Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3832756 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #5265 on: July 19, 2012, 07:06:33 pm »

((Do we have rations or similar? He's talking about campsites, after all.))

"What's the plant life like, then? Is the fauna hostile? Have you gotten samples of anything analyzed?

And, if you don't mind me asking, why won't you be coming with us all the way? Just the obvious?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5266 on: July 19, 2012, 07:10:38 pm »

Milno stares at the map before turning to the man.

"So the path is actually simple. And why are you parting ways with us at the Dead Forest? Do you think the Lighteater will want to finish the job it started?" he asks, nodding towards the man's destroyed arm.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5267 on: July 19, 2012, 07:15:00 pm »

Thank you. But - I don't see any weapons on you. A psychokinetic amp, I suppose?
Neither you appear to have a gas mask. Is the atmosphere there breathable, then?

((Also, if I happened to overhear that response of Steve:))
Then shouldn't a relay or a pair of those installed at the entrance - probably on the both sides, then connected to each other by mundane cables - increase that communication range of yours, Steve?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5268 on: July 19, 2012, 07:29:00 pm »

((I took one from Niks dead body. No respect for the dead and what-not.))
Thomas turns towards the man.
"What's the environment like in there? Is it cold?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5269 on: July 19, 2012, 07:44:52 pm »

((Then I took it from Thomas' dead body along with the Monoatomic Razor. No respect for the dead and whatnot.

Edit: I don't remember if the razor was from Nikitian or Thomas, though.))
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 07:46:40 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5270 on: July 19, 2012, 07:45:16 pm »

((Then I took it from Thomas' dead body. No respect for the dead and whatnot.))
((HRMC in a nutshell.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5271 on: July 19, 2012, 07:53:01 pm »

(( Hey, I did throw away that bottle of painkillers I got during the previous mission! ;)  ...Though it might be just me not yet fully embracing HMRC, with the quasi-Bastard status (I did survive a mission, but my mission total is still zero) and all.

@Caellath Nikitian didn't have a razor on him, only the gauss rifle.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5272 on: July 19, 2012, 08:01:02 pm »

Can I see that map? I'd like to make a copy of it on my wrist computer, and I can keep it updated from there. It may be, well, no offence, crude, but it's what we have. As for the denizens, the Lighteater, as you call it, seems harmless enough, so long as it isn't aggravated, but what else do we know about it? Is it attracted to light, as the name might suggest? Is it sentient? And as for the pitted lands, how big around are the pits? How closely grouped together? Is there radio distortion within any part of the anomaly? Anything that could scramble electronic equipment?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 08:05:55 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5273 on: July 19, 2012, 08:16:17 pm »

((Do we have rations or similar? He's talking about campsites, after all.))

"What's the plant life like, then? Is the fauna hostile? Have you gotten samples of anything analyzed?

And, if you don't mind me asking, why won't you be coming with us all the way? Just the obvious?"
(You can assume you have food if you want to eat. Food and water have never really been a big thing in this since it's not really the focus, but you can assume you have some rations and water in that bag of yours. Though you'll have to eat it fast...)

"Never seen any thing I'd call a plant outside of the Dead Forest. And those trees ain't hostile. I'm not even sure if they're alive. Hell, I'm not sure anything in there is really alive by our standards.

And I'm not coming with you because my desire to live is greater then my curiosity."

Milno stares at the map before turning to the man.

"So the path is actually simple. And why are you parting ways with us at the Dead Forest? Do you think the Lighteater will want to finish the job it started?" he asks, nodding towards the man's destroyed arm.
"I've been through that abyss for years. Spent weeks in there. I have no desire to stay any longer then I have to. And the walk from here to there should be more then enough time to get you all acquainted with the realities of that place. "

Thank you. But - I don't see any weapons on you. A psychokinetic amp, I suppose?
Neither you appear to have a gas mask. Is the atmosphere there breathable, then?

((Also, if I happened to overhear that response of Steve:))
Then shouldn't a relay or a pair of those installed at the entrance - probably on the both sides, then connected to each other by mundane cables - increase that communication range of yours, Steve?
"I don't have weapons. And the atmosphere in there is breathable, somewhat. The oxygen is thin, too little for most people, the like summit of a mountain. I'm used to it, but you better wear that helmet of yours."

The man cuts into your conversation with Steve.

"Won't work." He shakes his head, "You're still thinking about it in this world's terms. That will get you killed. Things don't work the same way in there. You'll see what I mean."

Thomas turns towards the man.
"What's the environment like in there? Is it cold?"
"The plains are near freezing, and the Dead forest is even colder. It gets worse the farther you go."

Can I see that map? I'd like to make a copy of it on my wrist computer, and I can keep it updated from there. It may be, well, no offence, crude, but it's what we have. As for the denizens, the Lighteater, as you call it, seems harmless enough, so long as it isn't aggravated, but what else do we know about it? Is it attracted to light, as the name might suggest? Is it sentient? And as for the pitted lands, how big around are the pits? How closely grouped together? Is there radio distortion within any part of the anomaly? Anything that could scramble electronic equipment?
(The map is in an earlier post. Mason has it)

"Everything in there is attracted to light. I don't know if it's sentient, but it's  no stupid animal. Pits and all the spaces in between them vary. The path takes you through them safely. Shouldn't be a problem.  And yeah, radios won't work at any distance over about 100 meters. "

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5274 on: July 19, 2012, 08:24:23 pm »

Faith nodded. Understandable.

"But, have you never taken anything from inside to out here? Nothing at all?

And, when you say 'attracted' to light, how do you mean? Just... likes to come near it, or something more, uh... ambitious?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5275 on: July 19, 2012, 08:26:24 pm »

"What about lasers?"

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5276 on: July 19, 2012, 08:29:50 pm »

Mason hands the map around, then he realises FIRE DOSEN'T WORK his only weapon is effectivley useless.
((Oh f#€k))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5277 on: July 19, 2012, 08:30:29 pm »

Mason hands the map around, then he realises FIRE DOSEN'T WORK his only weapon is effectivley useless.
((Oh f#€k))
((I guess he needs the Gauss Rifle.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5278 on: July 19, 2012, 08:31:07 pm »

Charro studied the map in silence as the others spoke, his rather strange and battered-looking tophat perched atop his head. He hadn't really managed to think up anything clever to add, but there was one thing that was bugging him.
"The ah, entrance..." His voice sounded a bit feeble, and he cleared his throat. "The entrance of this place, how is it... Connected? To the real world, I mean? Did this whole abyss just appear overnight, or has it just... 'changed' what was already there?"
He shrugged his shoulders apologetically. "Forgive me if that's a stupid question."

>Inventory check. Do I still have my laser rifle/batteries?

>Also check my current stats.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 08:35:19 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5279 on: July 19, 2012, 08:32:17 pm »

Also I have 0 strength
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 1256