Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1174 1175 [1176] 1177 1178 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3832343 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Combat Teams
« Reply #17625 on: December 20, 2013, 05:20:26 pm »

((I vote we take pictures of the anomalies caused by Grate-32 and threaten the UVM with them.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #17626 on: December 20, 2013, 05:20:27 pm »

"I got basic weapons training, before they moved me to the amp program."
Felix taps the side of his helmet.

Continue acquiring dynamic Con bonus. Take point with Morul and Xan, following right behind them since I have no idea where we're going. Help Morul wrestle the laser into position if applicable, unless that involves an Aux roll.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 12:38:44 pm by swordsmith04 »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #17627 on: December 20, 2013, 05:41:31 pm »

((I vote we take pictures of the anomalies caused by Grate-32 and threaten the UVM with them.))

(("We didn't take over the planet, it was silent when we got here, and we found these things and are investigating them, now go away before anything bad happens."))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17628 on: December 20, 2013, 05:50:11 pm »

(("We didn't take over the planet, it was silent when we got here, and we found these things and are investigating them, now go away before anything bad happens."))
((That works, too.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17629 on: December 20, 2013, 05:50:49 pm »

((As per amp cleanup- was Radiocontrolled and his team doing that, or Jim kisane and Xan's team? Because we were pretty neatly divvied up before we came to this thread.))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17630 on: December 20, 2013, 05:52:34 pm »

((Jim's team.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17631 on: December 21, 2013, 10:21:07 am »

((Okay, since no one objected to me being squad leader, and no one else seems to want it, I'll take it.))

"Okay, who here is going on the amp cleanup team? State your name, and what you're good at. And just a note, the large thing talking to me is on our side. Tempting as it may be, don't cook him. And we'll figure out the knife later. I'd hand it to the AM for safe keeping, but she's gone missing."
Quietly watch the speaker from beside Jim.

((I'm coming with you.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17632 on: December 21, 2013, 11:19:04 am »

"Alright, Leo, grab a flamethrower and take up the rear. Felix, Xan and I will take point. Amp users and medics stick in the middle. Now, remember, we have no idea what's going to be down there, so stay sharp. Watch the vents, side passages and any doors. It's only paranoia if you're wrong."

Get help either wrestling the cutter into position, or activating it if it's already in position.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17633 on: December 21, 2013, 01:17:11 pm »

((Edited action to reflect plan))
Sig! Onol

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17634 on: December 21, 2013, 03:38:33 pm »

Morul. I require either my knife back or one token for it after we get back. Just to note.

Take point with Morul. Stay vigilant.

((Maybe I should be named Smaug for now?))

Operation :420 dragon follow YOLO is a go.

((Okay, since no one objected to me being squad leader, and no one else seems to want it, I'll take it.))
((Well, normally I'd say to announce it IC, but since the need for a new squad leader is player absence in the first place... Yeah, just go for it. Good luck.))

((By the way, I'm mostly going to be talking to Steve so the rest of my team gets a chance to do something besides mindlessly staying in follow mode. Unless they want me to check out certain anomalies first of course.

I'll try not to ask too many questions at once, but if I do, just tell me to slow down.))

"Hey Steve, those laser cannon batteries, are those configured for anti-spaceship duty only, or could they also be used to shoot missiles out of the sky? And what about dropships doing evasive maneuvers, could they handle that?

About not nuking us: once they realize they won't be taking back their planet from us, how probable is it they'll nuke us anyways, just to spite us? And if they decide to just start saturation-bombing this area with kinetic weapons from beyond our laser cannon range, what do we do against that?

Oh, and what do you plan on doing with the Sword when they come? Leave it in it's cradle, or take it into space? It'll be vulnerable either way I'm afraid, but from a good position in space it might be able to bring its guns to bear once the UWM ships are tied up by the planet-bound cannons."

Talkies to Steve.

>You weren't around for any of the hotdrops where you? Hmm If you know about the china-9 Drop, they're similar to those batteries but a bit better. They're designed to take out anything in the air, ships, missiles, whatever. And they're very good at it, but they're not perfect. Evasive maneuvers won't always save ships, but when you have lots of ships coming in a once, especially when they're using decoys, the laser's mechanical components can't keep up. The motors and systems used to adjust aim by a few feet from miles straight up, all while the target is falling and juking all over the place are, expectantly, rather complex and trade high speed, large degree movement for accuracy.

