Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3827378 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: More mindf***ing goodness.
« Reply #2835 on: May 14, 2012, 11:57:43 pm »

Don't worry, you're just unconscious, not dead. Steve put you to bed, not euthanized you.
((Question: How would he know the difference? He's waking up in a robotic shell either way. :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: May 14, 2012, 11:59:24 pm »

((@GM: You still did not answer me whose razors you screwed with :V))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: May 15, 2012, 12:08:19 am »

Bishop held up the datapad and smiled faintly with satisfaction. Progress had that effect on him.

"See if you can find anything interesting in those papers Charro. Try finding an inventory or research notes or something."

Browse the datapad for info.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2838 on: May 15, 2012, 12:32:34 am »

((@GM: You still did not answer me whose razors you screwed with :V))
Restate the question for me. I am having a hard time braining tonight.

Bishop held up the datapad and smiled faintly with satisfaction. Progress had that effect on him.

"See if you can find anything interesting in those papers Charro. Try finding an inventory or research notes or something."

Browse the datapad for info.
The datapad has lots of text entries, logs about the base. They go back several years, so skimming them all wouldn't be very helpful. The late entries though, talk about a break through in attempts to artificially probe "The puddle", a task that was apparently a major part of this base's mission. The overseer clearly isn't a physicist, but according to his accounts, the scientists found things in "the puddle" that defied their explanations. Things they called pseudo-life, seemingly self sustaining energy condensates and matter interactions which act like matter themselves. Weird.

The last handful of entries talks about how they are attempting to interpret the data in some sort of meaningful way, a way that human senses can comprehend.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 11:33:58 am by piecewise »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: May 15, 2012, 12:53:55 am »

Don't worry, you're just unconscious, not dead. Steve put you to bed, not euthanized you.

(Great, so I'm in I Have No Mouth territory.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: May 15, 2012, 12:58:04 am »

((I think you're outright unconscious, not just deaf, blind, immobile, unfeeling, and so on.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: May 15, 2012, 01:02:05 am »

Charro glanced at the countless papers strewn about the place.
"Er. That would probably take hours, and what's to say they aren't just a longer version of whatever's in that datapad? You want them, they're all yours."
>Wait around by the door, keeping an eye on the hallway. And my teammates.

"We still have what, four floors left to go? Don't you guys, er, think we should get moving?"
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: May 15, 2012, 01:10:34 am »

(IronyOwl: considering the RTD we're in, I'd say there's a good chance SC is right.)

Cut open the door.  If that doesn't work, enlist the help of Feyri's shoulder.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: May 15, 2012, 01:56:28 am »

"Yeah, your probably right. Let's check the Project Lead's quarters first though. Might have some info."

Bishop left through the door, he gave the datapad to Charro for him to have a look as he walked to the next quarters.

"The datapad I found is really interesting. Have a look."

Investigate the Project Lead's quarters.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: May 15, 2012, 04:44:33 am »

Things they called pseudo-life, seemingly self sustaining energy condensates and matter interactions which act like matter themselves. Weird.

The last handful of entries talks about how they are attempting to interrupt the data in some sort of meaningful way, a way that human senses can comprehend.
((Looks like we're getting more powerful power generators soon. :) Also, did you mean 'interpret the data' instead of 'interrupt ...'? Sorry for burdening your brain even more, but it might or might not be very important.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: May 15, 2012, 05:51:40 am »

(QUICKEDIT: Wait, I just realized. Both missions I've died on Feyri's been there. >.> SHE'S BAD LUCK FOR MEH ;___;)
((I roll my eyes and displace it as coincidence.

::)

Coinciden-...

Oh hey! The door was open all along!))

((Oh dear. Nobody explained to you what a yandere was, did they? :P))
((ಠ_ಠ))
ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ

((GM: What do we know, exactly?))

Edit: ((Nobody answered if I still had that extra battery and that blue pill from my last post-link.))

Go to the Project Lead's Quarters and document any information that could be useful in our mission if the door is openable.

If not, aid the rest in their search.

