Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3832880 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #5280 on: July 19, 2012, 08:36:29 pm »

Alright, 100 meters. A fairly large range to keep in contact in, but that's no reason to spread out any more than needed. If it keeps getting colder as you go in, then it's a damn good thing that these suits, even though the armor is more like tinfoil, have enough insulation to keep us alive in near absolute-zero.

Then again, this is an anomaly. We might run into a patch where the temperature is somehow less than absolute zero.

Now, is there anything living in there that you know about, apart from the Lighteater and... whatever may reside in the "Graveyard"?

And you say that the nights aren't too different from day in there? Is it always dark?

Simus takes out the ClF3 grenade from her pack and places it on the table, glowing lettering towards the others.

And what exactly do you mean, Fire doesn't work? Does it act as if it's a vacuum? Is there not enough oxygen to sustain a flame? And yet the Lighteater, as you said, appears to be made of black fire.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 08:40:05 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5281 on: July 19, 2012, 08:38:19 pm »

Also I have 0 strength
((Me too. Hasn't stopped me from carrying around melee weapons though. :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5282 on: July 19, 2012, 08:46:46 pm »

Faith nodded. Understandable.

"But, have you never taken anything from inside to out here? Nothing at all?

And, when you say 'attracted' to light, how do you mean? Just... likes to come near it, or something more, uh... ambitious?"
"I've taken a few things, but nothing special. Just some sand and bits of the trees.  They'll come near it but not into it.  It would be easier to show you then anything else."

"What about lasers?"
"Not sure, but I assume they'll work. Just not over very long distances."

Mason hands the map around, then he realises FIRE DOSEN'T WORK his only weapon is effectivley useless.
((Oh f#€k))
You control molecular vibration. You can still heat things, they just won't burn.

Charro studied the map in silence as the others spoke, his rather strange and battered-looking tophat perched atop his head. He hadn't really managed to think up anything clever to add, but there was one thing that was bugging him.
"The ah, entrance..." His voice sounded a bit feeble, and he cleared his throat. "The entrance of this place, how is it... Connected? To the real world, I mean? Did this whole abyss just appear overnight, or has it just... 'changed' what was already there?"
He shrugged his shoulders apologetically. "Forgive me if that's a stupid question."

>Inventory check. Do I still have my laser rifle/batteries?

>Also check my current stats.
According to my sheets

Charro
-2 exotic
-1 med,handi,end,will
+1 aux
1/3 char,speech,dex
5 token.

No items.

The man looks at you and then points over to one side of the fridge at a old, very heavy looking metal refrigerator.

"Just showed up one day."

Alright, 100 meters. A fairly large range to keep in contact in, but that's no reason to spread out any more than needed. If it keeps getting colder as you go in, then it's a damn good thing that these suits, even though the armor is more like tinfoil, have enough insulation to keep us alive in near absolute-zero.

Then again, this is an anomaly. We might run into a patch where the temperature is somehow less than absolute zero.

Now, is there anything living in there that you know about, apart from the Lighteater and... whatever may reside in the "Graveyard"?

And you say that the nights aren't too different from day in there? Is it always dark?

Simus takes out the ClF3 grenade from her pack and places it on the table, glowing lettering towards the others.

And what exactly do you mean, Fire doesn't work? Does it act as if it's a vacuum? Is there not enough oxygen to sustain a flame? And yet the Lighteater, as you said, appears to be made of black fire.
"Plenty living things in there. Stiltwalkers and shades and The Wyrm. Just nothing you'll ever see. And yeah. Dark is one way to put it."

He looks at your grenade.

"You're welcome to try, but nothing I've ever tried will burn in there."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5283 on: July 19, 2012, 08:48:58 pm »

"Well, I'm ready to go then. Whenever everyone else is, let's do it.

Oh, and... I'm sorry about your loss. All of them, I mean. Sorry if you didn't want it brought up."
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5284 on: July 19, 2012, 08:54:59 pm »

They're there, but we won't see them? Then how do we know for sure that they are there? As well, in your years of exploration, has the anomaly done anything to your perception? Can it generate illusions, hallucinations, etc., as far as you know.

As well -

To the rest of the team:

If the life in there is attracted to light, then I might suggest that we use our suit lamps as little as possible. It may be dark, but I know that there'll probably be enough light around me to use the light amplification, because some of my armor has been made a low-level luminescent. The rest of you, I don't know. As well, it seems we might have a supply of chemical lightsticks, if he'll let us. They would probably be enough for our amps as well.

