Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3809176 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Jim: Doomed.
« Reply #450 on: April 12, 2012, 11:43:33 am »

Milno:

Stand back, make sure everyone is also away from me, then use the pyramid weapon to open a hole as small as possible in the ceiling.
Or at least big enough for Steve to analyze the alien object.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 11:47:33 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #451 on: April 12, 2012, 12:34:21 pm »

Milno:

Stand back, make sure everyone is also away from me, then use the pyramid weapon to open a hole as small as possible in the ceiling.
Or at least big enough for Steve to analyze the alien object.
[Exotic Weapon roll:1-1] You aim the pyramid at the ceiling and silently will it to fire. It begins to spin, building up momentum until it is nothing but a blur. Then, just for an instant, something breaks your concentration and the pyramid jerks suddenly to a halt, transferring all it's rotational momentum directly into your forearm. Your arm twists like soft taffy, making several rotations, shattering the bones of your forearm and dislocating your elbow. [Endurance roll:2] You stare at your ruined arm for a moment before the pain hits and you collapse, screaming as the pain threatens to drag you into unconsciousness. Your try to clutch the broken limb but find it's nothing but a soft mass of ruined tissue, shot through with fragments of bone.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 12, 2012, 12:49:29 pm »

Milno is attacked by cold sweat and in a half-shock state goes back to talking.

"Ouch. Faith some help please."

((Is that even salvageable?))

Analyze the extent of the wounds.
No forearm cancer please.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 12:53:25 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #453 on: April 12, 2012, 12:55:30 pm »

[Med Roll:3] OW OW OW Yeah, arm is definitely broke. Or pulverized. Judging by the wet feeling it's probably bleeding too. You're not exactly sure how bad it is, but you know it isn't good. 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 01:02:10 pm by piecewise »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 12, 2012, 12:58:30 pm »

Milno:

"Yep, quite the way I imagined my death. Having my arm twisted into a unrecognizable mass of flesh by an alien weapon while trying to blow a hole into the ceiling of an alien tomb. Hey Steve you bastard. Failure song for me."

((Great. People keep having their limbs broken but when it is my time, it is quite the violent forearm twisting. So robot arm next mission if I manage to survive through this?))
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 01:07:08 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #455 on: April 12, 2012, 01:04:34 pm »

Milno:

((Great. People keep having their limbs broken but when it is my time, it is quite the violent forearm twisting. So robot arm next mission if I manage to survive through this?))
You say that like having a robot arm is a bad thing  :P

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You say that like having a robot arm is a bad thing  :P

((If I manage to survive the bleeding, yah, robot arm is kind of good.))
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Examine Milno's arm. Evaluate possibility of on-site treatment.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Examine Milno's arm. Evaluate possibility of on-site treatment.
[Med roll:6+1]

"In my professional opinion," you say, flopping the sack of gore that was Milno's arm around, "You are what we in the medical profession like to call 'fucked'. What you have here isn't so much an arm anymore, as it is a sausage, a sack of disgusting meat held in a thin, rubbery skin.I can't do jack without a Pressure tent and even if I had one there's not much I could do beyond just amputate the thing to stop the bleeding."

"My recommendation is not to worry about it, since that will just make your heart beat faster and cause you to bleed out sooner, and to get used to people calling you Doctor Claw."

>She has such a caring bedside manner. Reminds me of myself.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

...I love you guys.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Milno:

"Like I would care at this point. Seriously. Do you think I'm worried about it? Hey Steve, how much time do I have left with this bleeding? I guess it is time to throw all my cautiousness through the window."

Will for the alien weapon to exchange arms.
Now, we don't need a roll for that, right? If you got to roll for that, just make me try and shoot the ceiling again.
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Welp, that's that. I'm really the best medic.

Touch the glowiest thing in the room.

That isn't Milno's spinning death weapon.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meaning no, don't roll for it. I don't want to shoot that ceiling.
Edit: Yep. If the "remove Milno's sausage arm and replace with mechanic one" goes right, then you can bet I'll be on the next mission. I'm serious.
>Yes?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ahahaha, that is great! :D I'm even tempted to sig it... Just think, Irony, if you'd made your action to treat the horrible injury, that awesome roll might have had you perform a miracle! But no, you had to choose to 'evaluate' it first. :P
...I think I'm gonna have to join the waitlist for this. Sheet coming later.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ahahaha, that is great! :D I'm even tempted to sig it... Just think, Irony, if you'd made your action to treat the horrible injury, that awesome roll might have had you perform a miracle! But no, you had to choose to 'evaluate' it first. :P
...I think I'm gonna have to join the waitlist for this. Sheet coming later.

Yoink!

Indeed, I've had my eye on this since the day it started, I missed rollcall by a tiny bit, and I've been guffawing at their violent antics since then. :P
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 1256