Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3825327 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: I Have no legs and I must Hike.
« Reply #6300 on: August 12, 2012, 06:59:58 pm »

((@piecewise Ah, right. It was that I supposed I could somehow calculate the size of their legs or something like that, given those values, but now I see it'd be pretty much impossible. ))
Walk to the central room and help Simus with her experiment.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6301 on: August 12, 2012, 08:37:46 pm »

"Yeah, try to film everything before messing with it."

Go film lumpy sandstone thing.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6302 on: August 12, 2012, 10:05:53 pm »

Yeah, just look through the doorway. Look down and estimate how long of a fall it is.
You can't see very far into the room from here because of the angle, but you don't see anything interesting. As per the height it looks about 14 meters up.

Er...inspect the room.

You're still back the room Thomas left you in a while ago. There's nothing there.

Run frantically to Thomas.
You sprint after Thomas and join him on the top of his ramp.

"Sandstone... uhm... egg? Sandstone object, egg-like, on second floor, fourth ramp. If you want to film it before it gets bagged." Gorat reports his finding.

Move closer to examine it. No touching yet, though.
You move closer and get a better vantage point on the object, kneeling down next to the alcove. It's maybe a foot or so across, somewhat oblong and has a similar texture pattern as the monoliths, but smaller and simpler.

"Sandstone... uhm... egg? Sandstone object, egg-like, on second floor, fourth ramp. If you want to film it before it gets bagged."
"I'll take a look, but after Faith films it, you better bag it."

Move to the second floor, fourth ramp room and analyze the object visually. What could it be used for?
You head off and take a look at what Chin found, squatting down next to him and staring at the whatever it is he found.
[int:1]
You nod a few times and then broadcast "We've found an alien testicle. Or a cookie. Clearly we need someone to taste test to see."  You wait for a moment and then continue "Hey May, are you busy?"

Anyone stronger here mind helping me in the central room? I've got an idea with these dumbbell-shaped metal things, but I need to help to shift them around.

If someone comes to help out, strike the upper weight against the lower one, with their help.
((@piecewise Ah, right. It was that I supposed I could somehow calculate the size of their legs or something like that, given those values, but now I see it'd be pretty much impossible. ))
Walk to the central room and help Simus with her experiment.
Even with the weight and strength of two people you can't get the weight to move.

"Yeah, try to film everything before messing with it."

Go film lumpy sandstone thing.
You join Milno and Chin in their inspection of the object, filming it from every angle you can.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6303 on: August 12, 2012, 10:30:39 pm »

((Why am I unlucky? My 1/3 +1 to INT hasn't proc'ed until now. D:))

"Nevermind." Milno completed. "We better keep May away from this stuff."

Keep exploring unexplored ramps and rooms. If there aren't any remaining, then just wait and watch.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6304 on: August 12, 2012, 10:34:43 pm »

Pull sandstone object from crevice, examining and filming more thoroughly.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6305 on: August 12, 2012, 10:37:54 pm »

"May, can you stand at the bottom of the ramp in case I fall? I can give you some of the artifacts I take out."
Cross the gap, but safety first.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 06:49:08 am by Spinal_Taper »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6306 on: August 13, 2012, 05:08:09 am »

Oh come on, is it locked in place or something?

Examine around it to determine if it's just the weight preventing it from moving, or something else.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6307 on: August 13, 2012, 06:11:27 am »

"May, can you stand at the bottom of the ramp in case I fall? I can give you some of the artifacts I take out."
Jump.

"FOR THE BLOOD GOD."
Run to bottom of ramp.

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6308 on: August 13, 2012, 06:58:57 am »

Let Faith film the thing, then bag it. Then go down to the first floor room and examine the room.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6309 on: August 13, 2012, 09:03:46 am »

((Why am I unlucky? My 1/3 +1 to INT hasn't proc'ed until now. D:))

"Nevermind." Milno completed. "We better keep May away from this stuff."

Keep exploring unexplored ramps and rooms. If there aren't any remaining, then just wait and watch.
You walk back down to the ground floor and look around. The ramps you haven't explored are pretty much all being explored by other people. You shrug and sit down to watch as Thomas prepares himself to jump off his ramp to a stranded room. This should be good.

Pull sandstone object from crevice, examining and filming more thoroughly.
[str:2-1]
You get your fingers under the large sandstone rock and try to lift, grunting against the rock's weight, your boots sliding on the sandy floor. The stone shifts and rolls back, directly onto your fingers. [end:5] Ow ow ow. And now you're stuck. Cool.

Cross the gap, but safety first.
[dex:2+1]
You take a few steps back and then make a running leap toward the room. You sail triumphantly through the air for one beautiful instant before gravity catches up with you. You make it to the room, but only just barely, catching hold of the bottom edge of the doorway with your fingertips, dangling above the yawning fall down to ground level. This suddenly seems like a bad idea.

Oh come on, is it locked in place or something?

Examine around it to determine if it's just the weight preventing it from moving, or something else.
You check the pole below the upper weight. There's no catch or locking device you can see...but it might be internal. Hm.

Jump.

"FOR THE BLOOD GOD."
Run to bottom of ramp.

You run to the bottom of the ramp, reaching the area under Thomas just in time to see him leap and almost fall to his death.

Let Faith film the thing, then bag it. Then go down to the first floor room and examine the room.
Faith appears to be having a bit of trouble. Oh well, thats probably normal.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6310 on: August 13, 2012, 10:27:41 am »

Milno watches as Thomas misses his mark and barely hangs onto the doorway. Sitting down cross-legged, he stays below him and by May's side just in case, taking a look at the latter.
"I suppose albino freak is here to 'cushion' your fall, right?" he asks.

Watch the development of events. Catch (or help someone) catch Thomas if needed.

If nothing amusing happens, Milno gets slightly disappointed and moves to the place Faith is if she calls for help, nudging the stone away from her foot and helping Chin loot it if he goes for it.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 01:52:43 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6311 on: August 13, 2012, 12:19:13 pm »

"Damn it. Need help here. Preferably from someone strong."

Await valiant prince somebody to loot the rock.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6312 on: August 13, 2012, 01:01:20 pm »

"Hang on, let my try it like that..."

Get the sandstone thing.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6313 on: August 13, 2012, 01:22:58 pm »

Travis had been sitting on the ground floor, watching events unfold and taking a break. He noticed the predicament Thomas was in.

"Sigh. Alright, Thomas needs some saving. I have an idea, though it's a tad risky. While we don't have any kind of net, we do have these climbing ropes. If we get two or three of them, and have team members hold them slightly taunt, crisscrossing each other and so on, it should make an ok net for Thomas to fall in, assuming he falls on his back or front. Of course, I don't have a rope, nor am I 4-6 people, so I'll need some assistance if this plan is to come to fruition. Thoughts?"
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6314 on: August 13, 2012, 01:25:56 pm »

Climb up.
Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 1256