I'm just thinking, our high-power suit lamps might attract things...

Put the 'nade away.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5285 on: July 19, 2012, 08:55:56 pm »

Charro nodded solemn agreement at Faith's words, then turned to look more closely at that refrigerator.
'Well. God knows whether any of us are going to make it back from this. I barely made it back from the last one...'

He put such thoughts aside and instead straightened his tophat. He hoped it didn't look silly on top of his helmet.
"I'm ready whenever the rest of you are. Although I seem to have forgotten my laser rifle."
He glanced at Faith, seemingly the sanest of the lot, and asked her a question quite vital to the mission: "Does my hat look alright?"
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5286 on: July 19, 2012, 09:03:13 pm »

"I seem to have forgotten my laser rifle."
((Bishop looted your body then sold it afterwards.))

"Ready. And this is yours, by the way."
Milno tosses the razor to Thomas.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5287 on: July 19, 2012, 09:08:28 pm »

They're there, but we won't see them? Then how do we know for sure that they are there? As well, in your years of exploration, has the anomaly done anything to your perception? Can it generate illusions, hallucinations, etc., as far as you know.

As well -

To the rest of the team:

If the life in there is attracted to light, then I might suggest that we use our suit lamps as little as possible. It may be dark, but I know that there'll probably be enough light around me to use the light amplification, because some of my armor has been made a low-level luminescent. The rest of you, I don't know. As well, it seems we might have a supply of chemical lightsticks, if he'll let us. They would probably be enough for our amps as well.

I'm just thinking, our high-power suit lamps might attract things...

Put the 'nade away.
"You may catch a glimpse of one, but anything small enough to get in the beam of a light will just dissolve. And the larger things tend to keep outside of range of the lights. I'm not sure if they're hurt by it. Lighteater certainly isn't."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5288 on: July 19, 2012, 09:10:06 pm »

He glanced at Faith, seemingly the sanest of the lot, and asked her a question quite vital to the mission: "Does my hat look alright?"
"Uh, well..."

Examine Charro's hat.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5289 on: July 19, 2012, 09:11:40 pm »

Travis had stayed to the side, listening. He felt his team mates were a bit more sane this time, maybe because there hadn't been any homicidal suggestions.

He straightens out and poses a question.

"I got one. Can you give us any more information on the Lost Citadel? Hunches, what it looks like, potential dangers? Why did your brother go alone?

After that, he asked Milno a question: "Do your rocket pods work by combustion?
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5290 on: July 19, 2012, 09:17:57 pm »

Open a channel to Steve:

What all kind of samples are the lab boys going to want, assuming that's part of why we're here?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5291 on: July 19, 2012, 09:24:53 pm »

((@Orb: By the way, I think it can be assumed Milno didn't loot the knife coated in the blood of innocents out of Travis' corpse.))

"I think so. I'll test them inside that place, but even if they don't work, I still have use for the fuel."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5292 on: July 19, 2012, 09:35:00 pm »

((@Orb: By the way, I think it can be assumed Milno didn't loot the knife coated in the blood of innocents out of Travis' corpse.))

((Oh, I forgot about that. With the brainwashing gone it means nothing to Travis now. I suppose I'll have him toss it when it seems convenient))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5293 on: July 19, 2012, 10:29:08 pm »

"Uh, well..."

Examine Charro's hat.
It looks like he's some sort Dickensian spaceman that's been crumpled and fallen down some stairs.

Travis had stayed to the side, listening. He felt his team mates were a bit more sane this time, maybe because there hadn't been any homicidal suggestions.

He straightens out and poses a question.

"I got one. Can you give us any more information on the Lost Citadel? Hunches, what it looks like, potential dangers? Why did your brother go alone?

After that, he asked Milno a question: "Do your rocket pods work by combustion?
"He did a lot of exploration on his own. He saw beauty in that place. He said the lost citadel looked like what the tower would if it was whole. "

Open a channel to Steve:

What all kind of samples are the lab boys going to want, assuming that's part of why we're here?

>Anything that looks interesting really. Hell, anything really. Just don't go grabbing 50 pounds of sand.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5294 on: July 19, 2012, 10:37:02 pm »

"I assume your brother named The Lost Citadel. Did he explain why? Seems to be a bit less generic than the other names"
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 10:40:47 pm by Orb »
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 1256