Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1178 1179 [1180] 1181 1182 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3832371 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Combat Teams
« Reply #17685 on: December 30, 2013, 10:38:46 pm »

((I have hevay scaleplate so I should at least be able to retaliate if I get attacked :P
But aside from my onship shenanigans and what happened at Ice-9, I actually intend to be more on-task and competent this mission, both for convenience and as part of Xan's character development.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #17686 on: December 30, 2013, 10:51:01 pm »

"What the fuck have I gotten myself into... Is that big lizard fireproof? 'Cause if it isn't, it probably shouldn't be up front. Flamethrowers, and all."

Set up perimeter with Morul and Leo (and Xan, if he's feeling fireproof). Use copious amounts of flamethrower on anything that seems even slightly dangerous and isn't a teammate. Even the floor/walls/ceiling, if it reacts to our presence in any way that could be termed 'hostile'. If nothing happens, keep flamethrower at the ready, anyway. (Can I have that dynamic bonus, now?)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17687 on: December 30, 2013, 10:53:44 pm »

Relatively.

Xan taps his scales, the claw bouncing off with a clink.

Wouldn't have grown these if I didn't think so.
Sig! Onol

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #17688 on: December 30, 2013, 11:18:09 pm »

"Talking lizard. Great." Felix mumbles.
((Are you sure those are fireproof? I don't think PW specifically said they were. Or that they were good insulators.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17689 on: December 30, 2013, 11:20:14 pm »

((I have no idea honestly. I don't think I was too specific when I shifted to the dragon form.
I'm hoping I'm right though.))
Sig! Onol

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17690 on: December 31, 2013, 12:05:59 am »

"Look, it's fireproof the same way we are. As long as we don't get set on fire, we don't get burned. Simple. Now shut up and keep watch."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #17691 on: December 31, 2013, 12:59:42 am »

"Yes. Set on fire inside our fireproof suits."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17692 on: December 31, 2013, 06:38:53 am »

((No time to post, will continue questionbarrage later.))

Which one do you want to head for first? I gotta ask so I know how to kill you.
((Cheeky bastard  ;) ))

Go to the 'mustard gas one first, use manip to raise a 1m high wall to indicate where the anomalous zone begins (using the info from my teammate's rockthrowing). Don't get to close to the electromelt zone itself!
If that whole anomaly gets mapped this turn, go stand 100m behind Gorat, move closer slowly to check where exactly the nausea begins to manifest itself.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17693 on: December 31, 2013, 07:04:32 am »

((I wonder. The Sword is damaged now, conveniently has its HMRC section blown to swiss cheese. How likely are the UWM to believe (at least until it's too late) that Steve was taken out of the loop and it's the HMRC itself that's running things? The benefit would be that they'd believe that the planet itself is somehow overcome and invaded, rather than taken over from within and still functioning at full capacity. This would focus their attention on the Sword's dock, and perhaps make them less likely to employ immediate offensive measures, and make them pay less attention to the defense batteries, that they'd believe would be offline due to the invasion?

Long shot, but we'd still be facing the same fleet anyway, and the Sword can still fly with just some internal and structural repair, even if the HMRC section is full of "structurally superficial ventilation holes". And if the fleet believes that the planet is defenseless, they'd be easier to take by surprise when they come into range...))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #17694 on: December 31, 2013, 12:33:58 pm »

Slowly move closer to the next unmarked anomalous zone, chucking rocks.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17695 on: December 31, 2013, 01:34:08 pm »

Hey, Denzel, you feeling alright? Something here is messing with my squishy human bod.
Make sure my suit is sealed. Mark where the ill feeling starts with a small inukshuk. Wait a few minutes. does the feeling go away. get worse, or stay the same?

Your suit is sealed. You mark the spot where you started feeling bad and then back off a ways. You start to feel a bit better, but the feeling is lingering for a while.

How am I feeling? If I'm feeling robo-sick, then back off a bit and see if the feeling passes. Otherwise, throw a few rocks closer to the pillar, keeping on the lookout for trouble.

((I would go join Morul's team, but it would seem that we may just need some robots up top. That, and Nav already RP'd me up here, and Miya told me to explore, and my action said I was up here. It'll be fun, though! Just like mission 9!

Except hopefully with fewer death-crystals.))

