Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3832605 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 4: Silence means consent
« Reply #4545 on: July 02, 2012, 04:00:33 pm »

Jim searches the van for anything that can be turned into an improvised weapon. Just in case.
Van isn't coming with you into the place. And no, nothing really around unless you want to tear up a chair.

Ivan loads his gun, and makes sure that he has at least some battery for his laser.
You have no extra rounds for your rifle, but your hand laser is fully battery'd up.

Thrak takes out his cleaver and investigate it for any secrets the good doctor put in.  He returns it when he is done.
[int:2]
Looks like it's just a normal three and a half foot cleaver.

"Well, this is it. So, have we decided on a plan? We absolutely have to be organized here, or the assassin will tear us all apart. Everyone take your wrist transmitters, and have them constantly transmit a unique code, so the serial killer can't disguise as one of us. Also, regardless of some of your normal tendencies, let's keep the body count low here. We might have to fight civilians or each other thanks to the assassin's mind control weaponry, but at least try to stick to non-lethal weapons in that case.

Actually, wait a minute. Steve, you can remotely administer debilitating electric shocks, right? In the event that you get multiple contacts mentioning that someone is being controlled, could you shock said person into unconsciousness?"

>I could.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 4: Silence means consent
« Reply #4546 on: July 02, 2012, 04:04:26 pm »

Put the scabbard with the weapon and the three cans so that they can be easily retrieved (the instrument holds the priority).

((@piecewise Could I retcon'ly smile and wave to the cops as we walked out of the shuttle?
Also, it just struck me: do we understand the language these people use? I think we'd hear them talk, if only a little, in between the shuttle and the van? ))

We have only two people versed in the art of medicine, right? Then probably no more than two groups (plus Travis if he insists on going on his own). I have already suggested a plan (sorting the citizens, then going in burning the houses until he finds us), but I'm going to comply with what the most experienced of us (that is, ones with the biggest mission count - Jim and Milno, if I understand it correcly) would say.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 5: Serial killer Spring Break
« Reply #4547 on: July 02, 2012, 04:05:24 pm »

Speaking of him, he turned his attention to the Bastard. "Almost halfway through our tour of duty. What do you plan on doing when you hit ten?" he asked Milno.
"I have no idea, but surviving until then is my priority. I do have some ideas and suspicions though."

Milno checks if his new system was properly adjusted to only decelerate him before he hits something or if it will need fine-tuning. He also checks if it is on or off.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: July 02, 2012, 04:08:07 pm »

"For the record, I'm also a decent medic, but I agree with only two groups, maybe three."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: July 02, 2012, 04:10:56 pm »

"Well, this is it. So, have we decided on a plan? We absolutely have to be organized here, or the assassin will tear us all apart. Everyone take your wrist transmitters, and have them constantly transmit a unique code"
"Hey newbie. I already told you to do so, but you haven't been listening, have you? Everyone must be relaying unique codes, divide in two groups of five."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4550 on: July 02, 2012, 04:14:25 pm »

Splitting up into groups?
Dude speak?
A man in a mask?

OH GOD, IT'S BECOME SCOOBY DOO!

Put the scabbard with the weapon and the three cans so that they can be easily retrieved (the instrument holds the priority).

((@piecewise Could I retcon'ly smile and wave to the cops as we walked out of the shuttle?
Also, it just struck me: do we understand the language these people use? I think we'd hear them talk, if only a little, in between the shuttle and the van? ))

We have only two people versed in the art of medicine, right? Then probably no more than two groups (plus Travis if he insists on going on his own). I have already suggested a plan (sorting the citizens, then going in burning the houses until he finds us), but I'm going to comply with what the most experienced of us (that is, ones with the biggest mission count - Jim and Milno, if I understand it correcly) would say.
They didn't really say anything around you, but you can imagine you smiled at them. Hell, imagine you mooned them.

You hang your knife and cans from your hip.

Speaking of him, he turned his attention to the Bastard. "Almost halfway through our tour of duty. What do you plan on doing when you hit ten?" he asked Milno.
"I have no idea, but surviving until then is my priority. I do have some ideas and suspicions though."

