Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3832365 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: One down.
« Reply #2760 on: May 13, 2012, 11:03:32 pm »

((Would you rather be frying our brains when you mistake us for walking corpses?))

Bishop shrugged, he supposed she was right.

"Yeah, I see your point, but still it's best to get this out of the way now in case we don't get a chance in the future. We'll only shut him down if he's a danger to everyone, ok? As for anti-virus, there might be something in one of the computer labs, but I'm not too good with programs. We'll see when we get there."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: May 13, 2012, 11:05:46 pm »

(Why do you think I left the party?)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: May 13, 2012, 11:09:07 pm »

((Ooh, ok. Well, it's still only just a precaution in case you come looking for our brains or something. I don't want to kill you, but if you come after us with that cleaver, I don't want to try taking you on without some kind of plan.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2763 on: May 13, 2012, 11:40:34 pm »

Jim's emoticon went .... "I think maybe I had better stay away from the rest of you for now." He turned and headed back into the showers to complete his search.
"Zombie...hands, Jim? Zombies? We're dealing with Vodou?!" Feyri said, her knowledge reaching out to archaic lore on culture and religion.

She shrugged as Jim pointed the way. "Well, finally something to clear out!

. . .

Hey, did anyone take care of the corpse in the Transmitter room?"

Lead the way, clearing it with mine Laser Rifle! Aim for the head, for they were organic once!
Charro grits his teeth, takes a few deep breaths and tightens his hold on his laser rifle, feeling rather sick of the others talking to him like a child, and determined not to show any fear. As much as fear was the appropriate course in this situation.
He looks at Feyri quickly deciding a quick laser to the head is the best way to prevent the corpses getting up again.

"Um... Feyri?" Charro said this in a voice low enough that the scary, possibly insane cyborg hopefully couldn't hear him.
"Don't you think we should, you know, verify whether they are doing this before deciding it's 'curb stomp' time? You could be going through a lot of battery power on a bunch of corpses. Well, staying-dead corpses, whatever, you know what I mean."

>Regardless, follow after Feyri, keeping as far away as possible from any corpses on the floor and staying alert for any moving ones. Charro, remembering what he was instructed earlier about friendly fire, will only shoot at any of said zombies if there's no major risk of him hitting a teammate.
He will also attempt to remain calm, and react to the whole thing with a sort of, "Oh, hey. Zombies."
As opposed to screaming in terror as was so tempting.
"Jeez, did you have a brain fart or something? We're here to find documents, information, whatever, on whatever the people here were working on. I found some stuff about a thing called "The Puddle" from a scientist and that the secondary computer system is linked to the main computer. I'll have to take care of that connection if we want to isolate the computer systems."

Bishop glanced back at Jim and before Feyri walked off, walked over to her and pulled her aside, switching to a private channel to her suit.

"Hey, umm.. I don't really know how to say this, but... Was Jim always acting like this?"

Follow Jim but keep an eye on him incase he starts doing strange stuff.
Jim stands around like a lemon for a few moments and then spins on his heel and heads back to the showers; Feyri follows after and the rest of the group follows her. Their trip from kitchen to showers is uneventful, aside from Feyri's constant screaming at corpses and occasional references to no one expecting her. Jim is already rifling through corpses when the rest of the squad shows up and lifts up a datapad in triumph. The rest of the crew can see a badly hacked up corpse laying in one of the shower stalls, as well as others around the room. None of them are moving, despite Feyri's threats to bring out the thumbscrews.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: May 13, 2012, 11:47:13 pm »

"You're all following me... why? Anyway, here." Jim handed over a datapad, then left to check the Project Lead's Quarters.

(Map again, just to keep it fresh in everyone's minds: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106279.msg3266251#msg3266251)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: May 13, 2012, 11:52:03 pm »

"Moving corpses tend to grab attention. We came to check if everything was alright."

Bishop walks over to the chopped up corpse and winces.

"Well, I think we all know where the blood came from. You certainly did a number on this guy..."

Take the datapad and give it to Charro to look at. Check out the chopped up guy and count his hands. Have another search through the room for extra stuff.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: May 13, 2012, 11:55:54 pm »

Charro clicks through the content of the datapad, glad to have something to do. And something to look at other than mutilated corpses.
>Check the datapad. Glance warily around every so often, just in case.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: May 14, 2012, 12:00:18 am »

(Oh crap, sorry I haven't been around today.)

