Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1099 1100 [1101] 1102 1103 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3832551 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Slash and Burn
« Reply #16500 on: October 15, 2013, 03:47:37 pm »

"Yeah, let's keep it going. We don't have the luxury of time to sit on our asses."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16501 on: October 15, 2013, 05:40:11 pm »

((Hey, it's not that much to do. I use my mouth and lungs to smoke, my ears to listen, my eyes to watch the various screens in the battlesuit, my hands (out of the control cuffs) to send the pictures to steve through the battlesuit's computers, my legs (in the control cuffs) to position myself to take the picture and waiting with... well waiting is the absence of any task, so that doesn't count. If anything it should probably be a dex roll to not trip because I wasn't paying much attention to walking and wasn't using my hands to keep my balance. Or a will roll to not be distracted or get overly focused on one activity. Although the int roll to multitask does remind me of a pretty bad blonde joke...))

Ask Steve: "I was reading the logs from the serial killer mission, and I saw you said you had the shutdown codes for their camouflage devices. Any chance the investigation team could find the codes to disable our enemies' camouflage in their 'Shadow Ship'?"

((Let's hope what Lars is seeing is a vision of one of humanity's possible futures and not an alien we'll have to face soon. Although, given the kind of universe we live in, I'd guess it's the latter.
Or even worse, both. Remember that exploration ship that went missing while jumping and was still missing after many years had passed? Imagine that ship finally arriving to its destination 1000 years into the future. Imagine how alien the world will look to them. Now imagine that thing happening to the Sword.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16502 on: October 15, 2013, 10:34:04 pm »

Cover Auron with the rocket rifle at medium range, or the gauss rifle if we move to close range. Let Miyamoto know what we're doing over the radio. And for god's sake, keep myself and Auron in cover!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16503 on: October 15, 2013, 11:31:01 pm »

Cover Auron with the rocket rifle at medium range, or the gauss rifle if we move to close range. Let Miyamoto know what we're doing over the radio. And for god's sake, keep myself and Auron in cover!
((Shield counts as cover right?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16504 on: October 16, 2013, 07:20:05 am »

((Not gonna risk staying behind a shield all the time. A good thick wall would be better in my opinion, but the shield may buy time if we get caught in the open. That's all it's really good for anyway.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16505 on: October 16, 2013, 10:42:59 am »

"Takes care of that. You all right, Mesk?"

After ascertaining Mesk's wellbeing, Jim takes a second sweep of the room with cameyes and then looks for his objective.
Mesk confirms he's ok, slightly hungry, but ok. You make another sweep of the room with your cameyes but find nothing. Your objective, you would assume, is that central dais. If there's anything in here that resembles a connection point, it's that.

"Huh?  Oh, yeah, I'm fine, whatever.  Should we keep going?"
Keep moving, opening doors where necessary and have a sandwich if I'm hungry.
You stand against the wall as Jim wanders around the Node room, searching for something. You don't have any food on you...but there is that body right there...It's not really cannibalism after all, you're just using biomass to regenerate yourself. Nothing weird about that, right?

((Well now.  This has interesting implications.))

Lars basked in what he is learning here.  He did not fully understand, but surely this was a message of divine importance.

"O divine being, I implore you to tell me more.  Grant me your wisdom and visions!"

Continue to seek knowledge.

((On that note, I wonder if Stacy's star god is now kosher to speak of now that the Men In Black are dealt with.  Too bad he doesn't remember it.))
"Alliscoalescencestarsplanetsgodsallarenotbornbutflowtogetherproductsofimmensitygravitymasssentiencebuiltwithincognitioncarriesinstinctofspeciessurvivorshipevolutiononmacroscalewhatisgodthinkcondensate"

((Hey, it's not that much to do. I use my mouth and lungs to smoke, my ears to listen, my eyes to watch the various screens in the battlesuit, my hands (out of the control cuffs) to send the pictures to steve through the battlesuit's computers, my legs (in the control cuffs) to position myself to take the picture and waiting with... well waiting is the absence of any task, so that doesn't count. If anything it should probably be a dex roll to not trip because I wasn't paying much attention to walking and wasn't using my hands to keep my balance. Or a will roll to not be distracted or get overly focused on one activity. Although the int roll to multitask does remind me of a pretty bad blonde joke...))

Ask Steve: "I was reading the logs from the serial killer mission, and I saw you said you had the shutdown codes for their camouflage devices. Any chance the investigation team could find the codes to disable our enemies' camouflage in their 'Shadow Ship'?"

((Let's hope what Lars is seeing is a vision of one of humanity's possible futures and not an alien we'll have to face soon. Although, given the kind of universe we live in, I'd guess it's the latter.
Or even worse, both. Remember that exploration ship that went missing while jumping and was still missing after many years had passed? Imagine that ship finally arriving to its destination 1000 years into the future. Imagine how alien the world will look to them. Now imagine that thing happening to the Sword.))
>Entirely possible, though hard to say one way or another. I can't accurately predict what will be on that ship, but that is definitely an option.