"So...about those zombies. Mode of transmission?"
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 05:56:37 am by Tiruin »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: May 15, 2012, 11:41:40 am »

(Remalle joins Scelly9 (technically) in teamkilling me. I swear, by the time this RTD ends I'll probably be 'killed' more times by my teammates than by the actual mission hazards. :P)
((I'm the only one who has been killed/incapacitated by actual mission hazards, right? That is very bad.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: May 15, 2012, 11:46:47 am »

((I'm the only one who has been killed/incapacitated by actual mission hazards, right? That is very bad.))
((Nope. Erik, the Happy Cyborg, killed your first char, destroyed Cockroach Man a.k.a. Victor, loped off my leg, poisoned Ivan with alien filth. He also mindraped Zoidberg. So there, so far Erik holds the record in "fucking with the team".))
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 11:54:48 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: May 15, 2012, 11:51:19 am »

(Actually, I was killed by a mission hazard, but I would have only lost my lower body. Ivan obliterated my torso long after the fact, so he got dubbed 'teamkiller.' ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2849 on: May 15, 2012, 12:10:02 pm »

Things they called pseudo-life, seemingly self sustaining energy condensates and matter interactions which act like matter themselves. Weird.

The last handful of entries talks about how they are attempting to interrupt the data in some sort of meaningful way, a way that human senses can comprehend.
((Looks like we're getting more powerful power generators soon. :) Also, did you mean 'interpret the data' instead of 'interrupt ...'? Sorry for burdening your brain even more, but it might or might not be very important.))
Yeah. My damn spellcheck program has this terrible habit of autocorrecting things into other things.

Charro glanced at the countless papers strewn about the place.
"Er. That would probably take hours, and what's to say they aren't just a longer version of whatever's in that datapad? You want them, they're all yours."
>Wait around by the door, keeping an eye on the hallway. And my teammates.

"We still have what, four floors left to go? Don't you guys, er, think we should get moving?"
You walk to the doorway and lean on the doorframe, rifle at the ready. You sweep the barrel back and forth across the corridor occasionally, despite the silence.

(IronyOwl: considering the RTD we're in, I'd say there's a good chance SC is right.)

Cut open the door.  If that doesn't work, enlist the help of Feyri's shoulder.

[aux:3+1+1] You drag your torch down the seem between the doors, cutting through the bit of metal wedged between the doorhandles. [strength:5-1] You press your shoulder to one door and start pushing, slowly shoving whatever is behind the door out of the way, until it's open just barely enough for you to squeeze through. You peek in and see jim, completely covered in gore, sitting on a bed with the clever in one hand and a datapad in the other. He doesn't move.

"Yeah, your probably right. Let's check the Project Lead's quarters first though. Might have some info."

Bishop left through the door, he gave the datapad to Charro for him to have a look as he walked to the next quarters.

"The datapad I found is really interesting. Have a look."

Investigate the Project Lead's quarters.
You hand the datapad to charro before heading farther down the hall to the project lead's quarters. The door is already wide open and you head inside. The room is rather bare, just a bookshelf, bed, and a computer on a desk. The computer is on. It's clear someone has gone through this room before you, thrown back the bed covers, pulled a few books from the shelf, opened the desk drawers and the like. 

(QUICKEDIT: Wait, I just realized. Both missions I've died on Feyri's been there. >.> SHE'S BAD LUCK FOR MEH ;___;)
((I roll my eyes and displace it as coincidence.

::)

Coinciden-...

Oh hey! The door was open all along!))

((Oh dear. Nobody explained to you what a yandere was, did they? :P))
((ಠ_ಠ))
ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ

((GM: What do we know, exactly?))

Edit: ((Nobody answered if I still had that extra battery and that blue pill from my last post-link.))

Go to the Project Lead's Quarters and document any information that could be useful in our mission if the door is openable.

If not, aid the rest in their search.

"So...about those zombies. Mode of transmission?"
(What do you know? You're probably better off asking your friends since I'll only tell you what you guys know for sure, which isn't much)
(You have them.)
You follow Bishop to the project lead's quarters. The door is already wide open and you head inside. The room is rather bare, just a bookshelf, bed, and a computer on a desk. The computer is on. It's clear someone has gone through this room before you, thrown back the bed covers, pulled a few books from the shelf, opened the desk drawers and the like.

(Actually, I was killed by a mission hazard, but I would have only lost my lower body. Ivan obliterated my torso long after the fact, so he got dubbed 'teamkiller.' ^^^)
Silly people, other players ARE mission hazards :P
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 1256