Retroactively follow everyone!
"You know, you wouldn't expect a mummified corpse kept at near-zero to have blood in it.  When I checked the bodies earlier, though, I didn't find anything out of the ordinary... Let me check something."
Use my cutting torch to open up a corpse's head and see if there's anything implanted in the brain.  Check for other stuff that indicates undeath.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: May 14, 2012, 12:05:59 am »

Bishop sees Mesk start to take apart the head of a corpse and something pops up in his mind.

"Don't forget to check for mechanical implants or prosthetics. They might have been recieving a wireless signal from somewhere to move on their own."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2769 on: May 14, 2012, 01:35:35 am »

"You're all following me... why? Anyway, here." Jim handed over a datapad, then left to check the Project Lead's Quarters.

(Map again, just to keep it fresh in everyone's minds: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106279.msg3266251#msg3266251)
You hand the datapad to Bishop, who hands it to charro before you shove your way out the door and down the hall, following it around to the project lead's quarters. He's still in there, sitting at his computer, all ashy and shriveled like the rest. The room is larger then you would expect, but still rather spartan; what little furnishing there is is clean and unadorned, bookshelves neat, desk clear, bed made. You kick the corpse out of the chair and grip your cleaver a little tighter as you wait for it to do anything. After a while you place the cleaver down on the desk and sit on the chair, looking over the computer.

You're no techie, but the folder that says "Daily reports" seems like a good place to start. There are several years worth so you start with the ones a month before they end. They talk almost entirely about attempts to probe "The puddle" and about the continuous setbacks of that goal. Near the end of the reports it seems that they finally succeeded in their goal. The rest chronicles what they found their, though it's so technical you're not really sure what it is. He seems very excited about it though, and uses phrases like "pseudo-life" and "coiling strands of anti-entropic energy". The final reports make mention of a sickness spreading, first among the scientists and then the rest of the base, a sickness that causes "Hallucinations, paranoia, violent behavior, delusions" and the like.

"Moving corpses tend to grab attention. We came to check if everything was alright."

Bishop walks over to the chopped up corpse and winces.

"Well, I think we all know where the blood came from. You certainly did a number on this guy..."

Take the datapad and give it to Charro to look at. Check out the chopped up guy and count his hands. Have another search through the room for extra stuff.
The chopped up corpse has 1 hand, the other seems to be laying near the door. As per extra goodies, you find none. Not really surprising. Who brings a datapad into the shower?

Charro clicks through the content of the datapad, glad to have something to do. And something to look at other than mutilated corpses.
>Check the datapad. Glance warily around every so often, just in case.
The entries in the data pad are encrypted.

(Oh crap, sorry I haven't been around today.)

Retroactively follow everyone!
"You know, you wouldn't expect a mummified corpse kept at near-zero to have blood in it.  When I checked the bodies earlier, though, I didn't find anything out of the ordinary... Let me check something."
Use my cutting torch to open up a corpse's head and see if there's anything implanted in the brain.  Check for other stuff that indicates undeath.
You slice open the man's skull and look for anything strange. You find nothing but a bunch of freshly scorched and dehydrated gray matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: May 14, 2012, 01:37:11 am »

Jim checks the logs a little further back, and then continues looking through the computer for other files that may be of interest.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2771 on: May 14, 2012, 01:42:44 am »

Jim checks the logs a little further back, and then continues looking through the computer for other files that may be of interest.
The logs further back are pretty much all the same, just reports of failure mixed with occasional technical problems or social problems among the men. There are reports back to the government, all much the same, but not much else. The guy seemed to keep no personal logs.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 02:57:56 am by piecewise »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: May 14, 2012, 01:43:42 am »

Jim drummed his fingers in annoyance for a moment, then searched the corpse and the room for anything of use and/or value.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: May 14, 2012, 01:47:43 am »

Keep autopsying on the corpse, starting with the torso and neck, focusing on the spine, with a lesser focus on the hands and fingers.  Keep burning to a minimum, cutting only when necessary.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: May 14, 2012, 02:07:52 am »

(@Remalle: I recommend you do what I did and get a cutting implement from the kitchen, so you can save your blowtorch for when you need it. ^^^ There's probably a knife or something that I didn't find since I was specifically looking for a cleaver.)
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 1256