Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1112 1113 [1114] 1115 1116 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3832640 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Toph Ain't Nothing
« Reply #16695 on: October 29, 2013, 06:28:49 pm »

((If you want to detonate it early, try creating a solid wall of force in its path. It hits the wall, thinks it hit the target and detonates. Although, this would only work if it had a contact detonator, and not some other obscure type. Still, creating a stationary wall of force is still easier than tracking a supersonic nuclear munition and heating it, because even if you disable the nuclear part, you still have a large kinetic object hurtling towards you at extremely high speed. And if you melted it, you have a large stream of molten metal hurtling towards you.))

((I considered something like this, but problem is Miya's limited mindpoints. Heating a small sphere is one of the easiest things to do with any manip, though the fact that it has to be done at a precise location on short notice may complicate things. It's kinda up to how PW determines the difficulty of different manip actions. As for exploding it early, I'm afraid detonating it early will still wreck the building, while a stream of molten metal won't destroy the whole command room, presumably. ))
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 06:37:04 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16696 on: October 29, 2013, 07:12:35 pm »

((If only Jim was there, he could probably just form a box around it and contain the whole blast. Wait... You could probably do that and easier.))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16697 on: October 29, 2013, 07:28:13 pm »

((Jim has also performed less spess majicks and therefore probably has more mind points, or mana. Which means he won't get any penalties to amp use. And if you think amp overshoots are bad, try amp critfails. Actually, we've only seen manipulator critfails. Amp critfails are presumably gorier. As in your head asplode.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16698 on: October 29, 2013, 08:11:59 pm »

((Bah, don't be silly. piecewise is creative.
You head would implode.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16699 on: October 29, 2013, 08:27:47 pm »

((True. And if that was all that happened, we'd be hella lucky.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16700 on: October 29, 2013, 09:12:40 pm »

((What about reversing it's direction with the vector function of the universal manipulator? Then the bullet will shoot the guy.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16701 on: October 29, 2013, 09:56:08 pm »

((Meh, a bit derivative. There can only be one One, you know.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16702 on: October 29, 2013, 10:30:42 pm »

((UNIVERSAL manipulator.  Turn its fissionable material to strawberry pudding.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16703 on: October 29, 2013, 10:32:23 pm »

((Create a rift in space time to swallow the round. Problem solved!))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16704 on: October 29, 2013, 10:43:05 pm »

((A small but superdense gravity well should do it.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16705 on: October 29, 2013, 10:45:56 pm »

((What about reversing it's direction with the vector function of the universal manipulator? Then the bullet will shoot the guy.))
((It is remote-controlled and has directional rockets. The thing would backflip and return to its original path of "kill avatar" unless its propulsion systems were also crippled and only then it was tossed back towards the sender.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16706 on: October 29, 2013, 11:02:28 pm »

use jump rockets to blast myself outside through the nearest convenient exit, probably the hole miyamoto made in the control room wall, then fire my rockets again to launch myself downwards keeping my body between the loot and the explosion and my shield between the explosion and my body.

Allow my hardpoint to fire upon the LESHO round as im fleeing.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16707 on: October 30, 2013, 01:12:36 am »

((Radio, I'm going to have to ask you to do something different than just try to overheat the damn thing. It's clearly got heat shielding to a high degree, so it's probably not going to work. You need to do something different with your universal manipulator. Doesn't have to be much, some of the people here have good ideas on how to deal with it, but you've got to do something other than using heat! PLEASE!))

Get underneath Miyamoto RIGHT NOW and use his body as a shelter. Curl up in a ball, cover my head and neck with my arms, and pray.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16708 on: October 30, 2013, 01:47:16 am »

((I should point out that a quarter kiloton charge in this case is only dangerous because of massive collateral damage. While it can and will well and truly f*ck up an Avatar, those things are, as far as I recall, built to survive a megaton bomb detonation in reasonable proximity. Someone used an Avatar to fire a nuclear LESHO point-blank at something in VR, as I recall, and got away with only ruined equipment.

Which brings two points to mind. One, Miyamoto can pretty much try for an "Iron Giant" maneuver, except he doesn't have boosters. The cloak and all that armor should shield him sufficiently, although he's likely to be propelled away from the combat zone. Two, if the target is the Avatar rather than the control room and everything within a mile or two of it, that might not actually be a nuclear round, so heating and otherwise trying to detonate it might as well not work. Redirecting or scrambling its guidance would seem to be the most surefire way to stop it. Maybe you could try freezing it? That would stop its guidance thrusters.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16709 on: October 30, 2013, 02:19:18 am »

((I would just turn the damn thing into a sponge and let it get burned up by it's own heat.))
Pages: 1 ... 1112 1113 [1114] 1115 1116 ... 1256