Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 416 417 [418] 419 420 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3829964 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: I Have no legs and I must Hike.
« Reply #6255 on: August 10, 2012, 01:57:12 pm »

Head up the third ramp.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6256 on: August 10, 2012, 01:58:49 pm »

Examine and film tablet and metal object, without moving the tablet more than necessary to get a good look at it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6257 on: August 10, 2012, 05:08:28 pm »

Ascend the same ramp Faith did. Examine things.
You follow faith up and shove her out of the way so you can look at the things she found. Chisel and tablets are boring, but that metal thing looks interesting. Its oblong and rounded and looks to have lots of  little holes and chambers and things, as well as stopcocks plugging other holes. It's like someone crossed a millipede and a flute.

Ascend to the highest point of the building!

... that's reachable by ramp.

You take the fourth ramp all the way up to the forth floor and a little bit higher. You're maybe a floor and a half from the broken top of the tower.

Head up the third ramp.
You drag May up the ramp and to the first floor. This room is almost completely destroyed; the wall is blown out and the walls are badly scored and crumbling.

Examine and film tablet and metal object, without moving the tablet more than necessary to get a good look at it.
[dex:3+1] You pick up the top tablet in the stack, losing a small chunk of it as you do so, and take a look at it while filming with the other hand. It looks as though this tablet is blank. You place it back down and grab the metal object, turning it over and showing the complex coiled chambers and holes to the camera. Strangely, there's a arch of protruding metal on the top, like it was designed to be hung or attached to something else. You place it back in it's alcove and film it some more.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6258 on: August 10, 2012, 05:16:14 pm »

Examine the damage to the monofilament to determine if a field repair is possible, if so, try it, if not, resheathe the wristblade and take a closer look at the metal objects.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6259 on: August 10, 2012, 06:06:49 pm »

Carefully take and examine the metal thing, then put it inside a container.

Get another tablet, one with writings on it, blank if none of the former are found. Keep exploring afterwards.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:05:27 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6260 on: August 10, 2012, 08:09:20 pm »

Investigate rest of room. Look for artifacts.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6261 on: August 10, 2012, 08:12:21 pm »

Take one of the blank tablets, in pieces if necessary. Head back down and up third ramp.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6262 on: August 10, 2012, 09:40:50 pm »

Quietly whistle a merry tune as I rest my legs. Look out for the Lighteater or any other signs of local fauna/population approaching us.
I don't suppose you need my help in exploring these ruins, right? All in all, given the size and the state of this place, three or five people seems pretty much enough.

Using my suit's memory, try to recall the conversations I missed while I was unconscious.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6263 on: August 10, 2012, 10:19:38 pm »

Another person is here trying to figure out what this stuff could be can only help, Doc. You certainly won't be getting in the way.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6264 on: August 10, 2012, 10:21:00 pm »

Another person is here trying to figure out what this stuff could be can only help, Doc. You certainly won't be getting in the way.
((You'd need to drag or carry him on your back, his legs are messed up.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6265 on: August 10, 2012, 10:27:45 pm »

((You'd need to drag or carry him on your back, his legs are messed up.))

((I don't think I've seen it said that they're so messed-up he can't walk. I might have missed it, though. In fact, I think PW insinuated quite the opposite:

(( @piecewise Just asking, no retcon request or anything: Do I have any kind penalty to Aux (probably due to injuries)? Because I'm fairly sure I'm a fleshtech with at least 1 skillpoint in auxiliary systems. ))
Sit down somewhere on a slope or stairs (if there are any) or something like that, elevated above the ground level, if possible, and examine my legs' injuries.

(Ah...dang it I used simus's stats. Well...a plus one would be a 6 which would actually probably have you doing something like fucking up your systems.)

You find a nice hunk of rubble and sit down to take a good look at the injuries on your legs. You can't tell much because they've been treated, but it looks like you were stabbed a few times. You're not bleeding anymore though, so thats something.

How else did he get there?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6266 on: August 10, 2012, 10:44:37 pm »

[end:5]
You stand up, ignoring your mangled legs, and look around.
((It seems he needs Endurance rolls to really move around.))
>Yes?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6267 on: August 10, 2012, 11:02:43 pm »

[end:5]
You stand up, ignoring your mangled legs, and look around.
((It seems he needs Endurance rolls to really move around.))

((He needed one there, sure. He didn't for the subsequent action that I quoted that involved him moving around, though.

Anyways, it would be meta for Simus to know the full extent of his injuries, and whether he can or cannot stand. She only saw him after he had been patched back up, she'll only know that he had some injuries on his legs. She wouldn't know how bad they are.))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6268 on: August 11, 2012, 04:10:55 am »

Examine my surroundings, then go back down to the fourth floor and examine it as well.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6269 on: August 11, 2012, 08:07:40 am »

If you say so. I'll be there in a minute, then.
Slowly and carefully approach the Tower, in order not to burden my injured legs as little as possible.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 416 417 [418] 419 420 ... 1256