"GIFT BASKETS FOR EVERYBODY!"

Start handing the sods gift baskets. They contain large helpings of I-beam to the face, in addition to my foot up their ass. Free refills.

Keep going up in the way we just did once they're dealt with.

(Oh, and heavy projectiles get send back with amp, and scary high priority targets like Urban Exeggutors are dealt with either by melee or laser, whatever is most convenient).

You leap straight up, through the roof, and into the hallway. It's a fairly boring hallway, which seems only to warrant guarding because of the large, important looking door at one end. The end filled with sods, of course.
[Dex:5+1+1]
[Str:4+2]
[will:1+1]
You charge the assembled forces, wading through gauss rounds and lasers like they were horseflies. You swing your I-beam around like a homerun batter, reducing Sods to a red mush and hurling their bodies around the room. You're about half way through your merry murder spree when you stop. You turn and drop back down the hole, to where your teammates are starting to undertake their own murder or premurder actions.
[dex:2+1-1]
You take a hard swing at bishops head, but the avatar fights you, straining against the action and forcing the blow to whiff right over your teammate's skull.

>It appears you're being controlled. I'm going to drop the mental blocks on the Avatar for a second or so. Hold on.

For an instant the avatar is in your head with you, a flow of redhot mercury through your skull, a pulse of alien thoughts and alien feelings of which you have no words to describe. It is overwhelming. When it vanishes a moment later you seem to be back in control of yourself.

take the stairs up to the next level and begin.firing at the sods whilst cowering behind my shield.
The only stairs you can find are quite a bit away from Miyamoto's short cut, and, in following them, they lead to an entirely different, yet similarly guarded hallway. You manage to peek out and survey the guards without being noticed. There are at least 10 of them, all armed, half hidden behind a metal barricade. Seems they expected you to come this way.

You head after Auron, though you could swear you just felt a breeze...oh well. You end up in the same place as him, looking down a hallway filled with sods and another big fat metal door. Seems like this hall is another defensive point leading to the hall Miyamoto breached.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16506 on: October 16, 2013, 10:44:31 am »

Jim puts Lars down near the door, asks Mesk to close the door, and ascends the dais to look for the connection point.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 04:06:31 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #16507 on: October 16, 2013, 10:48:37 am »

"Hmm... hey Jim, you mind going on ahead for a bit?  I'll catch up."
Mesk stops, breaks eye contact with the corpse and hurries to catch up with Jim.
"...never mind.  Don't know what I was thinking."
Keep an eye out for a fridge or something as we keep moving.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16508 on: October 16, 2013, 10:58:59 am »

"Sure, I don't mind. You can watch Lars. Someone needs to, anyway. And can you make sure that door gets closed? We don't need people creeping in behind us," Jim said over his shoulder as he proceeded toward the dias. He was also conveniently ignoring Mesk's 'nevermind'.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16509 on: October 16, 2013, 11:05:42 am »

((Interesting, now.))

The being was giving him a message, but Lars was not comprehending it.  Was he saying...

"What matter of divinity are you?  What message should I bring back of your will?  Condensate?"

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16510 on: October 16, 2013, 12:25:56 pm »

((Oh shit... That was close... Thank god for Avatar auto-defences...))

"Damn. Looks like that's out of our league. If we try to take 'em, they'll nail us or blast us out with grenades. We'll have to follow up after Miyamoto."

Pull back to the hole that the Avatar made and take up a position to cover for any sods coming out of it or poking their heads down. Watch out for grenades and duck into cover as soon as I see any.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16511 on: October 16, 2013, 12:29:57 pm »

((Oh shit... That was close... Thank god for Avatar auto-defences...))

"Damn. Looks like that's out of our league. If we try to take 'em, they'll nail us or blast us out with grenades. We'll have to follow up after Miyamoto."

Pull back to the hole that the Avatar made and take up a position to cover for any sods coming out of it or poking their heads down. Watch out for grenades and duck into cover as soon as I see any.
((Do Sod suits have insulation good enough to protect against being electrocuted by suddenly electrified metal barricades?))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16512 on: October 16, 2013, 12:32:48 pm »

((I don't think we'll be able to put out enough power to take down all those sods. And even then, the odds are against us.

Damn, I wish we brought throw able grenades... Something to keep in mind for the future people!))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16513 on: October 16, 2013, 12:44:09 pm »

((I don't think we'll be able to put out enough power to take down all those sods. And even then, the odds are against us.

Damn, I wish we brought throw able grenades... Something to keep in mind for the future people!))
((A Tesla Saber theoretically has enough power in it to shock and kill, or at least stun, a whole group of people.

Now if only you had some way to use a Tesla Saber without having to run up to the target...))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16514 on: October 16, 2013, 01:16:59 pm »

((I'd rather think Sods are rather capable of catching a grenade in the air and returning it to sender.

That's why you need SPACE MAGIC.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 1099 1100 [1101] 1102 1103 ... 1256