripping it with both hands in such a way that my weapon hangs out and can fire upon any discovered enemies.

If miyamoto wants me to climb the outside of the building: Store the shield in my pack and climb the building, if an enemy is sighted stop climbing and begin hurling lightning bolts at them until they get the message, retrieve it at the first opportunity after finishing the ascent.

If he doesnt want me to follow then take the stairs while holding my shield in the aforementioned manner.

"Nope."

Miyamoto jerks himself back up into the room with a single motion.

"NOPE."

He grabs Auron and Bishop in one hand and tucks them under his arm as he leaps back through the shaft.

"NOPE."

He walks back to the hole he cut in the ceiling and starts climbing up, leaping several floors at a time.

"NOPE. We're going upstairs. And we're doing it now."

Eventually the hole cut by the laser ends and he just starts punching his way up through, trailing a plume of wreckage behind him. Eventually, he punches his way up into a hall and is immediately rapped across the knuckles by several gauss shells.

"Oh boy!" He drops Bishop and Auron on the ground of the level below. "Looks like we have company again. The question is, how do we go about greeting them?" He looks at his rather stunned squad mates. "I'm thinking gift baskets. Gift Baskets of MY FOOT UP THEIR ASS!"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16495 on: October 15, 2013, 02:07:40 pm »

"Takes care of that. You all right, Mesk?"

After ascertaining Mesk's wellbeing, Jim takes a second sweep of the room with cameyes and then looks for his objective.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16496 on: October 15, 2013, 02:08:18 pm »

((Well now.  This has interesting implications.))

Lars basked in what he is learning here.  He did not fully understand, but surely this was a message of divine importance.

"O divine being, I implore you to tell me more.  Grant me your wisdom and visions!"

Continue to seek knowledge.

((On that note, I wonder if Stacy's star god is now kosher to speak of now that the Men In Black are dealt with.  Too bad he doesn't remember it.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16497 on: October 15, 2013, 02:54:20 pm »

"GIFT BASKETS FOR EVERYBODY!"

Start handing the sods gift baskets. They contain large helpings of I-beam to the face, in addition to my foot up their ass. Free refills.

Keep going up in the way we just did once they're dealt with.

(Oh, and heavy projectiles get send back with amp, and scary high priority targets like Urban Exeggutors are dealt with either by melee or laser, whatever is most convenient).
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 03:35:29 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #16498 on: October 15, 2013, 03:34:54 pm »

"Huh?  Oh, yeah, I'm fine, whatever.  Should we keep going?"
Keep moving, opening doors where necessary and have a sandwich if I'm hungry.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16499 on: October 15, 2013, 03:45:03 pm »

take the stairs up to the next level and begin.firing at the sods whilst cowering behind my shield.

Pages: 1 ... 1098 1099 [1100] 1101 1102 ... 1256