Milno checks if his new system was properly adjusted to only decelerate him before he hits something or if it will need fine-tuning. He also checks if it is on or off.
The system is turned off, but is set up to kick in and slow you down at about 2 feet from anything if you were moving too fast.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: July 02, 2012, 04:15:24 pm »

((Was Kyle even in the same area IC'ly at the time?))

I... don't really remember him saying anything like that. Might as well bluff.

And given the composition of this group, I felt that a reminder was in order. I'm sure you've seen in the missions you've already been on, this isn't exactly the most reliable bunch of soldiers, and it's good to eliminate excuses for incompetence.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: July 02, 2012, 04:16:34 pm »

Travis mentally shrugged. The codes won't matter. The assassin will just mind read us, get the codes, and copy the frequency. Or just steal someone's. Our only safe bet is with Steve, the omniscient eye in the sky. He can keep us straight..if he chooses to.

Of course, he only thought this. His team didn't trust him or cared what he had to say.

Travis takes a moment to look closer at the Crystalline Projector. How big was it, and how much did it weigh?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 04:19:54 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: July 02, 2012, 04:23:08 pm »

Jim merely waited for the ride to end, his holographic projector and speakers turned off. He didn't have much to say at the moment; he'd already set his transmitter.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: July 02, 2012, 04:24:41 pm »

Oh, sorry. Didn't know. Well, that makes three of us.. Maurice winks then turns his head to Milno.
Also, how do we divide into the groups? I suggest that we get assigned to the groups rather than assign ourselves, for the sake of a balanced roster - by group leaders, for example?
Install the wrist transmitter, and turn it on.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: July 02, 2012, 04:34:53 pm »

((Was Kyle even in the same area IC'ly at the time?))
((He was. And Milno is immune to smooth-talk to distract him. Lukas already tried it.))
>Yes?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: July 02, 2012, 04:40:22 pm »

"I agree.  Let's have Jim and Milno schoolyard pick us, and Travis can go fuck around by himself if he wants.  Let's have a medic on each team at least, though.
"What's our general strategy?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4557 on: July 02, 2012, 04:47:34 pm »

Travis mentally shrugged. The codes won't matter. The assassin will just mind read us, get the codes, and copy the frequency. Or just steal someone's. Our only safe bet is with Steve, the omniscient eye in the sky. He can keep us straight..if he chooses to.

Of course, he only thought this. His team didn't trust him or cared what he had to say.

Travis takes a moment to look closer at the Crystalline Projector. How big was it, and how much did it weigh?

The projector is a shaped a lot like a handgun of sorts, though it's clear that the pistol grip is for the sake of easy handling then anything else. The actual projector is little but a boxy chunk of metal with a sharp point on the business end. It weighs a few pounds at most.

Oh, sorry. Didn't know. Well, that makes three of us.. Maurice winks then turns his head to Milno.
Also, how do we divide into the groups? I suggest that we get assigned to the groups rather than assign ourselves, for the sake of a balanced roster - by group leaders, for example?
Install the wrist transmitter, and turn it on.
Not so much installing anything, as just setting the wristpad to transmit a unique signal rather then a standard one.

I've got some stuff to do here, so I'm gonna be gone for a bit. When I get back, the drive ends, so be ready.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: July 02, 2012, 04:51:43 pm »

(Uh, who all do we even have again? I think Sky is on the squad at least.)

Jim took first pick. "You, you're with me," he said, pointing at Empyrean.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: July 02, 2012, 04:55:32 pm »

((In the on-ship thread, Milno had mentioned the two groups of five thing plus the "relay the code".))

Milno grins at Kyle.
"Remind them, huh? That does work for me, but anyway, set your transmitters to do it. About the groups...I'll be leading one and Jim the other. If the stuck-up paranoid survivalist stays alone he'll only be rising the assassin's chance of killing us, which is already pretty high."

"I also recently installed a system to knock me out as soon as I realize my body is being taken over. If a teammate gets under his control, avoid shooting for the head, destroying limbs or shooting for the heart is a better option."
((Ninja'ed.))

Milno nods towards Maurice before addressing Jim.
"You should get the other cyborg, since your amp makes you more capable of dealing with him."
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 04:58:30 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 1256