Put simply, we're gonna cut the numbers, but we're not gonna get rid of them completely.

Orbital and near orbital level nukes we can handle. The force coming shouldn't have an outrageous number of them and even if we can't get them all, we'll prioritize the most dangerous ones.  Really, this is just gonna be the standard defense force coming back. Either they're not gonna expect any resistance or, worst comes to worst, they'll expect a worker rebellion. They're not gonna have planet killer systems or anything; those haven't been used since the altered war anyways. The UWM rarely glasses a planet any more. Not since the Red moon Rebellion.

That depends on its condition when the time comes. The sword is nothing to scoff at, but this is space combat we're talking about here. It's notoriously fatal, even with a ship as powerful as ours. We do, however, have access to a planet sized manufacturing and research system and none of the qualms of using xeno and xeno derived tech that the UWM does. We could attempt to upgrade the sword and make her a more of a match against these greater odds.

Shit I wasted perfectly good rocks.
Get the rocks back.
You get  your exact rocks from before.

if you want to throw rocks at stuff, you gotta walk over to it first.

"I got basic weapons training, before they moved me to the amp program."
Felix taps the side of his helmet.

Continue acquiring dynamic Con bonus. Take point with Morul and Xan, following right behind them since I have no idea where we're going. Help Morul wrestle the laser into position if applicable, unless that involves an Aux roll.
Hmm I dunno about letting people charge bonuses like that for problems that don't exist yet. Hmm

Morul doesn't seem too interested about cutting into the lower base areas yet. Seems a bit busy arguing with that...dragon...Huh.

"Alright, Leo, grab a flamethrower and take up the rear. Felix, Xan and I will take point. Amp users and medics stick in the middle. Now, remember, we have no idea what's going to be down there, so stay sharp. Watch the vents, side passages and any doors. It's only paranoia if you're wrong."

Get help either wrestling the cutter into position, or activating it if it's already in position.
Miyamoto put the cutter down in the right position, so all you have to do is activate it. Which you do by pressing a single button. Space technology should always be this foolproof.

The cutter clicks on with a hellish hum and, after a few seconds of charging, begins to fire. A point on the ground beneath the laser's tip instantly glows white hot and then collapses into black as it melts and falls away. The motor attached to the laser grunts as electricity flows through it and slowly begins to drag the laser around in a full circle. It makes it about 3/4ths of the way around until the ground collapses and falls into the room below. This starts a cascade of collapsing floors and crushing metal as plumes of dust and smoke pour out of the hole in irregular intervals. Soon after, the laser completes it's rotation and the smoke and dust settle. The hole left behind shows a strange, circular cross section of the dozens of rooms below and shines a single, hard ray of sunlight down towards a pile of metal and stone debris at the bottom.

>Descend slowly. Several of those levels are effected.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17635 on: December 21, 2013, 04:03:50 pm »

"Right. We'll clear this out level by level. Stick close, and if you get separated, get back to the shaft and head up. Xan, you first, because whatever's down there might consider you a friend."

Send Xan down first, then Felix and I go next, followed by any other squad mates, with Leo acting as rearguard.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17636 on: December 21, 2013, 04:07:32 pm »

Very well.

Head down cautiously. Keep an eye out for anything and flamethrower it with my fire breath if it's hostile.
Sig! Onol

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17637 on: December 21, 2013, 04:26:01 pm »

We're supposed to be preparing defences, eh?
Dig a trench, with my pick.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 10:43:26 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #17638 on: December 21, 2013, 04:31:42 pm »

Felix addresses Steve over the radio. "How far down is the infection? How many levels does it affect?"

Climb down in formation to the first affected level.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17639 on: December 21, 2013, 06:41:23 pm »

Teal took a quick look at the hole... That would go REALLY well with a grenade in it. Too bad he didn't bring any.

Teal took a quick look at the hole... That would go REALLY well with a grenade in it. Too bad he didn't bring any.

Retrieve cutter, follow Xan into second level, place cutter on next level down

((The cutter already cut down multiple levels, plus the fact that it's bigger than the hole it cut, and the fact that Miyamoto needed to carry it means that you can't move the cutter even if you needed to.))

Thanks.
Hm. If unable to pick cutter up, follow Xan with namite thrower at ready. If able to pick up cutter, fold it up or something and carry it with me until needed. (If it can fold/backpack-sling, that would be best)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 08:36:30 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 1174 1175 [1176] 1177 1178 ... 1256