You don't feel bad, so you keep heading forward, throwing rocks as you do. The rocks pass through the pillar without any effect, and the pillar itself doesn't seem to be doing anything to the area around it. It almost seems like it doesn't exist, or at least isn't corporeal. As you get closer, you notice there's something embedded in the ground at the center of the pillar. You take a few more steps but your vision starts to blur. Thats not good...

Teal looks around, wondering if all of this fleshwall has a heart, or just happens to be a lot of separate sheets.
And then shrugs.

floor 13: Continue searching for anomalies. Be cautious about standing on fleshfloor.
Move up alongside flamer crew.

You step carefully across the clotted blood shapes and look around. Nothing seems Overtly more anomalous then anything else around here; it's all pretty fucked up, from what you can see.

"I would like you to pull a couple nukes out your ass so we can blow this place sky high and be done with it, but I suppose that's not really an option yet. Right. Steve, is there gonna be some sort of core to this thing? Or are we gonna have to burn all of it? At any rate, might as well get off here and check things out a bit."

Get everyone onto the thirteenth floor, and set up a perimeter with the flamers on point. Have the more medicine oriented squaddies examine the goo, and collect samples if possible.
You get everyone to assemble on the 13th floor, with the flamethrower troops on guard around the perimeter. You order anyone with medical training to try and get a sample of the blood lattice.

I could, but I like being what I am and dislike the thought of overloading my amp.

Get in the front of the perimeter, flame breath ready.
Under no circumstances assimilate or absorb any of the goo - Xantalos no trust.

You sit around, ready to go dragon on anything that comes up.

Hop down to floor 13, stay in the middle of the group. Sniff the goo and figure out what it smells like (does it smell like humans?). Afterwards look around and watch for threats.
It smells like...well, it smells sort of like humans but there's something subtly wrong about it. Like the smell of apple pie with just a hint of chlorine; Familiar yet wrong.

"What the fuck have I gotten myself into... Is that big lizard fireproof? 'Cause if it isn't, it probably shouldn't be up front. Flamethrowers, and all."

Set up perimeter with Morul and Leo (and Xan, if he's feeling fireproof). Use copious amounts of flamethrower on anything that seems even slightly dangerous and isn't a teammate. Even the floor/walls/ceiling, if it reacts to our presence in any way that could be termed 'hostile'. If nothing happens, keep flamethrower at the ready, anyway. (Can I have that dynamic bonus, now?)
Sure. Dynamic bonus and Paranoid guarding ready.

((No time to post, will continue questionbarrage later.))

Which one do you want to head for first? I gotta ask so I know how to kill you.
((Cheeky bastard  ;) ))

Go to the 'mustard gas one first, use manip to raise a 1m high wall to indicate where the anomalous zone begins (using the info from my teammate's rockthrowing). Don't get to close to the electromelt zone itself!
If that whole anomaly gets mapped this turn, go stand 100m behind Gorat, move closer slowly to check where exactly the nausea begins to manifest itself.

[uncon:6+1+1 DECOMP: 5]

You wander around the gas, slowly raising the wall one chunk at a time. Luckily the anomaly isn't very big so you get it all fenced in with relative ease. You finish it off with a big "KEEP OUT, FLESH MELTING GAS" sign carved into the wall.

Slowly move closer to the next unmarked anomalous zone, chucking rocks.
The next one, that you can see at least, is extremely large. The entire sky behind the base seems to be dominated by a weird aurora like effect that stretches for miles. You could either go try and tackle that or look around the base some more for other, smaller, strange things.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17696 on: December 31, 2013, 01:36:07 pm »

*whistles*.

"I do hope the dragon has a suit.  Or at least shoes."

Plan burn it all sounds good.  Hold off until ordered.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17697 on: December 31, 2013, 02:20:50 pm »

Charge dynamic bonus for shapeshifting next turn.
Also hold fire, but be ready.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 03:51:50 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17698 on: December 31, 2013, 02:32:21 pm »

"Okay, now it's starting to get to me. Backing off."

Back off to where Nav is standing (Dudley? I forget your character's name), and see if I can zoom in on the object using my cameyes from a distance.

((Out of curiosity, PW, what would that weird mind-screaming zone on the planetoid in mission 9 have done to a robot? Or do you have a list of the anomalies on that mission lying around?))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17699 on: December 31, 2013, 02:47:24 pm »

Forgot to post this at the bottom of the post:

The flesh on the 14th level bubbles a bit, as though boiling, and then a good dozen eyes appear on it's surface, staring at the team.
Pages: 1 ... 1178 1179 [1180] 1181 1182 ... 1256